• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Narcissism Test

greenfairy

philosopher wood nymph
MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
14/40

NPIfi.php

I don't think being vain is a bad thing. I give other people the same admiration, and I think there are lots of people who are prettier than I am.

Mal12345

Permabanned
MBTI Type
IxTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Not into Narcism. I stay away from the whole drug informant thing.

Showbread

climb on
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
6/40. Highest in Authority.

L

LadyLazarus

Your score is 11, out of 40.

Your score was higher than 45.4% of the sample.

NPIfi.png

I guess I can see how a high level of self-sufficiency might be arrogant.

Noll

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
12 out of 40. Higher than 50.3% of those that have done the test.

1. Entitlement
2. Exploitativeness
3. Vanity
4. Authority
5. Superiority
6. Exhibitionism

Amargith

Hotel California
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
4dw
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
5 out of 40

1. Vanity
2. Exploitativeness
3. Superiority
4. Exhibisionism
5. Authority

Self-sufficiency and entitlement were not indicated :thinking:

Freesia

cool cat
MBTI Type
Meow
Enneagram
:0)
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Your score is 4, out of 40.

Narcissism.png

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
7/40. Max vanity, medium-high self sufficiency, low exploitativeness, nothing else registered.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Your score is 20, out of 40.
I scored the highest on superiority entitlement
I know all of you that have low scores, just lied :D

ygolo

My termites win
Your score is 27, out of 40. Higher scores indicate greater levels of narcissism.

Your score was higher than 90.7% of the sample. The people who have found this online test are probably not that representative of the general population though, so the averages from a few other groups are tabled below.

NPIfi.php

Laffo

I don't think it is that. The distribution in the graph (I am quoting [MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION]) looks log-normal instead of a normal distribution. So I believe intuitions can be thrown off (like with average income vs. median income where a few rich folks really skew the average). The mean(average) is quite a bit higher than the median(50th-%ile) which is higher than the mode(the peak).

The mean may be around 15 to 17 (just like from the other populations), but the median (as evidenced by [MENTION=20005]Noll[/MENTION] 's post) is around 12. Looking at the graph, I would say the mode looks to be around 8.

Also, the graph seems to indicate you are about as likely to get a score of 1 as you are a score of 30, and about as likely to get a score of 3 as you are a 16. (Perhaps your ability line things up is better than mine, but that's what I read.)

Below is a graph of how other people have scored on this test.
NPI.png

<snip>
SampleScore
US University undergraduates (Raskin and Terry, 1988)15.6
US Adults (Pinsky and Young, 2009)15.3
US Celebrities (Pinsky and Young, 2009)17.8
Be careful that you do not take these scores as absolute norms for the specific groups though, measuring a norm is very tricky and may not even exist. For example, scores on the NPI among university students have been increasing allmost since it was first developed. Below are two figures taken from Twenge et. al. (2008) showing NPI scores for American undergraduate samples across time.

In addition to the primary score, investigation into the structure of the NPI has found that there are seven different "facets". Your scores for each are graphed below.
NPIfi.php

12 out of 40. Higher than 50.3% of those that have done the test.

1. Entitlement
2. Exploitativeness
3. Vanity
4. Authority
5. Superiority
6. Exhibitionism

See, 50%-ile is about 12.

Your score is 20, out of 40.
I scored the highest on superiority entitlement
I know all of you that have low scores, just lied :D

I don't think it was lying so much as being hung up on the wording. The things to agree with were so innocuous, and the things to disagree with seemed rather extreme.

I believe there are productive and malignant forms of narcissism. From my own experience, I believe, some of the most productive people can be the most narcissistic.

N

ndovjtjcaqidthi

Your score is 34, out of 40. Higher scores indicate greater levels of narcissism.
Your score was higher than 97.1% of the sample.

NPIfi.php

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I don't think it was lying so much as being hung up on the wording. The things to agree with were so innocuous, and the things to disagree with seemed rather extreme.

I believe there are productive and malignant forms of narcissism. From my own experience, I believe, some of the most productive people can be the most narcissistic.

It was a simple joke about hypocrisy of people...Sure I believe you need to have some level of self confidence to be really productive and successful, but I don't think it's directly connected with narcissism.

cafe

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Your score is 3, out of 40. Your score was higher than 5.9% of the sample.

NPIfi.php

ameeker

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Your score is 13, out of 40.

I scored highest in vanity and exhibitionism, which would make sense since I model.

ygolo

My termites win
It was a simple joke about hypocrisy of people...Sure I believe you need to have some level of self confidence to be really productive and successful, but I don't think it's directly connected with narcissism.

Well, I have been thinking about people I work with/for. Narcissistic Personality Disorder is a bit much. However, I do get the feeling that some of them are productive to a large extend because of their big ego. I was thinking along the lines of The Productive Narcissist. BTW, I have only looked through the amazon preview for this book (I have no money for book buying).

But the from my thread on evil, [MENTION=5578]garbage[/MENTION] pointed me to Baron-Cohen's work. Baron-Cohen seems to indicate that Malignant Narcissism is a form of 0 degrees of empathy without redemptive attributes. Researching things that stress me out is one of my ways of coping.

Also, I don't think people are being hypocritical. For me, many of the narcissistic statements seem fairly unusual to agree with. I am wondering if some people are just so accustoming to taking tests on this site that they feel the need to go 50/50 on choices.

G

garbage

[MENTION=825]ygolo[/MENTION] [MENTION=20044]chubber[/MENTION], spot on regarding graph shape and all. I'll have more to say on it later.

What was curious to me is that this assessment includes self-sufficiency as a trait of narcissism. It could be said to be tenuously linked, maybe sorta kinda, under the most scrutinizing eyes out there--but it's not exactly as obvious a trait of narcissism as, say, vanity.