User Tag List

Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Post your Natal Chart report

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Further, aving mars opposing saturn is going to make breaking through those sorts of blocks very challenging as it requires a lot of of energy that is hindered from being easily tapped.
    Also you have this placement too don't you? How do you work through this obstacle? Now that I'm in my last year of undergrad this is incredibly challenging for me to overcome.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Quote Originally Posted by Chanaynay View Post
    Hmm, maybe the site I'm using to calculate my dominant planets isn't that reliable. It also told me I'm water>earth>air>fire and that Capricorn and Pisces are two of my dominant signs (the actual order was Cancer>Pisces>Sagittarius>Libra>Capricorn) so I wouldn't doubt it. There was a lot of info I wasn't really sure was correct. OTOH the dominance of water and air makes a lot more sense for me.

As for what are my actual dominating planets...well I'm not sure how to calculate it myself and since the site I used seems dodgy I'm not so sure anymore. But I do feel like it's some combo of Moon/Mercury/Venus - Venus or Moon being the most likely. As for my dominant signs...I know Cancer is the main one for sure. Not sure how to calculate the rest but I'm sure Libra is another, and maybe Gemini.

Also you're water/air dominant? Hello sister I would've actually expected earth/air, but I can see that.
    You can calculate dominant positions, but it's not full-proof. Generally speaking sign dominance is determined by the number of planets in given signs and houses, and what signs given planets are in in accordance to what signs they rule. Another is what sign chart rulers are in, and what houses chart rulers are in. For determing planent dominance those factors are taken in, as well as number of aspects to a given planet and how strong they are. The majority of people don't have strong chart rulers and are generally averaged out with some areas more slightly significant than others. Yours has a bit of focus to the point of saying yeah there are some chart rulers. At the same time though it's not overwhelmingly strong.

My chart is on the first or second page. I'm a very good example of clear/obvious chart rulers.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLE Se

Also you have this placement too don't you? How do you work through this obstacle? Now that I'm in my last year of undergrad this is incredibly challenging for me to overcome.
    I do.

Essentially I make use of my strength in other areas to overcome it (in my case I make use of my mars trine pluto and moon aspects). Those sort of come at a price, but it works. Essentially you just have to try and fight past what blocks you. Saturn aspects are all about restriction and hinderence. The oppositions are easier to overcome though than square IMO, because it's a matter of focused work, determination, and force of will. You just have to relentlessly keep trying even when you fall, and take advantage of the support others give you. It's a life long battle that one has to accept. Granted, I do have some help with it because mars is on my midhaven.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari
    Likes Chanaynay liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx

As for what are my actual dominating planets...well I'm not sure how to calculate it myself and since the site I used seems dodgy I'm not so sure anymore. But I do feel like it's some combo of Moon/Mercury/Venus - Venus or Moon being the most likely. As for my dominant signs...I know Cancer is the main one for sure. Not sure how to calculate the rest but I'm sure Libra is another, and maybe Gemini.
    Have you tried Astro.com's Extended Chart Selection under Walter Pullen's method? It gives you a list of your dominant planets in order as well as dominant signs, element percentages, and strongest aspects. All you have to do is enter your birth data, then click "Pullen/Astrology" from "Methods," and then from "Please Select a Chart Type," scroll all the way at the bottom to "Simple Chart Delineation by Walter Pullen." Then press "Click Here to Show the Chart", and you'll see a bunch of text. Just scroll down towards the bottom of the page and you'll see where the dominant statistics of your chart are located.
    ♋☉ ⚊ ♓🌙 ⚊ ♈⬆

Keep knocking, and the joy inside will eventually open a window and look out to see who's there. ~ Rumi
    Likes chickpea liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    You can calculate dominant positions, but it's not full-proof. Generally speaking sign dominance is determined by the number of planets in given signs and houses, and what signs given planets are in in accordance to what signs they rule. Another is what sign chart rulers are in, and what houses chart rulers are in. For determing planent dominance those factors are taken in, as well as number of aspects to a given planet and how strong they are. The majority of people don't have strong chart rulers and are generally averaged out with some areas more slightly significant than others. Yours has a bit of focus to the point of saying yeah there are some chart rulers. At the same time though it's not overwhelmingly strong.

My chart is on the first or second page. I'm a very good example of clear/obvious chart rulers.
    I think I used the same website you did for this part of your chart actually

I know senza once told me Venus was my chart ruler but I can't remember her reasoning besides the fact that I'm Libra rising. I'm really trying to make sense of what you're saying here but I might be having a brainfart lol. So Cancer would be a dominant sign for me because I have two planets in it (Sun and Venus) as well as two planets in the house IV (Uranus and Neptune)? And then Venus would be the dominant planet for me because my Venus is in Cancer which is my dominant sign and I'm a Libra rising?

Also since you're a strong Plutonian does that make you Sailor Pluto?

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Stargaze View Post
    Have you tried Astro.com's Extended Chart Selection under Walter Pullen's method? It gives you a list of your dominant planets in order as well as dominant signs, element percentages, and strongest aspects. All you have to do is enter your birth data, then click "Pullen/Astrology" from "Methods," and then from "Please Select a Chart Type," scroll all the way at the bottom to "Simple Chart Delineation by Walter Pullen." Then press "Click Here to Show the Chart", and you'll see a bunch of text. Just scroll down towards the bottom of the page and you'll see where the dominant statistics of your chart are located.
    That's the one I used lol.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx

That's the one I used lol.
    Well, here's a few more links where they calculate your dominant planets if you are interested.

Personal Horoscope | www.horoscopeyourself.com

The color horoscope on Astro.com shows it as well.

Color Horoscope - Astrodienst

And astrologer Donna Cunningham on her blog has an easy method of finding out how strong each of your plants are by manually calculating it yourself.

Planetary Tests | Sky Writer

Each use different methods, but I think Walter Pullen's method is the most reliable honestly. Pullen's method uses midpoints and asteroid aspects to really dig into finding your strongest planets. But it all comes down to what planet you feel is the most dominant yourself. Usually the dominant planet is the ruler of whatever sign you have most in your chart or the house ruler with the most planets in that house.
    ♋☉ ⚊ ♓🌙 ⚊ ♈⬆

Keep knocking, and the joy inside will eventually open a window and look out to see who's there. ~ Rumi

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Well, here's a few more links where they calculate your dominant planets if you are interested.

And astrologer Donna Cunningham on her blog has an easy method of finding out how strong each of your plants are by manually calculating it yourself.

Each use different methods, but I think Walter Pullen's method is the most reliable honestly. Pullen's method uses midpoints and asteroid aspects to really dig into finding your strongest planets. But it all comes down to what planet you feel is the most dominant yourself. Usually the dominant planet is the ruler of whatever sign you have most in your chart or the house ruler with the most planets in that house.
    Yeah, I think my issue was that chart reading is subjective to the person reading it to some degree (@Hawthorne explained this to me a few times before). I was thinking there was an all-inclusive objective method to calculate one's dominant planets/signs but it's more based on what line of reasoning you follow. So it's like MBTI/Enneagram typing in that sense. That said, I feel like I'm most likely either Moon dominant (due to my heavy Cancer influence) or Venus dominant (Libra influence) with one only having a slight edge on the other. I think the problem with my chart is, also like Hawthorne said, there's a lot of feedbacking between Cancer/Moon and Libra/Venus, with some certain aspects included like me being Libra rising but also having more planets in house IV than VII...and the alignments Moon and Venus have with other planets seem to be equal but I dunno.
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 sp/sx

Yeah, I think my issue was that chart reading is subjective to the person reading it to some degree (@Hawthorne explained this to me a few times before). I was thinking there was an all-inclusive objective method to calculate one's dominant planets/signs but it's more based on what line of reasoning you follow. So it's like MBTI/Enneagram typing in that sense. That said, I feel like I'm most likely either Moon dominant (due to my heavy Cancer influence) or Venus dominant (Libra influence) with one only having a slight edge on the other. I think the problem with my chart is, also like Hawthorne said, there's a lot of feedbacking between Cancer/Moon and Libra/Venus, with some certain aspects included like me being Libra rising but also having more planets in house IV than VII...and the alignments Moon and Venus have with other planets seem to be equal but I dunno.
    Yeah, astrology is more like a "whatever you feel fits the best" kind of idea. Judging from your chart though, I would say that Cancer and Libra would definitely be in the top 3 for dominant signs. I also see that you have 3 personal planets, Sun, Mercury, and Venus, all in the 9th house where Sagittarius rules. You additionally have a Fire Singleton, Jupiter in Sagittarius, and singletons can be one of the strongest planets in a person's chart because the singleton planet would overcompensate for the lack of that specific element. For that reason, I would say Sagittarius could be considered a dominant sign as well, and Jupiter could be one of your dominant planets too. I also have a singleton planet, Saturn in Aquarius, and Pullen ranks the sign and planet of my singleton as a dominant sign and planet in my chart. In fact, Saturn is ranked #1 in my chart and I have a heavy Cancer chart too, so when I first saw that it was surprising for me because I always saw myself as a moonchild first and foremost, haha. But I already see that you have found Sagittarius to be one of your dominants through using Pullen. Then again, it comes down to whatever sign and planet you feel is the strongest, because only you can truly know.
    ♋☉ ⚊ ♓🌙 ⚊ ♈⬆

Likes Chanaynay, Hawthorne liked this post

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 so/sp

This is the first time I've received Pluto as my dominant planet. My lifetime accumulation of self-knowledge has been shattered. Who am I?

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    7w6 sx/so

Yeah, astrology is more like a "whatever you feel fits the best" kind of idea. Judging from your chart though, I would say that Cancer and Libra would definitely be in the top 3 for dominant signs. I also see that you have 3 personal planets, Sun, Mercury, and Venus, all in the 9th house where Sagittarius rules. You additionally have a Fire Singleton, Jupiter in Sagittarius, and singletons can be one of the strongest planets in a person's chart because the singleton planet would overcompensate for the lack of that specific element. For that reason, I would say Sagittarius could be considered a dominant sign as well, and Jupiter could be one of your dominant planets too. I also have a singleton planet, Saturn in Aquarius, and Pullen ranks the sign and planet of my singleton as a dominant sign and planet in my chart. In fact, Saturn is ranked #1 in my chart and I have a heavy Cancer chart too, so when I first saw that it was surprising for me because I always saw myself as a moonchild first and foremost, haha. But I already see that you have found Sagittarius to be one of your dominants through using Pullen. Then again, it comes down to whatever sign and planet you feel is the strongest, because only you can truly know.
    So is a singleton one single sign of an otherwise missing element in one's chart, or does the sign also have to be in its ruling planet as well to be considered a singleton? I was actually saying among the additional signs Pullen ranked Sagittarius was the most relatable for me, even though fire is underrepresented in my chart, so I could see Sagittarius in my top three after Cancer and Libra. Although I also relate a lot to Gemini and I know Gemini is one of the more prominent signs in my chart as well, but I'm not sure if I'd go as far to call it a dominant and it may be Mercury's influence instead (I think Mercury is probably one of my dominant planets, although not as strongly as Moon and Venus).

Hmm...so I'm thinking mainly my dominant planets are Moon and Venus, while my dominant signs are Cancer and Libra. And then when going past the bigger picture and into smaller but still prominent chart rulers, I'd say Gemini/Sagittarius and Mercury/Jupiter. That sounds good to me, although if you have any differing thoughts on Gemini and Mercury I'd be happy to hear them.

Thanks for all your help btw
    7w6 - 2w3 - 8w7 sx/so