Slytherpuff
    s|L|OAx
    Meow.

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    173 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Marm suggested I write to the folks at the site to get an answer to my question, so I did.

Within less than 24 hours, they sent me a delightful reply -- I thought it was really nice of them to directly explain everything to me, and it means they're willing to talk about their type theory if you have questions.

Here is what they had to say about the 7 "double" types (e.g., "power-power").

So basically what we have here is similar to the prim-tert loop in MBTI, maybe -- instead of balancing our type with a secondary, we reinforce the primary somehow and "double down" essentially when we should be flexing and looking for another way around.

I suspect they've gotten this question before, since they sent me a PDF. I'll try to upload a JPG of it later.

Anyway, there are 42 distinct "regular" types, + the 7 "double trouble" categories that define someone via their primary at a stress point.

EDIT: Note that I'm not sure if I agree with them -- I don't know if I really go all "Anarchy" on things when I'm stressed, for example -- but anyway that's their take on it.

EDIT: Here's the image.

(chart)
    Jeez -- pure Prestige sounds like me in middle school.

Maybe these apply better to what we'd usually describe as "unhealthy" people of each type.
    ~ g e t f e s t i v e ! ~

EJCC: "The Big Questions in my life right now: 1) What am I willing to live with? 2) What do I have to live with? 3) What can I change for the better?"
    Coriolis: "Is that the ESTJ Serenity Prayer?"

ESTJ - LSE - ESTj (mbti/socionics)
    1w2/7w6/3w4 so/sx (enneagram)
    want to ask me something? go for it!

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post

Maybe these apply better to what we'd usually describe as "unhealthy" people of each type.
    Pure passion for me, in high school
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”

Perhaps this is obvious to many (it seems like it's obvious to @Marmotini at least), but this is specifically aimed at looking at how you naturally trigger fascination in others. This is something that has become extremely important to me due to recent events(some of you know why). So it seems quite independent of MBTI and enneagram, which are are extremely focused on internal processes. There are many, many systems for analyzing people, and they don't all map onto each other (no matter how much Ti might want to unify things).

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=nG0WiP5ux1Q

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Yeah I thought doubles might be people with personality disorders (like double anarchy sounds like anti social personality disorder) but even average people have stress or bad periods of life.

Drama llama of course would be me because of Passion.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Yep control freak was me when I was younger. It still comes up from time to time.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

The Deadbolt under stress rings true for me and is a particular blind spot. It took me many years to understand how I could still be acting like a bitch to others when all channels of connection with them have been shut down (exaaaaactly...).

4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp
    Socionics
    INTj

YOU ARE THE BULLSEYE. YOU SYSTEMATICALLY PRODUCE SOLUTIONS TO COMPLEX PROBLEMS, BUT ARE RESISTANT TO SHARING YOUR KNOWLEDGE.

You have exceptional attention to detail.
    You rarely share your thought process or motives.
    You analyze data and collect facts before acting, to ensure a higher-quality result.
    You are competitive by nature and rarely come out behind.
    You keep your emotions and feelings private, only sharing with a select few.

Sounds pretty accurate, actually.
    Music creates order out of chaos: for rhythm imposes unanimity upon the divergent, melody imposes continuity upon the disjointed, and harmony imposes compatibility upon the incongruous. - Yehudi Menuhin

YOU ARE THE SECRET WEAPON. YOU SYSTEMATICALLY PRODUCE CLEVER SOLUTIONS TO COMPLEX PROBLEMS, BUT ARE SLOW TO SHARE YOUR KNOWLEDGE.

You prefer working independently.
    You are innovative and solve problems unconventionally.
    You remain calm in times of pressure, yet always pursue solutions.
    You embrace new challenges that serve your goals.
    You keep your emotions and feelings restrained but have a complex and rapid internal dialogue.

My dormant trigger is Prestige

-----------

Very accurate, I like it.

MBTI
    Enfp
    Enneagram
    497 sx/so
    Socionics
    IEE Fi

It's interesting...had my so do the test the other day, confirming what I already knew:

He had my secondary as his primary ( Mystique - perhaps I even learned it from him) and his secondary was Power, which I totally suck at and find completely fascinating. Meanwhile his dormant trigger is Passion - my primary and my dormant is trust, which he is reasonable at. He's no good at rebellion, but I know he really likes goofy, out of the box ideas (and I scored equally on Rebellion and Mystique)

As I looked over the other triggers, I found that aside from my dormant, I am indeed very much fascinated by the triggers I myself don't use that much, with the exception pf Mystique which we share.

Would there be some kind of 'familiar ground'+'complementary ground' thing in that?
    ★ڿڰۣ✿ℒoѵℯ✿ڿڰۣ★

"Harm none, do as ye will”