• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Is the right eye of introverts dominant?

Geonat

Have a look at this guy who seems to find patterns in everything.

human face and psychology
table of analytical psychology

For example, that introverts have a dominant right eye, how the sixteen types can be generalized to 64, and that everyone of them has their own I-Ching text.

I became ISFJ (not too far from INFJ, could be right), I-Ching number 51 - Chen (shock, thunder):
passive right corner of mouth (lowest I-Ching line solid)
active left corner of mouth (2nd line open)
active right eye (3rd line open)
passive left eye (4th line solid)
active right eyebrow (5th line open)
active left eyebrow (6th line open)
Hexagram 51: Chen/The Arousing

Interesante. Even more interesting if there had been some answers to the question why and not only what :)

What do you say?
Does it correspond well to your type?
Can there be any truth in this and some kind of relation to some kind of hardwiring of brains?
Could the I-Ching texts have been composed by some, at the time known, relationship between behaviour and facial characteristics? And if so, how and why?

Last edited:

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Interesting. I'm a logical type, and my right eyebrow does get all the action, which is consistent with this guy's theory.

However, I'm also an introvert, and I am most decidedly not right-eye dominant. In fact, my right eye is much weaker than my left. I imagine that, like a lot of theories, this one has some truth in it, as well as some inaccuracies. That's why it's a theory.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Interesting. I'm a logical type, and my right eyebrow does get all the action, which is consistent with this guy's theory.
That's because you're a lefty like me and my best friend. :D

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
That's because you're a lefty like me and my best friend. :D
So whichever hand is your dominant hand, your opposite eyebrow is the one you raise? That would explain why most people tend to raise their left one.

Anyway, here's an easy way to determine which is your dominant eye. A Neat Trick To Determine Your Dominant Eye - DIY Photography

Most people are right-eye dominant, which, according to this theory, would mean that most people are introverts, which is not at all true.

Geonat

I read some more and he seems to relate
passive = inclination towards focusing on statics, configurations, actuality
active = inclination towards focusing on dynamics, changes, potentiality

So instead of attributing extraverted and introverted variants of T,F,N,S he introduces passive and active versions of them:
Passive:
Ns (abstract space), Ss (concrete space), Tm (detailed matter), Fm (generalized matter)
Active:
Nt (potential time), St (valid time), Te (sign energy), Fe (figurative energy)

And then these can be applied to the inner personal (introverted) and outer common (extroverted) world respectively, I guess.
So when you move your corners of the mouth and the eyebrows you process dynamic aspects of your symbols, and when they are at rest you process static aspects. I will try really hard to keep an open mind. :)

I also found this by Lenore-Thomson:
lenore-thomson.png

...which together with socionics ego and super-ego blocks (both conscious, but the first strong and the other weak) would suggest that xSFJs (Si & Fe ego, Ni & Te super-ego) and xNTJs (Ni & Te ego, Si and Fe super-ego) are very much left-brain conscious (as are the xSTJs and xNFJs as well on second thought).
And for the four introverts IxxJ (the melancholics) visual information goes straight from the right eye to the back of the left hemisphere producing dominant perception of (introverted static and/or dynamic) sensation and intuition, depending on activity in the corners of the mouth :) (it's happening in this very moment :))

This is all of course very abstract, but it would be interesting to learn how to think in those terms and see if there is any truth to it. A whole new language though.

Not to mention what is meant by "sign energy", "figurative energy" etc. Does this make any sense to anyone of you?

Last edited:

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Most people are right eye dominant. Does that mean most people are introverts? No.

Might as well correlate handedness and MBTI.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
[MENTION=23222]Arcana[/MENTION] Maybe there's some truth to that saying, "Only left-handed people are in their right mind."

Geonat

Alright, I don't really believe in this either. And maybe I have misinterpreted *active* eye for *dominant* eye all along.
It seems that he allows both eyes to be active and/or passive which leads to four combinations actually. It shouldn't be dismissed altogether before considering that.

However:

Something happens to my information gathering (reading) when I blindfold my dominant eye temporarily.
It's another form of perception, more objective in a sense, and somewhat more relaxed and unfocused.
Have any of you experienced something like that?

And now that I'm already into this Ne divergent garbage production (I will converge and clean up with some Ni below) one could perhaps - according to the "theory" above - say that when one changes eye dominance from right to left, J changes to P. So for example, an INFJ would become an INFP (just mirroring the Lenore-Thomson pic).

This could be called a kind of temporary ego death :) which incidentally brings some meaning to the song title "I for an eye" :)

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
So whichever hand is your dominant hand, your opposite eyebrow is the one you raise? That would explain why most people tend to raise their left one.
Yeah, that's the pattern I've noticed. :)

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
If you look at one column of that chart in the second link, with all the faces, and then scroll the page up and down quickly all the faces look like they are having a fit.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance

Anyway, here's an easy way to determine which is your dominant eye. A Neat Trick To Determine Your Dominant Eye - DIY Photography

Most people are right-eye dominant, which, according to this theory, would mean that most people are introverts, which is not at all true.

That trick can suck a pine-cone. I get two images displaced over one another if I do that and I can make either eye dominant by shifting the triangle.

If I do it 'naturally' without shifting I can see the focus of my vision through both eyes with the opposite closed, just it moves slightly to the right or left. But then I guess I'm not doin' it right.

GarrotTheThief

The Green Jolly Robin H.
MBTI Type
ENTJ
A shaman once told me the soul is usually the left eye and the recorder eye is usually the right eye.

He then looked at my left eye and gawked as he noticed that it indicated a broken soul. From that day on I Was called "The Broken" and became the leader of a zombie army of new age hipsters and hippie chicks who refused to shave.

I'm considered extroverted by some and introverted by others. In my fam, I am the only one who wasn't in a frat so they think I'm introverted, but I'll talk about the meaning of life to a bum on the street if it comes to that where as they close down on anything that is unfamiliar.

Hope this helps.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
Every of the introvert's eyes are dominant

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
I'm actually left eye dominant. Didn't know that until just now. I'm also ambidextrous for the most part.

entropie

Permabanned
MBTI Type
entp
Enneagram
I'm actually left eye dominant. Didn't know that until just now. I'm also ambidextrous for the most part.

Ambidextrous is that enery hormone right ?