• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Howtofascinate Archetypes

F

figsfiggyfigs

I mean, you guys do realize there are 49 types right? Not sixteen.

I think I'm the only one who got The Victor so far, so that totally makes me unique to the lot of you
shifty3.gif

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
YOU ARE THE WISE OWL. YOU CAN NAVIGATE THE MOST EFFECTIVE PATH TOWARD A GOAL WITHOUT GETTING RUFFLED OR DISTRACTED.
You remain controlled and focused—without drama or emotional fuss.
You guard the details of your thought process and goals so that you can ensure results.
Your quiet, unassuming style conveys a thoughtfulness that others sense immediately.
You build success gradually, but with the strongest foundation.

I also got this

kquirk

amateur cartographer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
venn-wiseowl.png

YOU ARE THE WISE OWL. YOU CAN NAVIGATE THE MOST EFFECTIVE PATH TOWARD A GOAL WITHOUT GETTING RUFFLED OR DISTRACTED.
You remain controlled and focused—without drama or emotional fuss.
You guard the details of your thought process and goals so that you can ensure results.
Your quiet, unassuming style conveys a thoughtfulness that others sense immediately.
You build success gradually, but with the strongest foundation.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I just don't think this is anything like MBTI. It's more like Enneagram. Like certain types might be more likely to be E4, but this doesn't mean all E4s are INFJ.

LIKEWISE, the closeness of Passion and Rebellion in Catalyst and Rock Star would not make them clearly ENFP and ESFP. If anything, it would blur lines on ExFP. I think Senza is on to something with Interaction styles.

There are some loose associations forming ... INTJ's getting "Secret Weapon", INFJ's "Subtle Touch", many FP's as "Rockstar", etc.

I am still curiously questioning what kind of system puts the following together as "Trendsetters":

Me
Johnny
Halla74
Greenfairy
Eilonwy

I'm trying to suss out some underlying thought process, feeling, nuance, characteristic we share that would thus connect us together. So far, am not feeling or seeing it.

Again, like many tests, the utility of it is only insofar as you can align with the result is delivers back to you. With 49 possible outcomes, I would expect it should fit better, be more customized, than a system with fewer "buckets".

eta: I do feel ok with "Rebellion" as the primary energy, but neither the "Trendsetter" nor "Rockstar" description captures things "right" for me ... maybe 50%? I have to twist myself to align with either. And I think too, I shy away from any system that uses a "TOTALLY ME" or "NOT ME" option ... that kind of absolute polarity makes me squeemy.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
And I think too, I shy away from any system that uses a "TOTALLY ME" or "NOT ME" option ... that kind of absolute polarity makes me squeemy.

They need to have a 'Totally Me' or 'Not Me' answer for the question: "Do totally me or not me options to personality questions make you squeemy?" ;)

L

LadyLazarus

Dammit why must we correlate everything with MBTI?!
Freaking MBTI websites I swear...we should be focusing on the real issue; figuring out how to stop global warming from melting all our faces off.

wolfy

awsm
My dormant was Alarm.

So was mine. *high five*

give them to meeeeeeeeee

Pork bones. This made me think of pork bones.

There are some loose associations forming ... INTJ's getting "Secret Weapon", INFJ's "Subtle Touch", many FP's as "Rockstar", etc.

I am still questioning what kind of system puts the following together as "Trendsetters":

Me
Johnny
Halla74
Greenfairy
Eilonwy

Oh, really? FP were rockstars? I don't see the connection either. If I take a Halla and Johnny out it is easier. Maybe they weren't paying attention. lol

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
They need to have a 'Totally Me' or 'Not Me' answer for the question: "Do totally me or not me options to personality questions make you squeemy?" ;)

TOTALLY ME! ;)

Oh, really? FP were rockstars? I don't see the connection either. If I take a Halla and Johnny out it is easier. Maybe they weren't paying attention. lol

:laugh:

Seriously though, interesting to watch for patterns as peeps post. All other trendsetters, unite! Let's blaze the path forward together!

And what I would LOVE to see are the overall percentages for each of these archetypes! Anyone have a link? Or know?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
TOTALLY ME! ;)

I knew it!

Seriously though, interesting to watch for patterns as peeps post. All other trendsetters, unite! Let's blaze the path forward together!
I enjoy looking at the patterns too. There are a few general ones, like, 'Secret Weapon' is totally linked to INxx, seems to be most common on forum, 'Subtle Touch' seems to be INFx, and yeah, 'Rockstar' to FP; a few others.

Was it Marm who thought there might be more ties to enneagram? Think I prob agree with that, vs. mbti.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Was it Marm who thought there might be more ties to enneagram? Think I prob agree with that, vs. mbti.

*nods* I think marm mentioned it, yes. Yet, using myself as example: e9 = Trendsetter? Maybe social dominance? And Halla is e7, Eilonwy identifes with e4 etc. Seems all over the map. Have to check our instincts and see. And watch some more ... :ninja:

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Oh, I don't know if anyone else mentioned it, but where do people get "49 types" from?

Yes, the chart shows a 7x7 grid with 49 boxes, but you can't really GET the same secondary and primary, based on how the test is scored. (So no "Alarm - Alarm" types, in terms of the test output.) The test only seems to generate 42 combinations.

Or did I miss something?

PS. I thought my Dormant Trigger was right on -- "Power" was mine, and the descriptions of someone with Power in that dormant position described me perfectly.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
My result (Blue Chip*) almost seemed like an introverted result, even though it was accurate. Which I guess makes sense for an enneagram type (1) that is more prevalent among introverts than extroverts.

*Only one so far! Who's the special snowflake now?? Huh???

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
My result (Blue Chip*) almost seemed like an introverted result, even though it was accurate. Which I guess makes sense for an enneagram type (1) that is more prevalent among introverts than extroverts.

:unicorn:

step aside all you e4s and INFJs. there's a new snowflake in town. :cool:

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Haha...I'm waiting for more Intrigues

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
Oh, I don't know if anyone else mentioned it, but where do people get "49 types" from?

Yes, the chart shows a 7x7 grid with 49 boxes, but you can't really GET the same secondary and primary, based on how the test is scored. (So no "Alarm - Alarm" types, in terms of the test output.) The test only seems to generate 42 combinations.

Or did I miss something?

PS. I thought my Dormant Trigger was right on -- "Power" was mine, and the descriptions of someone with Power in that dormant position described me perfectly.

I think you can get two together "Power - Power" etc. No one here has yet though. :ninja: keeps watching.

I liked my trigger too. There certainly was stuff in the report that hit the mark, but for me anyway, almost as much missed. But it certainly gave me some interesting stuff to ponder on!

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A

I loved your result! For a change, what could loosely correlate with STJ results is dynamically well-written! And I enjoyed how my husband's was written up too. (My results seem very flakey in comparison!)

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I thoroughly enjoyed this test, it provides in-depth explanations for each of the 49 different archetypes.

For the access code, put Book2014, and you can be like me and fill in the information boxes with random places/names.

My Results:

Dude, this test is AWESOME! Thank you for this, I love it! It basically confirms what I've been thinking about the last few months. "What do I bring to others?"

venn-ringleader.png

I got "The Ringleader" which is power then passion and my worst trait is trust, lol. So I start things and am very colorful and can get everyone excited for a new endeavor, and then once its started I don't feel like following through anymore, lol.

My question is: other than being a broke as fuck entrepreneur, what good am I?

Attachments

• Ringleader.jpg
    Ringleader.jpg
    17.3 KB · Views: 23

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I think you can get two together "Power - Power" etc. No one here has yet though. :ninja: keeps watching.

On what basis would you suggest that, PB?

Look at how it scores.
It ranks the seven categories.
Each category only appears once in the ranking.
The caregories do not compete against each other.
I'm curious as to how anyone could get a "power - power" combo, the way the scores are presented.

Also, a "power - power" combination (or anything doubled) would, based on the description, simply be a "power" description (or whatever). The secondary is meant to differentiate the primary. If the secondary and primary are the same, it would just be an undifferentiated Primary -- hence, read the primary description and there you go.

Azure Flame

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
8w7
I wonder if we are all the double of our primary trigger?