User Tag List

First 1234 Last

MBTI
    intp
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx

Little to no automatic preference between Young and Old.

Moderate automatic preference for Straight People compared to Gay People.

cba to take more of these.

i think there are too many things effecting this test, even if it could tell something about your unconsciousness. like when you get 5 gay words in a row, you click them much faster than if the 5 words would be gay, straight, straight, gay, straight. or when you get the same picture 4 times in row. many other things that effect this, but cba to think about them all again
    "Where wisdom reigns, there is no conflict between thinking and feeling."
    — C.G. Jung

Read

I only took a few, but I wasn't surprised at all. I know where my preferences lie (for instance, moderate preference for thin over fat, heterosexuality, and the religious scale had Christianity dwarfing other religions. I was kind of surprised that Buddhism was lower than Islam though, seeing that I grew up in a Buddhist household and I have nothing particularly against it. I think? Heh).

Your data suggest little to no automatic preference between Straight People and Gay People.
    I suppose
    Your data suggest a strong preference for Not Smoking compared to Smoking.
    yay. A dissonance. Suspected for a while that I want to stop.
    Your data suggest a slight association of Female with Science and Male with Liberal Arts compared to Male with Science and Female with Liberal Arts.
    Subjective perhaps.

L'anima non dimora Donna Cecilia's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    1w9
    Socionics
    LII

Your data suggest a strong automatic association of Religion with False and Science with True.

Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for New compared to Old.

Your data suggest a strong automatic preference for Certain compared to Possible.

Not at all surprised. When my eyes stop hurting, I'll do others.

"An intelligent hell would be better than a stupid paradise."
    Victor Hugo

LII/INTj (Analyst) - 1w9 Sp/Sx - RC|O|EI - Melancholy/Choleric

Tempbanned
    Enneagram
    8w9

Your data suggest a moderate association of Black Americans with Weapons compared to White Americans.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

I got that I associate Europeans with positive word and blacks with negative.
    Frankly, that doesn't surprise me at all, not that I'm racist (well, according to Marm I am), but I grew up in an environment where there were almost no black people, so why wouldn't I have a slightly higher association with people I resemble on several levels? On the other hand, as a jazz musician, most of my heroes are black.
    I just don't know that this reveals anything new or unusual in human nature. They are the unconscious legacies of childhood that one tries to overcome when one become aware of them...

MBTI
    FREE
    Enneagram
    594 sx/sp
    Socionics
    LII Ne

They were testing to see if a reduced bias against mentality ill people was related to reduced bias toward other targeted minority groups (in this case, homosexuals).

Your data suggest a strong implicit association of homosexual people with good (versus bad). **This is because you were much faster at the classification task when the concept 'Homosexual People' was paired with the concept 'Good' than when 'Homosexual People' was paired with the concept 'Bad', which we interpret as an indication of your implicit evaluation of homosexual people.

For this test, I'm not really surprised by the results.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by nebbykoo View Post
    I got that I associate Europeans with positive word and blacks with negative.
    Frankly, that doesn't surprise me at all, not that I'm racist (well, according to Marm I am), but I grew up in an environment where there were almost no black people, so why wouldn't I have a slightly higher association with people I resemble on several levels?
    Why would that give you implicitly negative associations though? It wouldn't. If you were not influenced by your environment at all, your response would be neutral.
    I just don't know that this reveals anything new or unusual in human nature.
    Maybe not new, but the implications are pretty important. When we hold (conscious or unconsious) negative stereotypes of groups of people, we interact with them in ways that activate and reinforce those stereotypes. In the case of associating black people with guns, for example, it has been shown to lead to a "shoot first ask questions later" mentality in the police. It doesn't get more serious than that.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.

morose bourgeoisie
    MBTI
    INFP

[QUOTE=Salomé;1420023]Why would that give you implicitly negative associations though? It wouldn't. If you were not influenced by your environment at all, your response would be neutral.
    QUOTE]
    You have miised the point of my post. I don't have negative emotions or attituted about black people. I do have positive associations with some aspects of my immediate culture because that is what I'm farmiliar with, so it stands to reason that I would evince some positive associations with it. I also have many negative associations with it too, so I can only concluse that the test is leading the answers in some way, since it is not a true reflection of what I actually feel regarding blacks. Frankly, I think if the test had specified 'green people' vs. white, I would have had a similar result becuase the test is flawed.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sx/sp

^The ENTIRE point is to reveal the associations you DON'T know you have.
    The science is sound but you don't have to accept the conclusions, up to you.
    Quote Originally Posted by Ivy View Post
    Gosh, the world looks so small from up here on my high horse of menstruation.