First 678910 Last

Une Femme est une femme paperoceans's Avatar
    MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    8w7

Marion, Little John, Robin Hood, The Sheriff

Interpretation

We would expect you to be a happy, well-balanced person who likes people and is liked by others. You question whether many conventional views on morality are valid under all circumstances.

Women: You will expect high standards from the men to whom you give your love.
    Between that cigarillo and sticking my finger down my throat to see if I could DT, I feel like puking RN.

Read my Blog.

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Such an emphatic rejection of ready-made values is probably partly camouflage. You hate to be thought weak or insecure. You value honesty, and abhor hypocrisy.

Women: You are tolerant about men and their failings - but we mean men, for you have no time for boys on men's errands.

Maid Marion - The sheriff - Little John - Robin hood

Reasoning:

Maid marrion just sacrafised her purity and prostituted herself for her friends.

The sheriff (he seem an honest representation of a man in his shoes) was as good as his word, LJ and RH could have been bad criminals, also it's the sherif's job to put out laws behind bars.

Little John is suspiciousley non eventful; vague, on one hand he doesn't cause any harm to Marion, on the other he abandons loyalty to Robin, his friend and comrade by just...leaving, quite happily with a brave, intelligent, attractive (sexualy desirable enough tobe used as get out of jail), sexually active young woman >_>

Robin stinks of something not quite right here, that's the sort of line a misogynistic serial killer uses.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

Quote Originally Posted by marmalade.sunrise View Post
    I really don't get the mentality that the Sheriff did anything more moral than what Marion did. He was a slut, too. Not only was he a slut, but he was abusing a position of power. Marion's motives were more moral than the Sheriffs. Her sin was for others, and the Sheriffs was merely for selfish personal gain.
    The criteria I used there was that by "tempting" Marion, his actions, despite selfish, served to put her integrity to test...and she accepted without even trying to turn the tables.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Yosako View Post
    The criteria I used there was that by "tempting" Marion, his actions, despite selfish, served to put her integrity to test...and she accepted without even trying to turn the tables.
    I also don't see how that would make her actions worse than the sheriff's. If you're faulting Marion for sleeping with someone else instead of being faithful to Robin, well, the Sheriff bore a lot of responsibility for that too.

Perhaps it wasn't the most assertive thing she could have done, but the test isn't asking you to rank the characters according to how much assertiveness they showed. It asks you to rank them on morality, and Marion's intent was to help someone she loved.

Anyway, my order was:

1. Marion - she sacrificed herself for Robin
    2. Little John - he did nothing wrong either, and his actions were helpful to Marion, but since he gained something from this act (Marion) I don't see it as purely altruistic
    3. Robin - terrible behaviour, and I had trouble choosing between him and the Sheriff, but gave him the benefit of doubt in the end since he was likely in the grip of his emotions.
    4. Sheriff - he took advantage of his power, and this had nothing to do with strong emotions: it was planned and calculated. He also isn't taking his job seriously if he makes decisions on who has to stay imprisoned based on bribery.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    9w1

You are fairly broadminded romantic and reasonably contented. You value kindness greatly and try to live by your ideals. You do not conceal from yourself, or from others, your strong need for security, which may be either emotional or material.

Women: Your experiences of men have not all been happy, perhaps because you hope for a little too much?

Little John did nothing wrong in this story, in fact, the good he did was above beyond anything that could have been expected of him. What Marion did was incredibly self sacrificing and done out of love, but hers is still a case of the end justifying the means. Not the highest form of morality, IMO. As bad as Robin's reaction was, the Sherrif was the one abusing his power, taking advantage of Marion, and causing this whole sordid situation in the first place.
    Time flies like an arrow, fruit flies like a banana.
    ~ Groucho Marx

MBTI
    ISFx
    Enneagram
    6w7

Quote Originally Posted by blankpages View Post
    If you're faulting Marion for sleeping with someone else instead of being faithful to Robin, well, the Sheriff bore a lot of responsibility for that too.

Perhaps it wasn't the most assertive thing she could have done, but the test isn't asking you to rank the characters according to how much assertiveness they showed. It asks you to rank them on morality, and Marion's intent was to help someone she loved.
    1 In those times wouldn't women have been pretty opressed? 'Asserting' (she really wasn't) herself sexually is surely the only way she could have possibly freed the man she loved/her friend.

2 What kind of insane person would argue the life of the one you love is worth less than sex the once with someone you're only having sex with for the one you love (or even just a friend)?

Also, What kind of person makes another (their love for godsake) feel guilty and sinfull after just having saved their life, as if a woman's only purpose is to be chaste and pure till her wedding day and she is automatically wrong, and bad and a money hungry sinful slut (she wasn't doing it for affluence or avarice or to feed a drug habit, a human life is worth more than gold or silver) for trying to break out against the very vile and authoritarian rule of a man who essentially rapes her? Grr, I really don't like this Robin.
    Come along Fool
    A direct hit of the senses you are disconnected
    It's not that it's bad, it's not that it's death
    It's just on the tip of your tongue, and you're so silent

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
    1 In those times wouldn't women have been pretty opressed? 'Asserting' (she really wasn't) herself sexually is surely the only way she could have possibly freed the man she loved/her friend.
    I was thinking maybe she could have come up with some cunning plan that could lead to his release, or gotten someone with higher authority on her side. True enough though, doing what he wanted was probably the surest and most obvious solution. And it did work in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Liminality View Post
    What kind of person makes another (their love for godsake) feel guilty and sinfull after just having saved their life, as if a woman's only purpose is to be chaste and pure till her wedding day
    Yes, this. Someone complained above that the interpretations were critical of certain choices (calling people's values misogynistic and confused, etc.) but I don't see any other way of looking at it. Why else would someone rank Marion last in morality? After all, even if you think she was wrong to be unfaithful, or that sex outside marriage is always wrong regardless of circumstances, the sheriff was responsible for that too.

I have a vague memory of this being discussed in class actually, and I think it was a teacher in Catholic school, in 7th or 8th grade. I wish I could recall what was said about it...

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Little John
    Robin Hood
    Maid Marion
    The Sheriff

You are a cautious type, neutral, and rather insecure. You would agree with the idea that everybody has his price - and in your own case it would not be high.

Women: At least one man has made you unhappy, and you are now on your guard.
    Heh, I think I'm the only person to get this result so far. My reasoning is that, given what we know, Little John is basically blameless on all counts. Robin Hood is only guilty of being an ungrateful dickhead, but he didn't really do anything wrong. It's not like he's obligated to stay with Marion, though, like I said, he should have shown more gratitude. Marion compromised herself by sleeping with the Sheriff. She should never have succumbed to his authority. The Sheriff is by far the worst bastard of this story, since not only did he abuse a woman, he abused his power as well.

So, there. And I find the result to be mostly true, sans the being made unhappy by a man part. Oh, and the price not being high part (hmmm...just what are they implying?) Well, we've all been made unhappy by a man at some point in our lives, but not really in the context of a romantic relationship (for me). And I think that's what they meant.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram

Orangey
    Robin Hood is only guilty of being an ungrateful dickhead, but he didn't really do anything wrong.
    Did you read this part?
    Robin abused her

mjsr
    Maid Marion, Little John, The Sheriff, Robin Hood

You are essentially a contented person, even if you consider yourself a little superior. You are moral by your own standards, for you believe that morality is what best suits the occasion.

Men: You are sexually uninhibited, more romantic than you may appear, and more dependent on the approval of others than you care to admit.

Women: You like being a woman, you understand what love is, and frankly enjoy sex.
    *You don't have a soul. You are a Soul. You have a body.
    *Faith is the art of holding on to things your reason once accepted, despite your changing moods.
    C.S. Lewis

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    6w5
    Socionics
    SLE

Quote Originally Posted by Usehername View Post
    Did you read this part?
    I thought it meant that he verbally abused her and called her a slut. You know, like in books when people say, "oh, I have never been so abused," and they're referring to some sort of social blunder? I didn't assume that it meant physical or sexual...I assumed it would have been explicit about that since it's important to the question.
    Artes, Scientia, Veritasiness