User Tag List

123 Last

Default Is the right eye of introverts dominant?

Have a look at this guy who seems to find patterns in everything.

human face and psychology
    table of analytical psychology

For example, that introverts have a dominant right eye, how the sixteen types can be generalized to 64, and that everyone of them has their own I-Ching text.

I became ISFJ (not too far from INFJ, could be right), I-Ching number 51 - Chen (shock, thunder):
    passive right corner of mouth (lowest I-Ching line solid)
    active left corner of mouth (2nd line open)
    active right eye (3rd line open)
    passive left eye (4th line solid)
    active right eyebrow (5th line open)
    active left eyebrow (6th line open)
    Hexagram 51: Chen/The Arousing

Interesante. Even more interesting if there had been some answers to the question why and not only what :-)

What do you say?
    Does it correspond well to your type?
    Can there be any truth in this and some kind of relation to some kind of hardwiring of brains?
    Could the I-Ching texts have been composed by some, at the time known, relationship between behaviour and facial characteristics? And if so, how and why?
    Last edited by Geonat; 12-29-2014 at 05:16 PM. Reason: corrected to "passive left eye" (copy/paste error)
    Likes nanook liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Interesting. I'm a logical type, and my right eyebrow does get all the action, which is consistent with this guy's theory.

However, I'm also an introvert, and I am most decidedly not right-eye dominant. In fact, my right eye is much weaker than my left. I imagine that, like a lot of theories, this one has some truth in it, as well as some inaccuracies. That's why it's a theory.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

i'm right eye dominant. Aren't most?
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Interesting. I'm a logical type, and my right eyebrow does get all the action, which is consistent with this guy's theory.
    That's because you're a lefty like me and my best friend.
    1w2-6w5-3w2 so/sp

"I took one those personality tests. It came back negative." - Dan Mintz
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by SD45T-2 View Post
    That's because you're a lefty like me and my best friend.
    So whichever hand is your dominant hand, your opposite eyebrow is the one you raise? That would explain why most people tend to raise their left one.

Anyway, here's an easy way to determine which is your dominant eye. A Neat Trick To Determine Your Dominant Eye - DIY Photography

Most people are right-eye dominant, which, according to this theory, would mean that most people are introverts, which is not at all true.

I read some more and he seems to relate
    passive = inclination towards focusing on statics, configurations, actuality
    active = inclination towards focusing on dynamics, changes, potentiality

So instead of attributing extraverted and introverted variants of T,F,N,S he introduces passive and active versions of them:
    Passive:
    Ns (abstract space), Ss (concrete space), Tm (detailed matter), Fm (generalized matter)
    Active:
    Nt (potential time), St (valid time), Te (sign energy), Fe (figurative energy)

And then these can be applied to the inner personal (introverted) and outer common (extroverted) world respectively, I guess.
    So when you move your corners of the mouth and the eyebrows you process dynamic aspects of your symbols, and when they are at rest you process static aspects. I will try really hard to keep an open mind. :-)

I also found this by Lenore-Thomson:
    lenore-thomson.png

...which together with socionics ego and super-ego blocks (both conscious, but the first strong and the other weak) would suggest that xSFJs (Si & Fe ego, Ni & Te super-ego) and xNTJs (Ni & Te ego, Si and Fe super-ego) are very much left-brain conscious (as are the xSTJs and xNFJs as well on second thought).
    And for the four introverts IxxJ (the melancholics) visual information goes straight from the right eye to the back of the left hemisphere producing dominant perception of (introverted static and/or dynamic) sensation and intuition, depending on activity in the corners of the mouth :-) (it's happening in this very moment )

This is all of course very abstract, but it would be interesting to learn how to think in those terms and see if there is any truth to it. A whole new language though.

Not to mention what is meant by "sign energy", "figurative energy" etc. Does this make any sense to anyone of you?
    Last edited by Geonat; 12-29-2014 at 07:50 PM. Reason: forgot to include xSTJs and xNFJs
    Likes nanook liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes Stanton Moore, uumlau liked this post

Most people are right eye dominant. Does that mean most people are introverts? No.

Might as well correlate handedness and MBTI.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

@Arcana Maybe there's some truth to that saying, "Only left-handed people are in their right mind."

Alright, I don't really believe in this either. And maybe I have misinterpreted *active* eye for *dominant* eye all along.
    It seems that he allows both eyes to be active and/or passive which leads to four combinations actually. It shouldn't be dismissed altogether before considering that.

However:

Something happens to my information gathering (reading) when I blindfold my dominant eye temporarily.
    It's another form of perception, more objective in a sense, and somewhat more relaxed and unfocused.
    Have any of you experienced something like that?

And now that I'm already into this Ne divergent garbage production (I will converge and clean up with some Ni below) one could perhaps - according to the "theory" above - say that when one changes eye dominance from right to left, J changes to P. So for example, an INFJ would become an INFP (just mirroring the Lenore-Thomson pic).

This could be called a kind of temporary ego death :-) which incidentally brings some meaning to the song title "I for an eye" :-)