• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Robin Hood morality test

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
This created an interesting discussion on INFPgc:
Talisman: Robin Hood Morality Test

Not sure about the author's interpretations of your specific choices, but it is an interesting exercise in prioritising your values.

Edit: I encourage people to post their reasoning for the order they chose... I'd like to see if there are any correlations with type.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Very interesting sciski. shall I spill my guts?

"You are faily broadminded, romantic and reasonably contented. You value kindess greatly and try to live by your ideals. You do not conceal from yourself, or from others, your strong need for security, which may be either emotional or material.

Women: Your experiences of men have not all been happy, perhaps because you hope for a little too much?"

What do you think? Were they all this complimentary? I'd say it describes me.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
I think that's a good description of you. :)

They were definitely not all complimentary! Here be the answers: The Robin Hood Morality Test

My answer was : Little John, Maid Marion, Sheriff, Robin Hood (I ended up swapping the final two from my original answer).

You are the slightly romantic realist. You respect truth, and are broadminded and flexible. Whether you are a man or a woman you are probably a happy person. You like people and they can readily make friends with you. You are not very adventurous, but this does not bother you.

My reasoning was that Little John did nothing wrong and actually rescued Marion when she needed help.
Marion probably could have tried another plan to escape, but she sacrificed herself and was honest to Robin.
The Sheriff was just being his ratty self, and was consistent in letting them free after Marion held up her end of the bargain.
Robin, I feel sympathy for because he was extremely hurt, but yeah, that response sucked.

kelric

Feline Member
MBTI Type
INtP
Hmm.

You are the slightly romantic realist. You respect truth, and are broadminded and flexible. Whether you are a man or a woman you are probably a happy person. You like people and they can readily make friends with you. You are not very adventurous, but this does not bother you.

Not sure about the italicized part, but the rest of it, maybe.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Oh, man! Yeah. I really struggled with who was the most rotten between Robin and the Sherriff. I like your reasoning. Why would you expect any more from the Sherriff than what he did. I guess my choice is why it said I have been discouraged in some of my relationships with men.

That has been true. I expect more emotional closeness than I've found. But with time I have come to accept that my expectations are often too high and I can alter them with a little effort.

A girlfriend told me this in my twenties and I blew her off! Live and learn.

But, you know, considering that sub called you "mister," that statement in your answer that goes, "Whether you are a man or a woman" gives me pause for thought, Girlfriend. Hee.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Yeah. I expected Robin to be a little more generous of spirit. . .

I wonder why the test indicates that you two are not so adventurous. How do you think they arrived at that through your answers?

I do see you as being more pragmatic than I, sciski.

Athenian200

Protocol Droid
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
We would expect you to be a happy, well-balanced person who likes people and is liked by others. You question whether many conventional views on morality are valid under all circumstances.

Seems a little optimistic, but I think some people like me, and I like some of them... so why not?

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
We would expect you to be a happy, well-balanced person who likes people and is liked by others. You question whether many conventional views on morality are valid under all circumstances.

Women: You will expect high standards from the men to whom you give your love.

Hm. I also struggled with these.. Little John was definitely high on my list, and so was Maid Marion. Robin and the Sheriff, even though they both have their flaws.. the fact that Robin Hood worked TOWARD his, instead of the Sheriff denying his because of his career.. it made Robin the slight push over.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
Hehe, well I'm known for being the most 'manly' of women in my circle of friends. To which I say, I WILL ARM-WRESTLE YOU TO PROVE YOU WRONG!! (argh, going off-topic in my own thread!)

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
Hehe, well I'm known for being the most 'manly' of women in my circle of friends. To which I say, I WILL ARM-WRESTLE YOU TO PROVE YOU WRONG!! (argh, going off-topic in my own thread!)

If I'm not the most manly of my circle of friends, I damn sure make it a point to get there.

Anja

MBTI Type
INFP
Geez, you guys are cute!

I just read all the answers. Do you think there would be anyone willing to offer some of them here? Not! Whew. Thought I recognized a few people I know in RL.

sciski

MBTI Type
NSFW
Enneagram
6w7
I wonder why the test indicates that you two are not so adventurous. How do you think they arrived at that through your answers?

I do see you as being more pragmatic than I, sciski.

I'm a jaded cynic at heart. ;)

I think if we paired up, you would be the nice friendly sunny one, and I'd be the grouchytastic one making a dark cloud in the corner.

And yes, analysing the test results themselves was interesting!

For some reason, putting Robin ahead of the Sheriff is indicative of adventurousness. Perhaps because Robin truthfully acted outside of his character, whereas the Sheriff deceitfully played within the boundaries of his? Which could be indicative of my own values - that I do not mind 'deceit within bounds' as long as it's honest to someone's character, but do mind 'honesty outside bounds' because it goes against someone's character.... I think I just broke my brain.

kyuuei, I challenge thee to an arm wrestle! *rolls up sleeves, revealing Pop-eye-like guns*

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
You are fairly broadminded romantic and reasonably contented. You value kindness greatly and try to live by your ideals. You do not conceal from yourself, or from others, your strong need for security, which may be either emotional or material.

Men: Perhaps you tend to idealize women and credit them with virtues they don't possess.

I agree with this. I put way too many women on pedestals.. :wubbie:
That was how my first and only relationship ended..

Oh yea, my order was Little John, Maid Marion, Robin Hood, Sheriff

Last edited:

wolfy

awsm
I think that's a good description of you. :)

They were definitely not all complimentary! Here be the answers: The Robin Hood Morality Test

My answer was : Little John, Maid Marion, Sheriff, Robin Hood (I ended up swapping the final two from my original answer).

My reasoning was that Little John did nothing wrong and actually rescued Marion when she needed help.
Marion probably could have tried another plan to escape, but she sacrificed herself and was honest to Robin.
The Sheriff was just being his ratty self, and was consistent in letting them free after Marion held up her end of the bargain.
Robin, I feel sympathy for because he was extremely hurt, but yeah, that response sucked.

I chose the same way for the same reasons. :hi:

Virtual ghost

Complex paradigm
If you are not living a happy life, the cause is within yourself. You are a rebel with a trace of spoilt child about you. You value truth above morality, but you are reasonably tolerant of those who disagree with you.

Men: Any problems you have are not likely to be centered in sex.

Believe me I was more shocked then you are.
I mean, does this even sound like me?:D

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Nothing too different here;

You are the slightly romantic realist. You respect truth, and are broadminded and flexible. Whether you are a man or a woman you are probably a happy person. You like people and they can readily make friends with you.

Little John: Well he didn’t do much but he appears to disregard any previous behaviour of the not-so-fair maid.

Maid Marion: She made her choice, wanted Robin’s freedom and was prepared to go to some extreme lengths to do so but without deceit.

The Sheriff: He had something the maid wanted, he bargained, she accepted.

Robin Hood: Abuse is never justified in my mind. He can be disgusted and hurt by what she did but that never excuses calling her a slut.

Now had I been the Maid it would have turned out a little differently... I woulda ditched Robin at the first opportunity, trapped the sheriff in a compromising position and than used the blackmail money to start a new life elsewhere with the nice guy, ‘lil John :)

Kasper

Diabolical
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Hehe, I like this one;

The Sheriff, Little John, Robin Hood, Maid Marion

Women: You have a pretty poor opinion of yourself, haven't you?

:laugh:

niffer

MBTI Type
ENfP
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Got the slightly romantic realist one. At first was going to put Maid Marion in front of Little John which would have gotten this result lol:

You are essentially a contented person, even if you consider yourself a little superior. You are moral by your own standards, for you believe that morality is what best suits the occasion.

Men: You are sexually uninhibited, more romantic than you may appear, and more dependent on the approval of others than you care to admit.

Women: You like being a woman, you understand what love is, and frankly enjoy sex.

But then figured Little John didn't do anything that could be interpreted as wrong out of the four of them.

My thoughts:

Little John: did nothing wrong in the story, defended someone being abused and gave them happiness (+2)

Maid Marion: went through a lot of trouble to help people out, but i suppose she could be seen as being "dirty" or whatever (+1)

Sheriff: he was just doing his frigging job, though he later decides to take advantage of a chick (lol, but she was willing! xD) (-1 still)

Robin Hood: what an asshole, someone goes through all this trouble to bail him out and he abuses them. plus, calling someone a slut in this context shows that he has more of a messed up sexual mind than the Sheriff imo....only cares about what he puts his penis into =.= (-1000)

Kora

MBTI Type
ENTP
You claim to be a realist or even a cynic, but you are more emotional, romantic, and truthful.

Women: You have been hurt in the past by men, or one man in particular, and will probably let it happen again.

Nah. And no, it won't happen again.

EDIT: Uh, in order...

Sheriff: He told Maid Marion that he would free the others, and so he did.
Maid Marion: She sacrificed herself for the others.
Little John: Well, he was nice at least.
Robin Hood: ... Ew. How ungrateful.

It's not that I agree with what the Sheriff or Maid Marion did. Is just that, in morality terms, they stayed true to their word.