• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

and what type of creature are you?

select your taxonomy

• Total voters

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
according to Borges' Celestial Emporium of Benevolent Knowledge there are 14 different types of beasts available in the world. As human beings are just fancy beasts who walk about on two legs and wear clothes, which category do you fit into? :huh:

if you're really curious about the purpose of this just consider... Borges came up with the classifications just to show how arbitrary and culturally specific most classification systems really are...

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
images

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
If there are indeed only 14 different types, then I am of course one of those that are included in this classification.

And so is everyone else.

So.

Wasn't particularly hard to discredit this system of classification, was it...

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
If there are indeed only 14 different types, then I am of course one of those that are included in this classification.

And so is everyone else.

So.

Wasn't particularly hard to discredit this system of classification, was it...

but what about those that weren't? :ninja:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
but what about those that weren't? :ninja:

I covered that by starting with "If there are indeed only 14 different types" as claimed by the supposed writer of this classification. (By saying the list divides ALL animals into 14 different types.)

Thus if you are not one of those that are included in this classification. Then you are not an animal.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I covered that by starting with "If there are indeed only 14 different types" as claimed by the supposed writer of this classification. (By saying the list divides ALL animals into 14 different types.)

Thus if you are not one of those that are included in this classification. Then you are not an animal.

so we're speaking about odd things like the vegetable lamb of tartary here?

and if 16 types are supposed to describe all humans if there's no fit does that mean that one is not human? :unsure:

and what if the "those that are included in this classifications" means that only those that fit into the category "those that are included in this category" are to fit there, only we don't know the category...

the author is one of those who enjoys mindfucking his readers and english is not the original language (if you read spanish I can provide you a link)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
so we're speaking about odd things like the vegetable lamb of tartary here?

and if 16 types are supposed to describe all humans if there's no fit does that mean that one is not human? :unsure:

Thats the beauty of such a classification.

As a system of relationary preference. There is always one type that you identify with more than the other 15, and by extension, regardless of how strong you identify with said type, that will be your type. You can't ever fall outside of such a classification.

and what if the "those that are included in this classifications" means that only those that fit into the category "those that are included in this category" are to fit there, only we don't know the category...

the author is one of those who enjoys mindfucking his readers and english is not the original language (if you read spanish I can provide you a link)

Actually, the list is from the chinese language, possibly faked as the publisher could not trace or confirm the original translator.

Either way, as a classification list that incoorperates all encompassing categories such as 'Et cetera' and the like. It's hardly of significance.

It's no more false or true than saying all animals are living beings. Anyone can make such a classification list. But it is utterly pointless without context. If this is a true excerpt from ancient chinese language, the original writer was either completely mad or just taking the piss.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Thats the beauty of such a classification.

As a system of relationary preference. There is always one type that you identify with more than the other 15, and by extension, regardless of how strong you identify with said type, that will be your type. You can't ever fall outside of such a classification.

and you can't identify with a suckling pig more than a creature owned by the emperor? :huh:

you're taking things so seriously...

and some things (anything that tries to be universal... like one size fits all items) don't really fit very many people at all

Actually, the list is from the chinese language, possibly faked as the publisher could not trace or confirm the original translator.

Either way, as a classification list that incoorperates all encompassing categories such as 'Et cetera' and the like. It's hardly of significance.

It's no more false or true than saying all animals are living beings. Anyone can make such a classification list. But it is utterly pointless without context. If this is a true excerpt from ancient chinese language, the original writer was either completely mad or just taking the piss.

it was by an argentine author claiming to have found a lost chinese source... he happily admitted to having made it up. he tended to do such things :yes:

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you're taking things so seriously...

Of course. There is no fun in taking things lightly. Not for me. :D

And I was talking about MBTI when I was talking about the relationary preference system. The above list is obviously flawed, for starters because it fails to deliver context.

And of course everyone would identity with "those that are included in this classification." above all other categories in the classification, because with that category it is impossible to be wrong.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Fabulous ones.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Of course. There is no fun in taking things lightly. Not for me. :D

And I was talking about MBTI when I was talking about the relationary preference system. The above list is obviously flawed, for starters because it fails to deliver context.

And of course everyone would identity with "those that are included in this classification." above all other categories in the classification, because with that category it is impossible to be wrong.

and my only friend called ME no fun :thelook:

and it's a much more fun classification system than any other on here... where else are you going to get to claim to be fantastic?

plus, only my mental system is infallible and it makes absolutley no sense to anyone else at all (people whose mental texture feels like:
smooth glass beads
lasagna
marshmallows
flowing water
peaches
blankets
october nights
porcupines
interstate traffic in the distance
chihuahuas

and it WORKS dammit!)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and my only friend called ME no fun :thelook:

and it's a much more fun classification system than any other on here... where else are you going to get to claim to be fantastic?

plus, only my mental system is infallible and it makes absolutley no sense to anyone else at all (people whose mental texture feels like:
smooth glass beads
lasagna
marshmallows
flowing water
peaches
blankets
october nights
porcupines
interstate traffic in the distance
chihuahuas

and it WORKS dammit!)

I'm not saying you cant have fun with this in your own way. No need to be selfish here and deprive me of my fun! ;)

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
you, sir, are running water :yes:

Looking at your list, I can't help by agree, regardless of its apparant sadness. For none of the other categories seem capable of catching running water. Perhaps blankets may be able to catch some, but will it be enough I wonder.

Oh how I wish there were a couple of basin people out there, capable of taming and controlling the running water in its entirety. :(

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Looking at your list, I can't help by agree, regardless of its apparant sadness. For none of the other categories seem capable of catching running water. Perhaps blankets may be able to catch some, but will it be enough I wonder.

Oh how I wish there were a couple of basin people out there, capable of taming and controlling the running water in its entirety. :(

I'm sure some chihuahuas, porcupines or peaches could catch some :laugh:

and a cold enough october night could stop you in your tracks...

of course my father is running water and has been happily married to my lasagna mother for 32 years now, so make of that what you will :unsure:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I can't find Mistress of Salt anywhere on the list. :(

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
and a cold enough october night could stop you in your tracks...

That sounds like a thing from a fantasy story. The terrible prophecy!

And hmm, I guess lasagna is quite suited to withstand the terrible erosion of running water on account of being made of proteins... and other bio stuffs.

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I can't find Mistress of Salt anywhere on the list. :(

you, ma'am, are one of the categories I forgot to include because I forgot (a good enough reason I suppose)... pre-thunderstorm breeze

many apologies that mistress is not included in the title :(

That sounds like a thing from a fantasy story. The terrible prophecy!

And hmm, I guess lasagna is quite suited to withstand the terrible erosion of running water on account of being made of proteins... and other bio stuffs.

lol... you won't be frozen into carbonite!

and one's warm and the other's cool... and you can probably combine them into a meal :yes:

Betty Blue

Let me count the ways
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
7W6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Shapeshifting Vixen.

novelitem.jpg