• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Howtofascinate Archetypes

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
It is a nice chart

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Marm suggested I write to the folks at the site to get an answer to my question, so I did.

Within less than 24 hours, they sent me a delightful reply -- I thought it was really nice of them to directly explain everything to me, and it means they're willing to talk about their type theory if you have questions.

Here is what they had to say about the 7 "double" types (e.g., "power-power").

So basically what we have here is similar to the prim-tert loop in MBTI, maybe -- instead of balancing our type with a secondary, we reinforce the primary somehow and "double down" essentially when we should be flexing and looking for another way around.

I suspect they've gotten this question before, since they sent me a PDF. I'll try to upload a JPG of it later.

Anyway, there are 42 distinct "regular" types, + the 7 "double trouble" categories that define someone via their primary at a stress point.

EDIT: Note that I'm not sure if I agree with them -- I don't know if I really go all "Anarchy" on things when I'm stressed, for example -- but anyway that's their take on it.

EDIT: Here's the image.

(chart)
Jeez -- pure Prestige sounds like me in middle school.

Maybe these apply better to what we'd usually describe as "unhealthy" people of each type.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Maybe these apply better to what we'd usually describe as "unhealthy" people of each type.

:yes: Pure passion for me, in high school :ninja:

ygolo

My termites win
Perhaps this is obvious to many (it seems like it's obvious to [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] at least), but this is specifically aimed at looking at how you naturally trigger fascination in others. This is something that has become extremely important to me due to recent events(some of you know why). So it seems quite independent of MBTI and enneagram, which are are extremely focused on internal processes. There are many, many systems for analyzing people, and they don't all map onto each other (no matter how much Ti might want to unify things).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG0WiP5ux1Q

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx

Yeah I thought doubles might be people with personality disorders (like double anarchy sounds like anti social personality disorder) but even average people have stress or bad periods of life.

Drama llama of course would be me because of Passion.

á´…eparted

passages

Yep control freak was me when I was younger. It still comes up from time to time.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Deadbolt under stress rings true for me and is a particular blind spot. It took me many years to understand how I could still be acting like a bitch to others when all channels of connection with them have been shut down (exaaaaactly...).

:yes:

sostenuto

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
YOU ARE THE BULLSEYE. YOU SYSTEMATICALLY PRODUCE SOLUTIONS TO COMPLEX PROBLEMS, BUT ARE RESISTANT TO SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE.

You have exceptional attention to detail.
You rarely share your thought process or motives.
You analyze data and collect facts before acting, to ensure a higher-quality result.
You are competitive by nature and rarely come out behind.
You keep your emotions and feelings private, only sharing with a select few.

Sounds pretty accurate, actually.

Aleria

YOU ARE THE SECRET WEAPON. YOU SYSTEMATICALLY PRODUCE CLEVER SOLUTIONS TO COMPLEX PROBLEMS, BUT ARE SLOW TO SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE.

You prefer working independently.
You are innovative and solve problems unconventionally.
You remain calm in times of pressure, yet always pursue solutions.
You embrace new challenges that serve your goals.
You keep your emotions and feelings restrained but have a complex and rapid internal dialogue.

My dormant trigger is Prestige

-----------

Very accurate, I like it.

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It's interesting...had my so do the test the other day, confirming what I already knew:

He had my secondary as his primary ( Mystique - perhaps I even learned it from him) and his secondary was Power, which I totally suck at and find completely fascinating. Meanwhile his dormant trigger is Passion - my primary and my dormant is trust, which he is reasonable at. He's no good at rebellion, but I know he really likes goofy, out of the box ideas (and I scored equally on Rebellion and Mystique)

As I looked over the other triggers, I found that aside from my dormant, I am indeed very much fascinated by the triggers I myself don't use that much, with the exception pf Mystique which we share.

:thinking: Would there be some kind of 'familiar ground'+'complementary ground' thing in that?

yeghor

venn-bullseye.png

pri-trigger-mystique.png

sec-trigger-alarm.png

dor-trigger-passion.png

á´…eparted

passages
Perhaps this is obvious to many (it seems like it's obvious to [MENTION=6877]Marmotini[/MENTION] at least), but this is specifically aimed at looking at how you naturally trigger fascination in others. This is something that has become extremely important to me due to recent events(some of you know why). So it seems quite independent of MBTI and enneagram, which are are extremely focused on internal processes. There are many, many systems for analyzing people, and they don't all map onto each other (no matter how much Ti might want to unify things).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG0WiP5ux1Q

This was a good talk, I enjoyed it.

I was thinking about it and beforehand, wondering if my fascination type (The Watchdog, Power > Alarm) is just what I see myself as, but not actually what I do. However, when she went to explain that everyone does use all seven, of them, and it's what we are most convincing and effective at getting people to listen and grab their attention, this is definitely when I do it best, so it solidifies it pretty clearly for me. That makes sense.

What I would like to see too with this, is when these fascination types are ineffective. Reason being is when individuals use mystique (which incidentally is my dormant) I am turned off and repelled. It doesn't fascinate me, most of the time it annoys me. I have a similar response to rebellion in some folks.

Comeback Girl

Ratchet Ass Moon Fairy
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
YOU ARE THE CATALYST. YOUR ENTHUSIASM AND CREATIVITY BRING PEOPLE AND IDEAS TOGETHER FOR THE PURPOSE OF INNOVATION.

Buoyant and social, you embrace new situations and relationships with zeal.
No matter what your job title, you have an entrepreneurial spirit. You feel crushed by the constraints of a traditional, bureaucratic work environment.
Your energy and experimental approach generate a great deal of curiosity.
You resist the pull of inertia, instead changing direction or challenging the status quo when possible.

6% of the people who took the Fascination Advantage test use the same primary and secondary trigger combination as you. {PASSION + REBELLION}

My dormant trigger was Prestige.

Dr Mobius

Biting Shards
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I came out as the Architect; Prestige, Mystique, and Passion as a dormant trigger. Most of it was quite good, but the detail oriented part was off the mark

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I liked this, thanks. Accurate for me, I think.

my-archetype-secretweapon.png

pri-trigger-mystique.png

sec-trigger-rebellion.png

dor-trigger-trust.png

venn-secretweapon.png

YOU ARE THE SECRET WEAPON.
YOU SYSTEMATICALLY PRODUCE CLEVER SOLUTIONS TO COMPLEX PROBLEMS, BUT ARE SLOW TO SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE.
You prefer working independently.
You are innovative and solve problems unconventionally.
You remain calm in times of pressure, yet always pursue solutions.
You embrace new challenges that serve your goals.
You keep your emotions and feelings restrained but have a complex and rapid internal dialogue.

---------

EDIT:

There appear to be dichotomies here....such as mystique vs passionate or trust vs rebellion. That's odd for me since passionate was a close 3rd to mystique & rebellion for me (which were technically tied). With trust being my weak point, if we were to use the MBTI/Jungian model for the ego, then I'd more properly be
rebellion - dom
mystique - aux
passion - tert
trust - inferior

However, I do think the test is accurate in giving me mystique first.

Does anyone see this pattern in their results?

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There appear to be dichotomies here....such as mystique vs passionate or trust vs rebellion. That's odd for me since passionate was a close 3rd to mystique & rebellion for me (which were technically tied). With trust being my weak point, if we were to use the MBTI/Jungian model for the ego, then I'd more properly be
rebellion - dom
mystique - aux
passion - tert
trust - inferior

Where does it show it was a close third?

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
EDIT:

rebellion - dom
mystique - aux
passion - tert
trust - inferior

Yup. I found it very interesting to score Passion and Mystique as my 'dom' and 'aux', as they do appear to be dichotomies, but...you know, it does explain the I/E issue I've always had. I scored just as much on Rebellion as I did on Mystique though and like yourself I have Trust as my dormant. So:

Passion (20%)- dom
Mystique (17%)- aux or tert
Rebellion (17%) - aux or tert
Trust (9%) - inferior

What about the other triggers? I scored Prestige (13%) as my 4th trigger, then followed by Power (11%) = Alarm.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Where does it show it was a close third?

There's a pie chart with percentages under the analytics tab of your report.

Yup. I found it very interesting to score Passion and Mystique as my 'dom' and 'aux', as they do appear to be dichotomies, but...you know, it does explain the I/E issue I've always had. I scored just as much on Rebellion as I did on Mystique though and like yourself I have Trust as my dormant. So:

Passion- dom
Mystique- aux or tert
Rebellion - aux or tert
Trust - inferior

What about the other triggers? I scored Prestige as my 4th trigger, then followed by Power = Alarm.

I got
mystique - 20%
rebellion - 20%
passion - 18%
prestige - 13%
power - 11%
alarm - 11%
trust - 7%

So quite similar.

I haven't noted the egram types of everyone, but I imagine many 4s & 5s scored as The Secret Weapon, and there is an overrepresentation of us on this site... Even if not that type, being high on both passion & mystique is pretty 4ish.

Anyhow, I always see overlaps in these theories.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
There's a pie chart with percentages under the analytics tab of your report.

Ah thanks.

• Mystique 18%
  • Rebellion 18%
  • Prestige 15%
  • Passion 14%
  • Alarm 14%
  • Power 12%
  • Trust 10%

edit: Funny how you add up those percentages and you get 101%. So somewhere it is a bit off, or not as accurately represented.
Where as [MENTION=6561]OrangeAppled[/MENTION]'s percentages adds up to 89% :huh: