• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Howtofascinate Archetypes

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
venn-wiseowl.png

Same result. This is the one.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
On what basis would you suggest that, PB?

Look at how it scores.
It ranks the seven categories.
Each category only appears once in the ranking.
The caregories do not compete against each other.
I'm curious as to how anyone could get a "power - power" combo, the way the scores are presented.

Also, a "power - power" combination (or anything doubled) would, based on the description, simply be a "power" description (or whatever). The secondary is meant to differentiate the primary. If the secondary and primary are the same, it would just be an undifferentiated Primary -- hence, read the primary description and there you go.

I looked at the chart and there are 49 archetypes. On the howtofascinate.com website, it says there are 49 archetypes.
But yes, semantically I agree then it's just an undifferentiated primary, but that still apparently is an archetype in and of itself that you can score as. I assume it's if you score particularly high in one region? Buuut, I don't really know. Programatically, I did tinker with the test and got a single result (not a double result, just one line) with a trigger, but unfortunately I didn't save that pdf file.

chart.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Programatically, I did tinker with the test and got a single result (not a double result, just one line) with a trigger, but unfortunately I didn't save that pdf file.

Bummer! I would have loved to see that, for comparison. I'm always interested in how they score this stuff. The test also apparently normalizes the scores.

Oh well.

EDIT: I wrote to them and asked. I'll let people know the response.

Last edited:

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
I loved your result! For a change, what could loosely correlate with STJ results is dynamically well-written! And I enjoyed how my husband's was written up too.
Yeah, I really liked both of ours. What's your husband's Enneatype again? 6?
(My results seem very flakey in comparison!)
One man's flake is another man's free spirit? :)

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

I think [MENTION=5159]Lexicon[/MENTION] and I are the only INFJs who got Secret Weapon.

:thinking:

Abbey

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"The Provocateur"
- Innovative
- Witty
- Unconventional
Primary Trigger: Rebellion
Secondary Trigger: Mystique
Dormant Trigger: Prestige

I don't see it... maybe I don't know myself very well

Actually I watched the video and totally see it

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
attachment.php

PRIMARY PERSONALITY DESCRIPTORS:
Intrigues others with understatement
Communicates selectively and purposefully, with a minimalist approach
Rarely shows inner emotions
Remains calm in situations of pressure
Works independently without disclosing insider process
Your subtle style makes every detail more influential.

WHO YOU ARE:
Understated
Complex
Rational
Reserved
Deliberate

HOW YOU ADD VALUE:
You persuade others by selectively culling your words and actions.
You make careful decisions, usually thinking before acting.
When you do share an idea or opinion, it carries more influence than it would for those who tend to "over-share."

EXAMPLES OF LEADERS WHO USE MYSTIQUE:
Steph Hawking, Confucius, J.D. Salinger, Malcolm Gladwell, Sergey Brin, Tina Fey, Bobby Fisher

The Vieled Strength.jpg

Last edited:

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Lol so many of these are in all caps.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It's copied and pasted.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
"The Provocateur"
- Innovative
- Witty
- Unconventional
Primary Trigger: Rebellion
Secondary Trigger: Mystique
Dormant Trigger: Prestige

I don't see it... maybe I don't know myself very well
Actually I watched the video and totally see it

I actually had the same response when I first got the Provocateur -- then I read the entire description and watched the video, and I was like, "Oh. Yeah. Okay."

I used to be more veiled, too, when younger, but I find I more overtly like to shake people up a bit nowadays. I want to jolt them to get them engaged + see how they respond.

Redbone

Orisha
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I actually had the same response when I first got the Provocateur -- then I read the entire description and watched the video, and I was like, "Oh. Yeah. Okay."

I used to be more veiled, too, when younger, but I find I more overtly like to shake people up a bit nowadays. I want to jolt them to get them engaged + see how they respond.

So it is worth it to watch the video. I just skipped it. I'll go back and watch it.

The label bugged me. Okay maybe it bugged me because it fit. :unsure:

There's only four of us so far that got this. I wonder why.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So it is worth it to watch the video. I just skipped it. I'll go back and watch it.

The label bugged me. Okay maybe it bugged me because it fit. :unsure:

There's only four of us so far that got this. I wonder why.

Because we are special snowflakes.

individualitydemotivator.jpg

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
There Are Actually Only 42 Score-able Types (official)

Marm suggested I write to the folks at the site to get an answer to my question, so I did.

Within less than 24 hours, they sent me a delightful reply -- I thought it was really nice of them to directly explain everything to me, and it means they're willing to talk about their type theory if you have questions.

Here is what they had to say about the 7 "double" types (e.g., "power-power").

First, thank you for your question. You are a very astute observer, and you stumbled onto the truth yourself - our Assessment does not allow for someone to score as having the same primary and secondary triggers. Your primary trigger and secondary trigger are indeed the two triggers at which you score the highest on your Assessment.

Those other 7 archetypes - the ones you can't technically score as - are what we call "Double Troubles", and I can tell you all about them. A double trouble is something that can happen to any of us when you slide into too heavily utilizing our primary trigger and fail to balance it with any other trigger. This usually happens when you are trying to accomplish tasks that are tapping into your dormant trigger and you feel frustrated or like you're drowning in quicksand. For example, as you know, your archetype is The Provocateur. If, say, you're pressed up tightly to a deadline and things aren't going the way you planned, you may become so stressed that your personality goes to an extreme - a Double Trouble. If that happens, for you, you likely start taking on the personality of The Anarchy, as that is the archetype that represents the doubling up of your primary Rebellion trigger. Does that make sense?

I've attached a helpful worksheet to better explain the potential pitfalls and warning signs of each Double Trouble to you. If you ever find yourself sliding into yours, it is best for you to attempt to make a conscious effort to re-balance yourself as you move forward to avoid "going off the deep end" as they say. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.

So basically what we have here is similar to the prim-tert loop in MBTI, maybe -- instead of balancing our type with a secondary, we reinforce the primary somehow and "double down" essentially when we should be flexing and looking for another way around.

I suspect they've gotten this question before, since they sent me a PDF. I'll try to upload a JPG of it later.

Anyway, there are 42 distinct "regular" types, + the 7 "double trouble" categories that define someone via their primary at a stress point.

EDIT: Note that I'm not sure if I agree with them -- I don't know if I really go all "Anarchy" on things when I'm stressed, for example -- but anyway that's their take on it.

EDIT: Here's the image.

x4417d.jpg

HowToFascinate.com Hello@HowToFascinate.com Copyright ©2014 by Sally Hogshead and Fascinate, Inc.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Marm suggested I write to the folks at the site to get an answer to my question, so I did.

Zing! Excellent detective work! I looked for the result that I thought was a single and also tried and tried again to get a single result, but didn't. I probably filled it out 20 or 30 times so obviously I was mistaken, but I can still see an image in my mind's eye so I will look again at the pdf's I saved to see what the visual trigger was that made me think I got that. I am glad you explored this, and asking the question was a great idea.

Still, why do they say there are 49 archetypes then when there are not? :thinking:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Zing! Excellent detective work! I looked for the result that I thought was a single and also tried and tried again to get a single result, but didn't. I probably filled it out 20 or 30 times so obviously I was mistaken, but I can still see an image in my mind's eye so I will look again at the pdf's I saved to see what the visual trigger was that made me think I got that. I am glad you explored this, and asking the question was a great idea.

Still, why do they say there are 49 archetypes then when there are not? :thinking:

I guess they still consider it 49 archetypes, but it's really like how I broke it down here: 42 SCOREABLE archetypes + 7 others that people can manifest at stress points. = 49 archetypes altogether.

I suspect also the chart was created first, and they formed that part of the theory around the chart -- they had all those intersections in the middle (of the double types) and thought, "how can we integrate that?"