• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Post your Natal Chart report

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Further, aving mars opposing saturn is going to make breaking through those sorts of blocks very challenging as it requires a lot of of energy that is hindered from being easily tapped.

Also you have this placement too don't you? How do you work through this obstacle? Now that I'm in my last year of undergrad this is incredibly challenging for me to overcome.

á´…eparted

passages
Hmm, maybe the site I'm using to calculate my dominant planets isn't that reliable. It also told me I'm water>earth>air>fire and that Capricorn and Pisces are two of my dominant signs (the actual order was Cancer>Pisces>Sagittarius>Libra>Capricorn) so I wouldn't doubt it. There was a lot of info I wasn't really sure was correct. OTOH the dominance of water and air makes a lot more sense for me.

As for what are my actual dominating planets...well I'm not sure how to calculate it myself and since the site I used seems dodgy I'm not so sure anymore. But I do feel like it's some combo of Moon/Mercury/Venus - Venus or Moon being the most likely. As for my dominant signs...I know Cancer is the main one for sure. Not sure how to calculate the rest but I'm sure Libra is another, and maybe Gemini.

Also you're water/air dominant? Hello sister :D I would've actually expected earth/air, but I can see that.

You can calculate dominant positions, but it's not full-proof. Generally speaking sign dominance is determined by the number of planets in given signs and houses, and what signs given planets are in in accordance to what signs they rule. Another is what sign chart rulers are in, and what houses chart rulers are in. For determing planent dominance those factors are taken in, as well as number of aspects to a given planet and how strong they are. The majority of people don't have strong chart rulers and are generally averaged out with some areas more slightly significant than others. Yours has a bit of focus to the point of saying yeah there are some chart rulers. At the same time though it's not overwhelmingly strong.

My chart is on the first or second page. I'm a very good example of clear/obvious chart rulers.

á´…eparted

passages
Also you have this placement too don't you? How do you work through this obstacle? Now that I'm in my last year of undergrad this is incredibly challenging for me to overcome.

I do.

Essentially I make use of my strength in other areas to overcome it (in my case I make use of my mars trine pluto and moon aspects). Those sort of come at a price, but it works. Essentially you just have to try and fight past what blocks you. Saturn aspects are all about restriction and hinderence. The oppositions are easier to overcome though than square IMO, because it's a matter of focused work, determination, and force of will. You just have to relentlessly keep trying even when you fall, and take advantage of the support others give you. It's a life long battle that one has to accept. Granted, I do have some help with it because mars is on my midhaven.

As for what are my actual dominating planets...well I'm not sure how to calculate it myself and since the site I used seems dodgy I'm not so sure anymore. But I do feel like it's some combo of Moon/Mercury/Venus - Venus or Moon being the most likely. As for my dominant signs...I know Cancer is the main one for sure. Not sure how to calculate the rest but I'm sure Libra is another, and maybe Gemini.

Have you tried Astro.com's Extended Chart Selection under Walter Pullen's method? It gives you a list of your dominant planets in order as well as dominant signs, element percentages, and strongest aspects. All you have to do is enter your birth data, then click "Pullen/Astrology" from "Methods," and then from "Please Select a Chart Type," scroll all the way at the bottom to "Simple Chart Delineation by Walter Pullen." Then press "Click Here to Show the Chart", and you'll see a bunch of text. Just scroll down towards the bottom of the page and you'll see where the dominant statistics of your chart are located.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You can calculate dominant positions, but it's not full-proof. Generally speaking sign dominance is determined by the number of planets in given signs and houses, and what signs given planets are in in accordance to what signs they rule. Another is what sign chart rulers are in, and what houses chart rulers are in. For determing planent dominance those factors are taken in, as well as number of aspects to a given planet and how strong they are. The majority of people don't have strong chart rulers and are generally averaged out with some areas more slightly significant than others. Yours has a bit of focus to the point of saying yeah there are some chart rulers. At the same time though it's not overwhelmingly strong.

My chart is on the first or second page. I'm a very good example of clear/obvious chart rulers.

I think I used the same website you did for this part of your chart actually :thinking:

I know senza once told me Venus was my chart ruler but I can't remember her reasoning besides the fact that I'm Libra rising. I'm really trying to make sense of what you're saying here but I might be having a brainfart lol. So Cancer would be a dominant sign for me because I have two planets in it (Sun and Venus) as well as two planets in the house IV (Uranus and Neptune)? And then Venus would be the dominant planet for me because my Venus is in Cancer which is my dominant sign and I'm a Libra rising?

Also since you're a strong Plutonian does that make you Sailor Pluto? :smile:

- - - Updated - - -

Have you tried Astro.com's Extended Chart Selection under Walter Pullen's method? It gives you a list of your dominant planets in order as well as dominant signs, element percentages, and strongest aspects. All you have to do is enter your birth data, then click "Pullen/Astrology" from "Methods," and then from "Please Select a Chart Type," scroll all the way at the bottom to "Simple Chart Delineation by Walter Pullen." Then press "Click Here to Show the Chart", and you'll see a bunch of text. Just scroll down towards the bottom of the page and you'll see where the dominant statistics of your chart are located.

That's the one I used lol.

That's the one I used lol.
Well, here's a few more links where they calculate your dominant planets if you are interested.

Personal Horoscope | www.horoscopeyourself.com

The color horoscope on Astro.com shows it as well.

Color Horoscope - Astrodienst

And astrologer Donna Cunningham on her blog has an easy method of finding out how strong each of your plants are by manually calculating it yourself.

Planetary Tests | Sky Writer

Each use different methods, but I think Walter Pullen's method is the most reliable honestly. Pullen's method uses midpoints and asteroid aspects to really dig into finding your strongest planets. But it all comes down to what planet you feel is the most dominant yourself. Usually the dominant planet is the ruler of whatever sign you have most in your chart or the house ruler with the most planets in that house.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Well, here's a few more links where they calculate your dominant planets if you are interested.

And astrologer Donna Cunningham on her blog has an easy method of finding out how strong each of your plants are by manually calculating it yourself.

Each use different methods, but I think Walter Pullen's method is the most reliable honestly. Pullen's method uses midpoints and asteroid aspects to really dig into finding your strongest planets. But it all comes down to what planet you feel is the most dominant yourself. Usually the dominant planet is the ruler of whatever sign you have most in your chart or the house ruler with the most planets in that house.

Yeah, I think my issue was that chart reading is subjective to the person reading it to some degree ([MENTION=23915]Hawthorne[/MENTION] explained this to me a few times before). I was thinking there was an all-inclusive objective method to calculate one's dominant planets/signs but it's more based on what line of reasoning you follow. So it's like MBTI/Enneagram typing in that sense. That said, I feel like I'm most likely either Moon dominant (due to my heavy Cancer influence) or Venus dominant (Libra influence) with one only having a slight edge on the other. I think the problem with my chart is, also like Hawthorne said, there's a lot of feedbacking between Cancer/Moon and Libra/Venus, with some certain aspects included like me being Libra rising but also having more planets in house IV than VII...and the alignments Moon and Venus have with other planets seem to be equal but I dunno.

Yeah, I think my issue was that chart reading is subjective to the person reading it to some degree ([MENTION=23915]Hawthorne[/MENTION] explained this to me a few times before). I was thinking there was an all-inclusive objective method to calculate one's dominant planets/signs but it's more based on what line of reasoning you follow. So it's like MBTI/Enneagram typing in that sense. That said, I feel like I'm most likely either Moon dominant (due to my heavy Cancer influence) or Venus dominant (Libra influence) with one only having a slight edge on the other. I think the problem with my chart is, also like Hawthorne said, there's a lot of feedbacking between Cancer/Moon and Libra/Venus, with some certain aspects included like me being Libra rising but also having more planets in house IV than VII...and the alignments Moon and Venus have with other planets seem to be equal but I dunno.

Yeah, astrology is more like a "whatever you feel fits the best" kind of idea. Judging from your chart though, I would say that Cancer and Libra would definitely be in the top 3 for dominant signs. I also see that you have 3 personal planets, Sun, Mercury, and Venus, all in the 9th house where Sagittarius rules. You additionally have a Fire Singleton, Jupiter in Sagittarius, and singletons can be one of the strongest planets in a person's chart because the singleton planet would overcompensate for the lack of that specific element. For that reason, I would say Sagittarius could be considered a dominant sign as well, and Jupiter could be one of your dominant planets too. I also have a singleton planet, Saturn in Aquarius, and Pullen ranks the sign and planet of my singleton as a dominant sign and planet in my chart. In fact, Saturn is ranked #1 in my chart and I have a heavy Cancer chart too, so when I first saw that it was surprising for me because I always saw myself as a moonchild first and foremost, haha. But I already see that you have found Sagittarius to be one of your dominants through using Pullen. Then again, it comes down to whatever sign and planet you feel is the strongest, because only you can truly know.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

This is the first time I've received Pluto as my dominant planet. My lifetime accumulation of self-knowledge has been shattered. Who am I?

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Yeah, astrology is more like a "whatever you feel fits the best" kind of idea. Judging from your chart though, I would say that Cancer and Libra would definitely be in the top 3 for dominant signs. I also see that you have 3 personal planets, Sun, Mercury, and Venus, all in the 9th house where Sagittarius rules. You additionally have a Fire Singleton, Jupiter in Sagittarius, and singletons can be one of the strongest planets in a person's chart because the singleton planet would overcompensate for the lack of that specific element. For that reason, I would say Sagittarius could be considered a dominant sign as well, and Jupiter could be one of your dominant planets too. I also have a singleton planet, Saturn in Aquarius, and Pullen ranks the sign and planet of my singleton as a dominant sign and planet in my chart. In fact, Saturn is ranked #1 in my chart and I have a heavy Cancer chart too, so when I first saw that it was surprising for me because I always saw myself as a moonchild first and foremost, haha. But I already see that you have found Sagittarius to be one of your dominants through using Pullen. Then again, it comes down to whatever sign and planet you feel is the strongest, because only you can truly know.

So is a singleton one single sign of an otherwise missing element in one's chart, or does the sign also have to be in its ruling planet as well to be considered a singleton? I was actually saying among the additional signs Pullen ranked Sagittarius was the most relatable for me, even though fire is underrepresented in my chart, so I could see Sagittarius in my top three after Cancer and Libra. Although I also relate a lot to Gemini and I know Gemini is one of the more prominent signs in my chart as well, but I'm not sure if I'd go as far to call it a dominant and it may be Mercury's influence instead (I think Mercury is probably one of my dominant planets, although not as strongly as Moon and Venus).

Hmm...so I'm thinking mainly my dominant planets are Moon and Venus, while my dominant signs are Cancer and Libra. And then when going past the bigger picture and into smaller but still prominent chart rulers, I'd say Gemini/Sagittarius and Mercury/Jupiter. That sounds good to me, although if you have any differing thoughts on Gemini and Mercury I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks for all your help btw :hug:

This is the first time I've received Pluto as my dominant planet. My lifetime accumulation of self-knowledge has been shattered. Who am I?

If you used the first link, I also gotten a planet I have never even had as a dominant too. I noticed that the first link's method relies on planets that are tightly aspected by orb in your chart. Like I have Sun conjunct Venus with a 2 degree orb, and they listed Venus as my most dominant and then Sun as second, which I know is completely false, haha. The other funny thing is my one usual planet that always shows up as a dominant isn't even high up in that ranking. For dominant planet rankings, I find Pullen's method to be the most efficient, but I just gave those other links just for more perspectives.

So is a singleton one single sign of an otherwise missing element in one's chart, or does the sign also have to be in its ruling planet as well to be considered a singleton? I was actually saying among the additional signs Pullen ranked Sagittarius was the most relatable for me, even though fire is underrepresented in my chart, so I could see Sagittarius in my top three after Cancer and Libra. Although I also relate a lot to Gemini and I know Gemini is one of the more prominent signs in my chart as well, but I'm not sure if I'd go as far to call it a dominant and it may be Mercury's influence instead (I think Mercury is probably one of my dominant planets, although not as strongly as Moon and Venus).

Hmm...so I'm thinking mainly my dominant planets are Moon and Venus, while my dominant signs are Cancer and Libra. And then when going past the bigger picture and into smaller but still prominent chart rulers, I'd say Gemini/Sagittarius and Mercury/Jupiter. That sounds good to me, although if you have any differing thoughts on Gemini and Mercury I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks for all your help btw :hug:

A singleton is when there is no other element (fire, air, earth water), quality (cardinal, mutable, fixed) or house type (angular, fixed, cadent). In your case, Jupiter is the only planet in fire, so wherever Jupiter is located in your chart, that is where the energy is going to be most exerted. Jupiter is in your 2nd house, the house of finances and self-worth, so the fire energy of Sagittarius in it's own ruling sign of Jupiter means that 2nd house matters will be inflated because Jupiter brings luck, fortune, and greater things. I would consider this to be a really good aspect, since Sagittarius and Jupiter are both a positive sign and planet and having it in the house of finances would be a double whammy. Having it Jupiter in it's ruling sign also amplifies this planet too. I would definitely rule this as a dominant sign and planet in your chart.

I also find it interesting how you have Sun conjunct Midheaven (3 degree orb) in your chart, another beneficial aspect to have careerwise. I can see how this particular aspect and your Sagittarius Jupiter could possibly bring a lot of money probably in relation to your career.

I can see why you would say Gemini is a sign you can relate too since it's under your Mercury. I do consider Mercury an important planet, because it describes how we think and communicate. Since you also have it in Gemini, one of its ruling signs, the planet would feel right at home. It's also in the 9th house along with your two Cancer planets, so that can also be why you feel it to be pretty prominent. My sister and two of my cousins have Mercury in Gemini, and what I noticed about all three is that they are great debaters and liars, haha. They can seriously get away with anything. My poor Cancer Mercury is no match against my sister when we're in a heated argument; she always ends up winning even if I'm right and she's wrong, haha. Anyways, I digress.

That's what I've come up with from analyzing your chart a bit. I'm not a professional astrologer, but I've taken an interest in it for a long time, so I just gathered some info from what I've learned throughout the years. It's sort of a guilty pleasure hobby of mine, haha. You can take my perspective on it however you wish, since like I said I'm not a professional. :)

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
A singleton is when there is no other element (fire, air, earth water), quality (cardinal, mutable, fixed) or house type (angular, fixed, cadent). In your case, Jupiter is the only planet in fire, so wherever Jupiter is located in your chart, that is where the energy is going to be most exerted. Jupiter is in your 2nd house, the house of finances and self-worth, so the fire energy of Sagittarius in it's own ruling sign of Jupiter means that 2nd house matters will be inflated because Jupiter brings luck, fortune, and greater things. I would consider this to be a really good aspect, since Sagittarius and Jupiter are both a positive sign and planet and having it in the house of finances would be a double whammy. Having it Jupiter in it's ruling sign also amplifies this planet too. I would definitely rule this as a dominant sign and planet in your chart.

I thought Jupiter was in my 3rd house because my 3rd house was in Sagittarius? Would you mind telling me how you're getting these planet-house placements? I was also wondering how Sun, Mercury, and Venus are all in my 9th house :thinking:

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If you used the first link, I also gotten a planet I have never even had as a dominant either. I noticed that the first link's method relies on planets that are tightly aspected by orb in your chart. Like I have Sun conjunct Venus with a 2 degree orb, and they listed Venus as my most dominant and then Sun as second, which I know is completely false, haha. The other funny thing is my one usual planet that always shows up as a dominant isn't even high up in that ranking. For dominant planet rankings, I find Pullen's method to be the most efficient, but I just gave those other links just for more perspectives.

Yes, the first. A Pluto in dominion perfectly squaring my usually dominant Saturn and near perfectly squaring (only 1 degree off) Moon. That's an interesting algorithm to say the least. While Saturn was only downgraded to second place, I'll probably be sticking with it going forward.

Thanks for the shiny new and interesting links.

Edit: Oh wait. Maybe it's the 2 deg conjunction with midheaven. Well there we have it.

I thought Jupiter was in my 3rd house because my 3rd house was in Sagittarius? Would you mind telling me how you're getting these planet-house placements? I was also wondering how Sun, Mercury, and Venus are all in my 9th house :thinking:

Since your second house starts at 12 degrees Scorpio and it ends at around 13 degrees in Sagittarius, your Sag Jupiter, which is at 6 degrees, will be in the second house and not the third house because the third house starts at 13 degrees in Sagittarius. So, even though your second house ruler is Scorpio, it still contains the earlier degrees of Sagittarius before 13 degrees, if that makes sense.

The same would be for your Sun and Venus in Cancer too. Your ninth house starts at 13 degrees Gemini, and ends at around 17 degrees Cancer. Your Gemini Mercury is at 23 degrees, so it would be in the 9th house along with your Cancer Sun and Venus.

á´…eparted

passages
I think I used the same website you did for this part of your chart actually :thinking:

I know senza once told me Venus was my chart ruler but I can't remember her reasoning besides the fact that I'm Libra rising. I'm really trying to make sense of what you're saying here but I might be having a brainfart lol. So Cancer would be a dominant sign for me because I have two planets in it (Sun and Venus) as well as two planets in the house IV (Uranus and Neptune)? And then Venus would be the dominant planet for me because my Venus is in Cancer which is my dominant sign and I'm a Libra rising?

Also since you're a strong Plutonian does that make you Sailor Pluto? :smile:

As Stargaze said, it's rather subjective and takes individual interpretation. Not as satisfying as being specifically told you're a certain way because it feels like you're imparting personal bias, but it also ends up being more informative.

When I say you're Venus dominant I say that with a caveot. It's not like the grand ruler that glosses over everything else. Your moon is also an important player due to its and others placements. As far as dominant sign I would't say you have a specific one, but you're strongly Libra and Cancer in particular, but there are influences from other signs as well. You also have a decent sag influence due to 9th house population. Usually individuals have 3-4 signs that are large parts of their makeups.

If I was a sailor scout I'd be Sailor Mars, no question XD.

I agree Pullen's method is the most reliable, as it considers more factors and doesn't rely so heavily on specific points of interest always trumping everything else like most calculators would. The others you provided here say my strongest is Saturn, which simply isn't the case. It makes sense though that it's say that because it looks at individual placements, but now how the placements interplay with one another.

See chart here.

Yes, the first. A Pluto in dominion perfectly squaring my usually dominant Saturn and near perfectly squaring (only 1 degree off) Moon. That's an interesting algorithm to say the least. While Saturn was only downgraded to second place, I'll probably be sticking with it going forward.

Thanks for the shiny new and interesting links.

You're welcome. :) Yeah, I would stick with Saturn being your most dominant, especially if it was only second. It still means it's really strong.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Since your second house starts at 12 degrees Scorpio and it ends at around 13 degrees in Sagittarius, your Sag Jupiter, which is at 6 degrees, will be in the second house and not the third house because the third house starts at 13 degrees in Sagittarius. So, even though your second house ruler is Scorpio, it still contains the earlier degrees of Sagittarius before 13 degrees, if that makes sense.

The same would be for your Sun and Venus in Cancer too. Your ninth house starts at 13 degrees Gemini, and ends at around 17 degrees Cancer. Your Gemini Mercury is at 23 degrees, so it would be in the 9th house along with your Cancer Sun and Venus.

Oh wow! This is like the first time anyone's ever brought up the relevancy of degrees to me. And it makes such a difference in analyzing my chart too. Thanks for noting that - I definitely have a lot more I need to educate myself on. Haven't been in this situation for a while since I'm very familiarized with MBTI/Enneagram so all of these things you're throwing at me are very good exciting signs haha

Oh wow! This is like the first time anyone's ever brought up the relevancy of degrees to me. And it makes such a difference in analyzing my chart too. Thanks for noting that - I definitely have a lot more I need to educate myself on. Haven't been in this situation for a while since I'm very familiarized with MBTI/Enneagram so all of these things you're throwing at me are very good exciting signs haha

Haha, no problem. I actually got into astrology before MBTI, so I'm the opposite of you. :) And yeah, astrology is confusing at the beginning, but once you familiarize yourself with it, the easier it is to decipher it. I'm still learning everytime.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I have no idea what any of this means but I want to join the fun.

8UXnqvl.png