MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    LSE Si

Default The MBTI Test Test

The title is not a typo.

Much of our community is gathered around the personality test with the consensus being “Tests will give you a decent starting ground but won’t fully type you”. Well.. not one single test. How about as many tests as possible?

Here’s the rundown of how this works. There are three phases. You can find out which phase the project is in by checking this thread or by looking at my signature. Each phase will have detailed posts announcing them with explanations on how to join in and contribute. Here is a summary of each phase:

In Phase One, we gather every single MBTI test possible. Long, short, good, bad, serious, funny, any and all tests that give you an MBTI type at the end. This is the simplest and hopefully quickest phase.
    • Anyone can participate in Phase One. All you have to do is send me a link to a test in this thread or in PMs.
    • There is a Google Doc listing out all of the tests and quizzes that will be used. Please check this link out before submitting a quiz.

In Phase Two, we get volunteers who are willing to participate in the testing. There are two jobs in within Phase Two, which I will lovingly deem 2A and 2B. 2A will be the people taking all the tests and 2B will be the committee of people who make sure all of the 2A people ID a correct typing.
    • Anyone can participate in Phase Two. It is recommended that you choose between doing either a 2A or 2B, but I won’t stop you if you want to do both. However, you can’t do the type screening for yourself.
    • For our 2A test takers, you do not have to do all of the tests in one sitting. (That’d be insane.) After you complete each test, copy the text and maybe screenshot your results and send them to me. Details on this process will update when we approach Phase Two.
    • For our 2B typers, you would be typing each one of our 2A participants as a committee. This is to ensure that we have a solid basis to compare all of these tests to. You would need to provide a solid case, as in no one off typings. You are allowed to use whatever method you would normally use in this process (within reason).

In Phase Three, we organize and analyze all of the data gathered together. Basically seeing how all of this added up for each person. This isn’t as math intensive as it sounds, but will definitely take the longest.
    • Anyone can participate in Phase Three.
    • This phase is the furthest away, so I do not have any major details on it just yet. Plans on how people going about this one will depend on how many 2A participants we have.

I’m estimating this will all take about 4 to 6 months. The reasoning behind doing something of this scale is just pure fun. The fact that we can is why I want to have this accomplished. Plus, it’ll be fun to just do. Right now, this is just in the planning stages. I want to get a general feel for how many people would even be into it. In a perfect world, I would a minimum of 5 people in Phase One, 5 in Phase Two A, 16 in Phase Two B, and 10 in Phase Three. People can participate in all three and a half phases if they so please and if we really don’t get that many people, then I’m content with that too.

Ask any questions you have about the project to me.
    MBTI: Te = Ne > Ni = Si > Se > Fi > Fe > Ti
    Enneagram: 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 (The Humanitarian) | sx/so/sp
    Zodiac: Aries-Taurus Cusp Sun, Scorpio Moon, Gemini Rising
    Holland Code: Enterprising > Social > Artistic = Conventional = Investigative > Realistic
    Temperaments: Sanguine = Choleric > Melancholic > Phlegmatic
    Potter House: Slytherin
    Johari · Private Blog · Nohari

The MBTI Test Test Status: Phase One
    Likes yama, Glados, Lotus, Peter Deadpan, Terralynn and 2 others liked this post

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    6w7 so/sx
    Socionics
    I'm Fe

I call 2A
    MBTI: ESFJ
    Enneagram: 6w7 9w1 2w3 so/sx
    Temperament: Phlegmatic | Sanguine
    Astrology: Leo Sun | Aries Moon | Leo Rising
    Johari | Nohari

not a type description

MBTI
    ISTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/so
    Socionics
    SLI None

I'll do something.
    "Avoid getting too preoccupied thinking about what you’re going to do, to actually do it."
    — Rachel Wolchin

johari
    nohari

I'm down to fill endless bubbles!

Enneagram
    4w5 sp/sx

This is a great idea. I'll participate in 2A, please.
    "If only every generation would realize that the time for greatness is right now when they’re alive…the time to flower is now."

– Patti Smith

I will volunteer for 2A

If you need more 2B participants due to a lack of volunteers, then I can do that as well.
    Last edited by asynartetic; 11-07-2017 at 08:10 AM.
    Masculine presenting transgender lesbian

MBTI
    eNFP
    Enneagram
    471 sp/sx

I'll do 2A.

I would volunteer for 2B but having a "committee" type random people without their input and with the expectation they will come to a consensus, and with the expectation the consensus will somehow be accurate because there's more than one person working on the typing, seems none too reliable of a method of checking the validity of MBTI tests.
    Likes Jaguar, Xann, Peter Deadpan, Metis liked this post

MBTI
    ESTJ
    Enneagram
    2w3
    Socionics
    LSE Si

Quote Originally Posted by magpie View Post
    I would volunteer for 2B but having a "committee" type random people without their input and with the expectation they will come to a consensus, and with the expectation the consensus will somehow be accurate because there's more than one person working on the typing, seems none too reliable of a method of checking the validity of MBTI tests.
    What do you mean "without their input"? 2B people would type the 2A people through their own normal means, the same within Type Me threads
    MBTI: Te = Ne > Ni = Si > Se > Fi > Fe > Ti
    Enneagram: 2w3 - 8w7 - 7w8 (The Humanitarian) | sx/so/sp
    Zodiac: Aries-Taurus Cusp Sun, Scorpio Moon, Gemini Rising
    Holland Code: Enterprising > Social > Artistic = Conventional = Investigative > Realistic
    Temperaments: Sanguine = Choleric > Melancholic > Phlegmatic
    Potter House: Slytherin
    Johari · Private Blog · Nohari

The MBTI Test Test Status: Phase One

MBTI
    Mmmm
    Enneagram
    9/6 sp/so
    Socionics
    No None

I’ll either do 2A or 2B. I might share some tests for part 1 since I’ve taken basically all the ones available in the internet that are free and found semi easily