User Tag List

First 23456 Last

Thread: Narcissism Test

Your score is 20, out of 40.
    I scored the highest on superiority entitlement
    I know all of you that have low scores, just lied

Quote Originally Posted by garbage View Post
    Your score is 27, out of 40. Higher scores indicate greater levels of narcissism.

Your score was higher than 90.7% of the sample. The people who have found this online test are probably not that representative of the general population though, so the averages from a few other groups are tabled below.

Laffo
    I don't think it is that. The distribution in the graph (I am quoting @chubber) looks log-normal instead of a normal distribution. So I believe intuitions can be thrown off (like with average income vs. median income where a few rich folks really skew the average). The mean(average) is quite a bit higher than the median(50th-%ile) which is higher than the mode(the peak).

The mean may be around 15 to 17 (just like from the other populations), but the median (as evidenced by @Noll 's post) is around 12. Looking at the graph, I would say the mode looks to be around 8.

Also, the graph seems to indicate you are about as likely to get a score of 1 as you are a score of 30, and about as likely to get a score of 3 as you are a 16. (Perhaps your ability line things up is better than mine, but that's what I read.)

Quote Originally Posted by chubber View Post
    Below is a graph of how other people have scored on this test.

<snip>
    Sample Score
    US University undergraduates (Raskin and Terry, 1988) 15.6
    US Adults (Pinsky and Young, 2009) 15.3
    US Celebrities (Pinsky and Young, 2009) 17.8
    Be careful that you do not take these scores as absolute norms for the specific groups though, measuring a norm is very tricky and may not even exist. For example, scores on the NPI among university students have been increasing allmost since it was first developed. Below are two figures taken from Twenge et. al. (2008) showing NPI scores for American undergraduate samples across time.

In addition to the primary score, investigation into the structure of the NPI has found that there are seven different "facets". Your scores for each are graphed below.
    Quote Originally Posted by Noll View Post
    12 out of 40. Higher than 50.3% of those that have done the test.

1. Entitlement
    2. Exploitativeness
    3. Vanity
    4. Authority
    5. Superiority
    6. Exhibitionism
    See, 50%-ile is about 12.

Quote Originally Posted by SophiaDeep View Post
    Your score is 20, out of 40.
    I scored the highest on superiority entitlement
    I don't think it was lying so much as being hung up on the wording. The things to agree with were so innocuous, and the things to disagree with seemed rather extreme.

I believe there are productive and malignant forms of narcissism. From my own experience, I believe, some of the most productive people can be the most narcissistic.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

MBTI
    yupp

actually no
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Your score is 34, out of 40. Higher scores indicate greater levels of narcissism.
    Your score was higher than 97.1% of the sample.

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post

I don't think it was lying so much as being hung up on the wording. The things to agree with were so innocuous, and the things to disagree with seemed rather extreme.

I believe there are productive and malignant forms of narcissism. From my own experience, I believe, some of the most productive people can be the most narcissistic.
    It was a simple joke about hypocrisy of people...Sure I believe you need to have some level of self confidence to be really productive and successful, but I don't think it's directly connected with narcissism.

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    9w1
    Socionics
    INFj None

Your score is 3, out of 40. Your score was higher than 5.9% of the sample.

“There are two novels that can change a bookish fourteen-year old’s life: The Lord of the Rings and Atlas Shrugged. One is a childish fantasy that often engenders a lifelong obsession with its unbelievable heroes, leading to an emotionally stunted, socially crippled adulthood, unable to deal with the real world. The other, of course, involves orcs.”
    ~ John Rogers

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    EIE

Your score is 13, out of 40.

I scored highest in vanity and exhibitionism, which would make sense since I model.

Stansmith

3 out of 40.

It was a simple joke about hypocrisy of people...Sure I believe you need to have some level of self confidence to be really productive and successful, but I don't think it's directly connected with narcissism.
    Well, I have been thinking about people I work with/for. Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a bit much. However, I do get the feeling that some of them are productive to a large extend because of their big ego. I was thinking along the lines of The Productive Narcissist. BTW, I have only looked through the amazon preview for this book (I have no money for book buying).

But the from my thread on evil, @garbage pointed me to Baron-Cohen's work. Baron-Cohen seems to indicate that Malignant Narcissism is a form of 0 degrees of empathy without redemptive attributes. Researching things that stress me out is one of my ways of coping.

Also, I don't think people are being hypocritical. For me, many of the narcissistic statements seem fairly unusual to agree with. I am wondering if some people are just so accustoming to taking tests on this site that they feel the need to go 50/50 on choices.

Accept the past. Live for the present. Look forward to the future.
    Robot Fusion
    "As our island of knowledge grows, so does the shore of our ignorance." John Wheeler
    "[A] scientist looking at nonscientific problems is just as dumb as the next guy." Richard Feynman
    "[P]etabytes of [] data is not the same thing as understanding emergent mechanisms and structures." Jim Crutchfield

garbage

@ygolo @chubber, spot on regarding graph shape and all. I'll have more to say on it later.

What was curious to me is that this assessment includes self-sufficiency as a trait of narcissism. It could be said to be tenuously linked, maybe sorta kinda, under the most scrutinizing eyes out there--but it's not exactly as obvious a trait of narcissism as, say, vanity.