• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Emotional Intelligence Test

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
My results:
Subscale IQ score = 71
Subscale percentile = 3

Wow, this makes me feel a bit retarded, but I think this test is completely unreasonable. I think that I'm pretty able to read others emotions and to try to help them through things, but as far as my own emotions? That's another story. That being said:

the test seems particularly skewed to the Extraverted ideal of "emotionally intelligent," which is bullshit. I bet it would've scored me higher if I answered a question like, "How easily do you make friends?" with "I MAKE EVERYBODY MY FRIEND YAAAAYYYY!!" rather than, "It's easy to make acquaintances, but making friends is hard."

Agreed.

Also, will someone explain to me the purpose of this question and how it relates to determining your "emotional intelligence?"
14. I am bored.

What the hell?

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 111
Subscale percentile = 79

MrME said:
"I MAKE EVERYBODY MY FRIEND YAAAAYYYY!!"

lol

L

Lasting_Pain

Most of the INs got a pretty low score, and the INTs completely bombed it.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Here's my score:

Subscale IQ = 82
Subscale Percentile = 13

I've always had kind of an issue with the usefulness of "EQ" (and yeah, the possibility that it's because I get low scores has occurred to me), because it seems so terribly arbitrary. A large percentage of these questions make me say "well, it depends", or "how am I supposed to know this without more complete information about the person and situation under consideration." It seems not so much a test where the answers are right or wrong (or even likely and less likely), but more of one about how extravertedly optimistic and willing to make snap judgments and encourage/promote confrontations (albeit calmly) you are... maybe that's what they're trying to say, that people with those characteristics "do well"... but from my end it looks like it's sort of self-congratulatory from a certain perspective (that I don't share).

One of the questions was:
"If one had to compare happiness to a weather condition, it would most likely be called…"
Hell, I'm a fluffy airy INFP, and even I gagged at that question a bit.
Exactly... just how is this answer supposed to measure your emotional stability, rather than whether or not you have good memories of a)sledding or b) surfing or c) watching leaves fall as a kid?

Most of the INs got a pretty low score, and the INTs completely bombed it.
I don't think there's much of a surprise there... you could probably score pretty highly on this by answering every question as if it were phrased "what would a stereotypical ESFJ say?" I'm not sure what that says... is it sort of cockeyed-biased (as it seems to me), or is it that they've found that success is often correlated with those traits?

paperoceans

Une Femme est une femme
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
8w7
Subscale IQ score = 82
Subscale percentile = 13

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is somewhat poor. People who score like you may at times feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They sometimes struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are not always able to control their moods. It may be hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions difficult at times, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy or perhaps lacking understanding of, or comfort with, social interactions. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

That's good enough for me. Seems like the majority of INTPs are failing this test.

_dp

MBTI Type
enfj
Enneagram
1w2
Snapshot Report
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 120
Subscale percentile = 91

Seriously though - how are people getting percentiles <1? I dno, the test can seem pretty biased to me then *shrug. I don't think I'm very emotionally intelligent

P

Phantonym

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is very poor. People who score like you do feel that they have trouble dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They struggle to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are unable to control their moods. It’s hard for them to understand how best to motivate themselves and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions quite difficult, for several reasons. They may have trouble allowing themselves to get close with others, finding it difficult to be vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having trouble offering support to others, likely due to the fact that they do not understand where others are coming from or they lack ideas about how best to help.

Hm. Yeah. As much as I hate to admit it, it's quite true to some extent.

laughingebony

MBTI Type
INTP
Subscale IQ score = 73
Subscale percentile = 4

:(

I really thought I was pwning parts of this test.... But Orangey got a 5? lol How do most people have around 60 to 80, and two people in this thread got in the single digits.. and single digit scores are still on the same level as scores of around 40?

That's usually what happens with a normal distribution. The "percentile" doesn't change a lot until you start getting close to the middle.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok now really, this sucks. How the feck can emotions be measured? Intelligence and logic is one thing, "depth of feelings" is something else.

Habba

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Ok now really, this sucks. How the feck can emotions be measured? Intelligence and logic is one thing, "depth of feelings" is something else.

Emotional intelligence is as measurable as any other form of an intelligence.

Me:
Subscale IQ score = 97
Subscale percentile = 45

That's actually very great score for me. Last time I did this test, it was like 50. After that I've been reading some books about Emotional and Social intelligence (by acclaimed Daniel Goleman, I recommend everyone to read his books) and become more EIQ aware in general. I used to keep IQ in a high position, but in the past few years, I have come to appreciate EIQ much higher than the logical IQ.

High EIQ is one of the most correlative attributes when it comes to success. Even more so than IQ.

Litvyak

No Cigar
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Emotional intelligence is as measurable as any other form of an intelligence.

I doubt it. Cognitive processing can be measured, emotions are too complex for that, and the accuracy of such assessments is ridiculously low.

Oom

Your time is gonna come.
MBTI Type
IsfP
Enneagram
5w4
Subscale IQ score = 87
Subscale percentile = 19

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is somewhat poor.

Lies, it's all lies!!!:steam:

I'm going to go and deal with my emotions innefficiently.

Charmed Justice

Nickle Iron Silicone
MBTI Type
INFJ
Subscale IQ score = 129
Subscale percentile = 97

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is good. People who score like you do feel that they have little trouble understanding and dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They generally are able to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are able to control their moods in all but the most trying of times. It’s easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; this is likely due to an empathetic nature and a clear mind when it comes to offering good advice.

So wait, did this long quiz just tell me what my opinion of myself is?:rofl1:

Walking Tourist

it's tea time!
MBTI Type
esfp
Enneagram
Apparently, I have a good opinion of myself and my skill at reading people's faces.

Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 120
Subscale percentile = 91

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is good. People who score like you do feel that they have little trouble understanding and dealing with their own emotions and those of others. They generally are able to overcome difficulties in their lives and they are able to control their moods in all but the most trying of times. It’s easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; this is likely due to an empathetic nature and a clear mind when it comes to offering good advice.

Jaguar

I got half way through, said the test was insane, and quit. Lol.

INTP

MBTI Type
intp
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx
Subscale IQ score = 101
Subscale percentile = 53

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is slightly below average. People who score like you do feel that their ability to understand and deal with their own emotions and those of others is just barely acceptable. Emotionally intelligent people have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are generally able to control their moods. It’s easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; likely due to an empathetic nature and a solid ability to offer advice. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.

Yloh

MBTI Type
ENFJ
I took this test before and got a 135. I decided to take it again and got a 123. I know I answered differently from before.

Seeing how so many people scored so low makes me question the validity of the test.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Snapshot Report
Self-report Component
Subscale IQ score = 107
Subscale percentile = 68

According to your self-report answers, your emotional intelligence is slightly below average. People who score like you do feel that their ability to understand and deal with their own emotions and those of others is just barely acceptable. Emotionally intelligent people have an easy time overcoming difficulties in their lives and they are generally able to control their moods. It’s easy for them to motivate themselves to overcome obstacles and reach their goals. In addition, they find social interactions to be quite easy and fulfilling, for several reasons. They are comfortable allowing themselves to get close with others, and feel comfortable being vulnerable enough to establish intimacy. They also report having an easy time offering support to others; likely due to an empathetic nature and a solid ability to offer advice. Perhaps by working on your problem areas, you can become more confident in dealing with your own emotions and those of others.