failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    Pork bones. This made me think of pork bones.
    Not ribs?

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Not ribs?
    No. Pork bones.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Quote Originally Posted by wolfy View Post
    No. Pork bones.
    Same like pork chops?

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Same like pork chops?
    No. It is a big huge bone you can nibble at.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Abbey View Post
    "The Provocateur"
    - Innovative
    - Witty
    - Unconventional
    Primary Trigger: Rebellion
    Secondary Trigger: Mystique
    Dormant Trigger: Prestige

I don't see it... maybe I don't know myself very well
    Actually I watched the video and totally see it
    I actually had the same response when I first got the Provocateur -- then I read the entire description and watched the video, and I was like, "Oh. Yeah. Okay."

I used to be more veiled, too, when younger, but I find I more overtly like to shake people up a bit nowadays. I want to jolt them to get them engaged + see how they respond.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

As Long As It Takes.... Redbone's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    I actually had the same response when I first got the Provocateur -- then I read the entire description and watched the video, and I was like, "Oh. Yeah. Okay."

I used to be more veiled, too, when younger, but I find I more overtly like to shake people up a bit nowadays. I want to jolt them to get them engaged + see how they respond.
    So it is worth it to watch the video. I just skipped it. I'll go back and watch it.

The label bugged me. Okay maybe it bugged me because it fit.

There's only four of us so far that got this. I wonder why.

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by Redbone View Post
    So it is worth it to watch the video. I just skipped it. I'll go back and watch it.

The label bugged me. Okay maybe it bugged me because it fit.

There's only four of us so far that got this. I wonder why.
    Because we are special snowflakes.

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Default There Are Actually Only 42 Score-able Types (official)

Marm suggested I write to the folks at the site to get an answer to my question, so I did.

Within less than 24 hours, they sent me a delightful reply -- I thought it was really nice of them to directly explain everything to me, and it means they're willing to talk about their type theory if you have questions.

Here is what they had to say about the 7 "double" types (e.g., "power-power").

First, thank you for your question. You are a very astute observer, and you stumbled onto the truth yourself - our Assessment does not allow for someone to score as having the same primary and secondary triggers. Your primary trigger and secondary trigger are indeed the two triggers at which you score the highest on your Assessment.

Those other 7 archetypes - the ones you can't technically score as - are what we call "Double Troubles", and I can tell you all about them. A double trouble is something that can happen to any of us when you slide into too heavily utilizing our primary trigger and fail to balance it with any other trigger. This usually happens when you are trying to accomplish tasks that are tapping into your dormant trigger and you feel frustrated or like you're drowning in quicksand. For example, as you know, your archetype is The Provocateur. If, say, you're pressed up tightly to a deadline and things aren't going the way you planned, you may become so stressed that your personality goes to an extreme - a Double Trouble. If that happens, for you, you likely start taking on the personality of The Anarchy, as that is the archetype that represents the doubling up of your primary Rebellion trigger. Does that make sense?

I've attached a helpful worksheet to better explain the potential pitfalls and warning signs of each Double Trouble to you. If you ever find yourself sliding into yours, it is best for you to attempt to make a conscious effort to re-balance yourself as you move forward to avoid "going off the deep end" as they say. I hope this helps. Let me know if you have any other questions.
    So basically what we have here is similar to the prim-tert loop in MBTI, maybe -- instead of balancing our type with a secondary, we reinforce the primary somehow and "double down" essentially when we should be flexing and looking for another way around.

I suspect they've gotten this question before, since they sent me a PDF. I'll try to upload a JPG of it later.

Anyway, there are 42 distinct "regular" types, + the 7 "double trouble" categories that define someone via their primary at a stress point.

EDIT: Note that I'm not sure if I agree with them -- I don't know if I really go all "Anarchy" on things when I'm stressed, for example -- but anyway that's their take on it.

EDIT: Here's the image.

HowToFascinate.com Hello@HowToFascinate.com Copyright ©2014 by Sally Hogshead and Fascinate, Inc.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Jennifer View Post
    Marm suggested I write to the folks at the site to get an answer to my question, so I did.
    Zing! Excellent detective work! I looked for the result that I thought was a single and also tried and tried again to get a single result, but didn't. I probably filled it out 20 or 30 times so obviously I was mistaken, but I can still see an image in my mind's eye so I will look again at the pdf's I saved to see what the visual trigger was that made me think I got that. I am glad you explored this, and asking the question was a great idea.

Still, why do they say there are 49 archetypes then when there are not?
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Zing! Excellent detective work! I looked for the result that I thought was a single and also tried and tried again to get a single result, but didn't. I probably filled it out 20 or 30 times so obviously I was mistaken, but I can still see an image in my mind's eye so I will look again at the pdf's I saved to see what the visual trigger was that made me think I got that. I am glad you explored this, and asking the question was a great idea.

Still, why do they say there are 49 archetypes then when there are not?
    I guess they still consider it 49 archetypes, but it's really like how I broke it down here: 42 SCOREABLE archetypes + 7 others that people can manifest at stress points. = 49 archetypes altogether.

I suspect also the chart was created first, and they formed that part of the theory around the chart -- they had all those intersections in the middle (of the double types) and thought, "how can we integrate that?"