5&4 sx
    Socionics
    INFj

Quote Originally Posted by Colors View Post
    Maid Marion
    Little John
    Robin Hood
    The Sheriff

I think I'm the first person here to choose this. I find the assumptions that this is supposed to make about my moral reasoning to be rather offensive, however.

I think this test really does hinge on your expectations of the characters, despite the test's instruction to judge outside of the normal Robin Hood story.

I mean, just because you expect the Sheriff to be nasty doesn't make it less morally less nasty for him to imprison individuals for no given reason. Although he is honest in his expectations, he is still last on the scale for me.

Maid Marion is first. She did the best considering her extremely limited circumstances. It's not like she was going around offering sex to the Sheriff. She made a choice between two unsavory options. What she did was bourne out of love. What happened to romantic ideals. She made the hardest choice of all. To sacrifice her personal ideals (if she didn't want to remain loyal, the Sheriff wouldn't have needed wait until this particular situation to force her hand) for the safety of her loved ones? That's certainly admirable.

Little John is second. We don't know how honest he is being with Marion (again, you're not supposed to be using your preconceived notions). Certainly, he's good for consoling her and understanding the meaning of her sacrifice. However, if his intentions with Marion are that good, he can certainly wait longer than three seconds to swoop in with his suggestions after her intense breakup. It seems predatory in real life and it seems predatory here. It isn't necessarily. But he could do better.

Robin Hood: Is clearly lacking in viewing the big picture and is a poor fellow for being so ungrateful for Marion's devotion and honesty. About as equally honest as the Sheriff.
    All of This.

Plus, am I the only (coughcynicalcough) one who thought that Little John was seizing an opportunity when Robin Hood lashed out at MMarion? Like, he'd been lurking in the corner and waiting for RHood to make the wrong step so he could finally get MMarion?

Quote Originally Posted by Kai View Post
    What's the major difference between putting Robin or the Sheriff last?
    I put Robin last since I think any man who abuses a woman is pure shit, and it's a crime.
    It doesn't get any simpler than that.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by neptunesnet View Post
    Plus, am I the only (coughcynicalcough) one who thought that Little John was seizing an opportunity when Robin Hood lashed out at MMarion? Like, he'd been lurking in the corner and waiting for RHood to make the wrong step so he could finally get MMarion?
    It's not just you. I posted that I thought his motives were "not entirely altruistic" and that's what I meant by that. I mean, he did propose pretty damn quickly, didn't he? That was my reasoning for putting him below Marion.

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    EIE

Little john, Robin Hood, The Sheriff, Maid Marion

You are not easy to assess. Basically you are ruled by an inferiority complex and feelings of insecurity. How do you present yourself to the world? An idealist, a moralist, a conformist keeping up with the Joneses?

Women: It is a shame you have not accepted the ideal of woman as the equal (and sometimes stronger) partner of man.

Robin Hood, Little John, Maid Marion, The Sheriff

You are a moralist with conventional ideas, which some people would call old-fashioned.

Women: Unlucky in love? Perhaps you hope for too much in a man. Be a realist, not a romantic.
    Robin Hood:
    +: He was an outlaw, he fought for social justice, he chose to live free and far from the oppressor and he stuck with his choices
    -: He did all this out of loyalty to the old King - I would appreciate him much more if he had done what he did just because

Little John:
    +: He fought for social justice, chose to be outlaw, chose to go his own way.
    -: The loyalty thing again, his good intentions are a bit overshadowed by his devotion to the old king and Robin Hood

Maid Marion:
    +: She stuck with Robin Hood and the outlaws
    -: She didn't really have much personality, she did what she did only cause she was in love with Robin Hood

The Sheriff:
    No comments, I think my previous + and - make quite obvious why I put him on the other side of the spectrum.

BTW, I'm reciting from memory, since it's been years I've watched a Robin Hood movie and read the tale.
    I also disagree with the interpretation of the results, since I don't consider myself much of a moralist, old-fashioned or romantic.

EDIT:
    After reading the rest of the thread, it seems like Marian slept with the Sheriff, Robin Hood got pissed off and Little John consoled Marion. I don't even remember this part of the story.

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by TheChosenOne View Post
    You are a moralist with conventional ideas, which some people would call old-fashioned.

Men: You probably consider yourself a fair-minded man in a world which falls badly below your standards. Your inhibitions and sense of guilt are in the way of your happiness.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3
    Socionics
    EIE

Little John behaved so admirably and kind. He is the hero of this story, to promise lifelong love to someone as loose and ungraceful as Maid Marion...
    She loved Robin Hood yet still went and slept with the sheriff to get him out - it is a paradox and to me that is the lowest one could go!!!

Whisky Old & Women Young Speed Gavroche's Avatar
    MBTI
    EsTP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Yosako
    You are not easy to assess. Basically you are ruled by an inferiority complex and feelings of insecurity. How do you present yourself to the world? An idealist, a moralist, a conformist keeping up with the Joneses?

Men: Your conflicting views on sex and morality may lead to every sort of sexual problem. You have always feared women, probably starting with your mother.
    :yim_rolling_on_the_
    EsTP 6w7 Sx/Sp

Chaotic Neutral

E=60% S=55% T=70% P=80%

"I don't believe in guilt, I only believe in living on impulses"

"Stereotypes about personality and gender turn out to be fairly accurate: ... On the binary Myers-Briggs measure, the thinking-feeling breakdown is about 30/70 for women versus 60/40 for men." ~ Bryan Caplan

Quote Originally Posted by Pristinegirl View Post

Little John behaved so admirably and kind. He is the hero of this story, to promise lifelong love to someone as loose and ungraceful as Maid Marion...
    She loved Robin Hood yet still went and slept with the sheriff to get him out - it is a paradox and to me that is the lowest one could go!!!
    Same results as me . As I said, a "real" woman would have kicked the sheriff's balls pretty hard after such..."proposal".