• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

[DISC] FIRST DISC

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Some First, your at work DISC style is C/ID. That’s fantastic!
C-Offset-DISC-Circle-Gray-Background-July11.png
D-Offset-DISC-Circle-Gray-Background-July11.png
I-Offset-DISC-Circle-Gray-Background-July11.png

You have a blend of Cautious, Dominant, and Inspiring traits. Your Cautious traits are probably a little stronger than your Dominant or Inspiring traits.

Some words that describe you are:
Careful,
Committed,
Results-oriented, and
Interactive
While you tend towards a task-oriented perspective, you have both task-oriented and people-oriented traits. You can either be reserved or outgoing depending on the situation. You probably enjoy working on projects that create quality results, and you can comfortably interacting with people for that purpose. You probably like to do things properly, and you can move at a quick pace if necessary.

Looks like I'm a Compressed Diesel Injector :D

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You have a blend of Doer, Supportive, and Cautious traits. From the results we have so far, we cannot tell which of these traits is the strongest for you. You may have a very balanced blend of all three traits.

Decisive,
Logical,
Analytical, and
Helpful

You have both task-oriented and people-oriented traits, and you probably tend towards a task-oriented perspective. You can either be reserved or outgoing depending on the situation. You probably enjoy solving problems and making things happen, and you like to preserve relationships in the process.

L

LadyLazarus

...Your at work DISC style is a blend of D, S, and C.

You have a blend of Doer, Supportive, and Cautious traits. From the results we have so far, we cannot tell which of these traits is the strongest for you. You may have a very balanced blend of all three traits.

Decisive,
Logical,
Analytical, and
Helpful
You have both task-oriented and people-oriented traits, and you probably tend towards a task-oriented perspective. You can either be reserved or outgoing depending on the situation. You probably enjoy solving problems and making things happen, and you like to preserve relationships in the process.

How the hell did I get most of the letters?...

autumnandtherain

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
S/IC.

You have a blend of Supportive, Inspiring, and Cautious traits. Your Supportive traits are probably a little stronger than your Inspiring or Cautious traits.

Helpful,
Kind,
Methodical, and
Interactive
You have both people-oriented and task-oriented traits. You can either be reserved or outgoing. You probably prefer interacting with people one-on-one or in small groups rather than large crowds. You probably like to do things following a known or proven pattern, and you probably get results by working with people collaboratively.

This is pretty accurate, actually.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah, I caught that similarity too (D=Choleric, etc)...

Explains why I never liked the temperament system -- not secure enough in one type or another. Are you as much on the border in that system as you are in DISC?
You were always one of the good examples of the correlation: ESTJ: Choleric/Melancholy; EST Choleric (“In Charge” Interaction Style)+SJ Melancholic (though I remember you had Melancholic as strongest, but it's not about strength; at least it's the right combo).

Here, check this one out. The Four Humors deal shows up in many, many systems. They're pretty much all the same stuff.
Oh, wow; I was just thinking of that site and was going to look for it again whenever I remembered, because it included the FIRO system.

But yes, as someone else said, it's a totally mess of random correlations.

Keirsey also correlated the humors with his MBTI temperaments (our lovely NT/NF/SP/SJ), but that doesn't work so well.
It works if you realize that classic temperament is usually about social behavior, while Keirsey'semperaments are about action and leadership. The social temperaments in type are the Interaction Styles. That's why I match thes to temperament via the Inclusion and Control areas of FIRO.
Also, Keirsey got Choleric and Phlegmatic backwards when matching them.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You were always one of the good examples of the correlation: ESTJ: Choleric/Melancholy; EST Choleric (“In Charge” Interaction Style)+SJ Melancholic (though I remember you had Melancholic as strongest, but it's not about strength; at least it's the right combo).
You think Choleric/Melancholy (or Melancholy/Choleric) fits me that well? I removed it from my sig because I became decreasingly certain about it. I got REALLY confused when people started telling me I seemed Sanguine.

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You think Choleric/Melancholy (or Melancholy/Choleric) fits me that well? I removed it from my sig because I became decreasingly certain about it. I got REALLY confused when people started telling me I seemed Sanguine.

I always thought you seemed Phlegmatic... :D /throws wrench

wolfy

awsm
:thinking: Maybe I should make a thread about this.

Go on, make a thread. I suppose you come off as phlegmatic to me as well. Maybe choleric, but not so melancholic.

I am phlegmatic/sanguine. I get strong I in DISC.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
Where is this table y'all speak of? *edit* Oh never mind. I just realized that it was the link garbage linked to. Dear Lord that is painful.

Anyway, I got C/D, with a slightly higher C.

In terms of the four humors, I tend to get Phlegmatic-Melancholy (or Supine-Sanguine/Phlegmatic if the fifth humor is used). I think the key difference here is that it only asked about work environments. I don't care about socializing when I'm trying to do something. I just want to get shit done.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Choleric looks like Sanguine. (You can even see this here: http://jacksonsnyder.com/mgi/studies/GCY.pdf p.179)
"Choleric in Inclusion looks a lot like [the] Sanguine. He is highly personable and charming and can inspire great numbers of people. He is emotionally open. He will reveal much of his emotions and ideas. He is friendly, confident, outgoing and optimistic."

Both are expressive, yet the Sanguine is people-focused and the Choleric is task focused. Task focus is represented in type as basically T and J. In Interaction Styles, it's called "directive", and in the Keirsey groups, it's "Structure focused". EST (and ENJ) is called "In Charge", and is the Choleric. (ESF or ENP are the Sanguines, and are called "Get Things Going").

Haven

Blind Guardian
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
2w3
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You have a blend of both Supportive and Dominant traits. Your Supportive traits are probably a little stronger than your Dominant traits.

Helpful,
Kind,
Focused, and
Methodical.

You are more reserved than outgoing. You probably prefer interacting with people one-on-one or in small groups rather than large crowds, and you likely enjoy interacting for a purpose other than just to interact and talk. You probably like to do things following a known or proven pattern, although you can likely take charge and make changes if needed.

Your Basic Style is S/D.

Seems legit

Alea_iacta_est

Choleric looks like Sanguine. (You can even see this here: http://jacksonsnyder.com/mgi/studies/GCY.pdf p.179)
"Choleric in Inclusion looks a lot like [the] Sanguine. He is highly personable and charming and can inspire great numbers of people. He is emotionally open. He will reveal much of his emotions and ideas. He is friendly, confident, outgoing and optimistic."

Both are expressive, yet the Sanguine is people-focused and the Choleric is task focused. Task focus is represented in type as basically T and J. In Interaction Styles, it's called "directive", and in the Keirsey groups, it's "Structure focused". EST (and ENJ) is called "In Charge", and is the Choleric. (ESF or ENP are the Sanguines, and are called "Get Things Going").

Would you say that Choleric/Melancholic or Melancholic/Choleric might not appear melancholic at all from first glance due to the assertiveness of the Choleric?

G

Ginkgo

You have a blend of Supportive, Inspiring, and Cautious traits. Your Supportive traits are probably a little stronger than your Inspiring or Cautious traits.

Helpful,
Kind,
Methodical, and
Interactive

You have both people-oriented and task-oriented traits. You can either be reserved or outgoing. You probably prefer interacting with people one-on-one or in small groups rather than large crowds. You probably like to do things following a known or proven pattern, and you probably get results by working with people collaboratively.

Since you have three styles that show up relatively strongly, we can offer you more insights using the graphing feature that creates your PDF report inside the member's area.

Odi et Amo

To here knows when...
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
You have a blend of Cautious, Supportive, and Inspiring traits. Your Inspiring traits are probably a little stronger than your Cautious or Supportive traits.

Eric B

ⒺⓉⒷ
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Would you say that Choleric/Melancholic or Melancholic/Choleric might not appear melancholic at all from first glance due to the assertiveness of the Choleric?
The Choleric/Melancholy would be less likely to look Melancholy, because the first one is what you see on the surface; the Interaction Style. So he'll look like another Choleric, and the difference will be very hard to see, because it involves who makes the decisions. He will tend to follow something more established rather than make up his own rules, yet while enforcing what's established, he'll be totally forceful and aggressive, so he'll for all purposes look like a pure Choleric. (Just explained all of this in depth over here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/showthread.php?t=67738&page=3&p=2245402&viewfull=1#post2245402)

The Melancholy/Choleric will likely look Melancholy. If you happen to see him like when he's in the aggressiveness of the Choleric (like when angry or having to take charge) he'll look Choleric. But normally, he'll be more reserved, like a Melancholy.