• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Howtofascinate Archetypes

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
i'm surprised more ENFPs aren't getting The Catalyst. when i read it i was thinking it was so very ENFP.

The description of Catalyst says clearly in touch with the five senses. Also 6 percent of people are Catalysts but only 4 percent Rockstar (I pay attention to detail)...I would not be so quick to try to matchy match with MBTI types.

The description of Catalyst says clearly in touch with the five senses. Also 6 percent of people are Catalysts but only 4 percent Rockstar (I pay attention to detail)...I would not be so quick to try to matchy match with MBTI types.

They actually correlate passion with not only emotional connection but also connecting with the senses and being sensitive to atmosphere. So it's a kind of mix of Feeling and Sensing that way.

W

WALMART

If The Catalyst is anything like it sounds, The Catalyst and Ne-dom can be readily interchangable.

Moreso than The Catalyst and an Si dom, at any rate.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
If The Catalyst is anything like it sounds, The Catalyst and Ne-dom can be readily interchangable.

Moreso than The Catalyst and an Si dom, at any rate.

Both Catalyst and Rockstar says in tune with the five senses. Se =/= Si.

They could both be variations on ExFP bc of simply being passionate and rebellious in reverse preferences.

My dormant was Alarm.

I don't assume anything is interchangeable until acquiring further information, and I am already skeptical since both emphasized five senses and Ne dom rejects Si.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
They actually correlate passion with not only emotional connection but also connecting with the senses and being sensitive to atmosphere. So it's a kind of mix of Feeling and Sensing that way.

Makes sense.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
That's a really interesting test and worthwhile results

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I mean, you guys do realize there are 49 types right? Not sixteen.

W

WALMART

Both Catalyst and Rockstar says tune with the five senses. Se =/= Si.

They could both be variations on ExFP bc of simply being passionate and rebellious in reverse preferences.

My dormant was Alarm.

I don't assume anything is interchangeable until acquiring further information, and I am already skeptical since both emphasized five senses and Ne dom rejects Si.

I don't think an Ne type is absolved of ties to sense. In fact, Jung predicted (ironically) an Ne type is moreso primed towards sensory and sense type objects.

The title "Catalyst" is given to evoke a set of concepts, and for me that set of concepts I correlate with what I know of Ne.

Catalyst sounds like the Get Things Going interaction style. I mean, I'm sure more than one of these categories also correlates with that style but this seems like the most obvious choice as that's literally what a catalyst does.

W

WALMART

Catalyst sounds like the Get Things Going interaction style. I mean, I'm sure more than one of these categories also correlates with that style but this seems like the most obvious choice as that's literally what a catalyst does.

Aye. The Architect, my score, also pinged the "Ne" section of my understanding (I don't know interaction styles, you should talk about it sometime).

"If well-intentioned, with an orientation to life not purely egoistical, he may render exceptional service as the promoter, if not the initiator of every kind of promising enterprise. He is the natural advocate of every minority that holds the seed of future promise. Because of his capacity, when orientated more towards men than things, to make an intuitive diagnosis of their abilities and range of usefulness, he can also 'make' men. His capacity to inspire his fellow-men with courage, or to kindle enthusiasm for something new, is unrivalled, although he may have forsworn it by the morrow. The more powerful and vivid his intuition, the more is his subject fused and blended with the divined possibility. He animates it; he presents it in plastic shape and with convincing fire; he almost embodies it. It is not a mere histrionic display, but a fate."

For interested parties.

skylights

i love
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
I got Passion (19%) and Prestige (16%). Mystique was third with 15% , Alarm dormant at 11%.

THE TALENT
EXPRESSIVE - STYLISH - EMOTIONALLY INTELLIGENT

YOU ARE THE TALENT. A ROLE MODEL FOR PEERS AND CUSTOMERS, YOU SET THE BAR HIGH, AND ENCOURAGE OTHERS TO WORK TO RAISE IT.

You have a high “emotional intelligence.” You quickly ascertain what someone needs from you in order to buy in to your ideas.
You excel in relationships with others, including employees, clients, friends and family.
Whereas others may become lazy or complacent with their place in life, you seek out new goals and challenges.
You constantly seek ways to improve, gain new experiences and expand your sphere of knowledge.

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I don't think an Ne type is absolved of ties to sense. In fact, Jung predicted (ironically) an Ne type is moreso primed towards sensory and sense type objects.

The title "Catalyst" is given to evoke a set of concepts, and for me that set of concepts I correlate with what I know of Ne.

There are 49 archetypes. 49. None are interchangeable exactly with Ne or ENFP. If anything, Passion as a primary motive sounds like Feeling dominant and Rebellious possibly Pe in general.

For example, Amar had passion and mystique.. could she still be a variable on ENFP. Yes. I am also guessing I scored higher on Prestige than some Catalysts...other Catalysts may have scored higher on Trust.

If we look at this as an entirely new system with some loose variables that is probably better.

Aye. The Architect, my score, also pinged the "Ne" section of my understanding (I don't know interaction styles, you should talk about it sometime).

"If well-intentioned, with an orientation to life not purely egoistical, he may render exceptional service as the promoter, if not the initiator of every kind of promising enterprise. He is the natural advocate of every minority that holds the seed of future promise. Because of his capacity, when orientated more towards men than things, to make an intuitive diagnosis of their abilities and range of usefulness, he can also 'make' men. His capacity to inspire his fellow-men with courage, or to kindle enthusiasm for something new, is unrivalled, although he may have forsworn it by the morrow. The more powerful and vivid his intuition, the more is his subject fused and blended with the divined possibility. He animates it; he presents it in plastic shape and with convincing fire; he almost embodies it. It is not a mere histrionic display, but a fate."

For interested parties.

Linda Berens has theorized four different interaction styles:

1. In Charge (ENFJ, ENTJ, ESTJ, ESTP)

"The theme is getting things accomplished through people. People of this style are focused on results, often taking action quickly. They often have a driving energy with an intention to lead a group to the goal. They make decisions quickly to keep themselves and others on task, on target, and on time. They hate wasting time and having to back track. Mentoring, executing actions, supervising, and mobilizing resources are all ways they get things accomplished. They notice right away what is not working in a situation and become painfully aware of what needs to be fixed, healed, or corrected."

2. Get Things Going (ENFP, ENTP, ESFP, ESFJ)

"The theme is persuading and involving others. They thrive in facilitator or catalyst roles and aim to inspire others to move to action, facilitating the process. Their focus is on interaction, often with an expressive style. They Get-Things-Goingâ„¢ with upbeat energy, enthusiasm, or excitement, which can be contagious. Exploring options and possibilities, making preparations, discovering new ideas, and sharing insights are all ways they get people moving along. They want decisions to be participative and enthusiastic, with everyone involved and engaged."

3. Chart the Course (INTJ, INFJ, ISTJ, ISTP)

"The theme is having a course of action to follow. People of this stylefocus on knowing what to do and keeping themselves, the group, or the project on track. They prefer to enter a situation having an idea of what is to happen. They identify a process to accomplish a goal and have a somewhat contained tension as they work to create and monitor a plan. The aim is not the plan itself, but to use it as a guide to move things along toward the goal. Their informed and deliberate decisions are based on analyzing, outlining, conceptualizing or foreseeing what needs to be done."

4. Behind the scenes (INFP, ISFP, INTP, ISFJ).

"The theme is getting the best result possible. People of this style focus on understanding and working with the process to create a positive outcome. They see value in many contributions and consult outside inputs to make an informed decision. They aim to integrate various information sources and accommodate differing points of view. They approach others with a quiet, calm style that may not show their strong convictions. Producing, sustaining, defining, and clarifying are all ways they support a group's process. They typically have more patience than most with the time it takes to gain support through consensus for a project or to refine the result."

Source.

W

WALMART

There are 49 archetypes. 49. None are interchangeable exactly with Ne or ENFP. If anything, Passion as a primary motive sounds like Feeling dominant and Rebellious possibly Pe in general.

For example, Amar had passion and mystique.. could she still be a variable on ENFP. Yes. I am also guessing I scored higher on Prestige than some Catalysts...other Catalysts may have scored higher on Trust.

If we look at this as an entirely new system with some loose variables that is probably better.

Relative to whom?

Though I understand, forty-nine minus sixteen does not equal zero. What do we do with the leftovers?!

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
Relative to whom?

Though I understand, forty-nine minus sixteen does not equal zero. What do we do with the leftovers?!

I just don't think this is anything like MBTI. It's more like Enneagram. Like certain types might be more likely to be E4, but this doesn't mean all E4s are INFJ.

LIKEWISE, the closeness of Passion and Rebellion in Catalyst and Rock Star would not make them clearly ENFP and ESFP. If anything, it would blur lines on ExFP. I think Senza is on to something with Interaction styles.

W

WALMART

give them to meeeeeeeeee

They're the kind that get dry and card-board tasting after you reheat them, not like enchiladas or lasagna. Let's just get take-out.

I just don't think this is anything like MBTI. It's more like Enneagram. Like certain types might be more likely to be E4, but this doesn't mean all E4s are INFJ.

LIKEWISE, the closeness of Passion and Rebellion in Catalyst and Rock Star would not make them clearly ENFP and ESFP. If anything, it would blur lines on ExFP. I think Senza is on to something with Interaction styles.

I think, from a philosophical standpoint, the entirety of mental existence is smeared across the four Jungian platitudes (though Jung was not the first to theorize this).

So it is hard for me, knowing what I do, to simply absolve any type system from these aforementioned categorizations. Almost anything I can ever discover relative to personality type systems will be divisible by sense, thought, feeling, and intuition. Yaw mean?

Thalassa

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sx
I did further reading and Passion sounds like ExFx. Either Fe dom or ExFP. Connecting with people emotionally. So Passionate people could range from ENFP to ESFJ.

Rebellion sounds like it could be ANY ExxP depending on the second variable. Rebellion just equals change or new ways of doing things Pe dom.

Why wouldn't Advocate be the perfect ENFP rather than the Catalyst, for example. Or how is the Intrigue any less of an ENFP, just the more reticent type. Why isn't Artisan the perfect ESFP?

My rating of Prestige suggests I may be more forceful or detail oriented than some Catalysts. Does this suggest Se Te? Would a higher score on Trust lean more toward a "soft" ExFP?

I also want to know why so many Rock Stars and Catalysts on the forum, as opposed to Advocates or Artisans. Do we have a funny bunch here? What does this say about us, as opposed to what it says about how the test might vaguely correlate to MBTI.

Starry

Marm, you might have the description handy (whereas I don't at the moment...) but when I looked at the 'famous Catalysts' part I'm pretty sure I saw ESFJ, ESFP, ENFJ and ENFP all represented.

I also want to know why so many Rock Stars and Catalysts on the forum, as opposed to Advocates or Artisans. Do we have a funny bunch here? What does this say about us, as opposed to what it says about how the test might vaguely correlate to MBTI.

^^totally wondered this as well and the only thing I could imagine as a possibility was 'higher levels of recognized or subconscious inner turmoil.'