• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Loneliness Quizz

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Based upon the UCLA Loneliness Scale: The Loneliness Quiz - Psych Central

You scored a total of 38

Extreme Loneliness

You answered this quiz consistent with people who are suffering from extreme and severe loneliness.

A certain amount of loneliness is a normal part of most people's lives. But when your feelings of loneliness can become a bit overwhelming or more serious than usual -- like now -- it may be a sign that something isn't quite balanced in your life.

You may find that you could benefit by trying to reach out to others in your life -- right now. A close friend or family member whom you trust and talk to can go a long way in helping to relieve feelings of loneliness in many people.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You scored a total of 37.

Extreme Loneliness

You answered this quiz consistent with people who are suffering from extreme and severe loneliness.

A certain amount of loneliness is a normal part of most people's lives. But when your feelings of loneliness can become a bit overwhelming or more serious than usual -- like now -- it may be a sign that something isn't quite balanced in your life.

You may find that you could benefit by trying to reach out to others in your life -- right now. A close friend or family member whom you trust and talk to can go a long way in helping to relieve feelings of loneliness in many people.

giphy.gif

This is far from new. I am terribly miserable. Everything I do is a cry for help.

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You scored a total of 28: Moderate Loneliness

You answered this quiz consistent with people who are suffering from moderate loneliness.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
This is far from new. I am terribly miserable. Everything I do is a cry for help.
I will admit I was morbidly curious to see if everyone else here is in the highest bracket. :doh:

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You scored a total of 16.

Normal Loneliness
You answered this quiz consistent with people who are having a normal experience of loneliness. This is usually not something to be concerned about, as everyone can feel a little lonely from time to time. It can become a problem, however, if these feelings are long-lasting and don't seem to get better on their own, even when you're with others, friends or family.

Lark

I dont get lonely at all, I've felt lonely in the past but not since I was a teenager I think, seriously, if I had unlimited resources I'm pretty sure that I'd retire to some mountain top or backwoods part of the wilderness without any contact from anyone to worry about.

I've always had a sort of dream of living a life like the dude in the vault in LOST, if you had unlimited literature and tunes and gym equipment, you could live a health and hearty existence without anyone troubling you.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
You scored a total of 11

Little to No Loneliness

You answered this quiz consistent with people who complain of little to no loneliness in their life at present.

Congratulations for feeling connected with others in your life!

Obfuscate

Permabanned
MBTI Type
iNtP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
31...not sure it reflects reality...

guess that is "extreme"... i would call it moderate compared to other parts of my existence...

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
34. why the fuck did i take that quiz i could've told you this without it.

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

I don't feel extremely lonely at all, but I do feel disconnected. I actually have a lot of friends and acquaintances, but I don't get to spend as much time with those close friends that I feel a genuine connection with. I experience that seeming contradiction of feeling like I am around people too much and being drained by it & wanting to withdraw, and yet still being alone all the time because of feeling disconnected from them emotionally. I probably am lacking the amount of intimacy I want (particularly with a significant other), but not so much the amount of people interaction.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Oh yes guys look! I’m extremely lonely.

I’m partially to blame though. I don’t like having boring friends or fake relationships.

I acquire aquantainces easily. But I don’t understand “friends” I guess.

How is would you define a friend?

Lexicon

Temporal Mechanic
Staff member
MBTI Type
JINX
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

“Little to No Loneliness

You answered this quiz consistent with people who complain of little to no loneliness in their life at present.

Congratulations for feeling connected with others in your life!”

I cherish my alone time immensely. I still feel connected to everyone I care about, even if we don’t engage often, etc. Doesn’t really change for me. Once you’re in, you’re in. And if I feel I need to reach out & come back empty handed, I have this strong baseline faith in the bonds with the people in my life, that keeps me from feeling lonely. Even if they aren’t immediately available, I know we care for one another. Often, that’s enough.

Loneliness for me, in the sharpest sense, only occurs when I’m invested in an unhealthy friendship/relationship. It’s limited to that specific person. The loneliness of a failing connection, I guess. The realization that the sense of mutual understanding or value wasn’t quite as solid as it seemed, can be jarring. It serves as an emotional cue to address the issues, &/or exit, if need be. It’s extremely infrequent, now. It’s been many years since I’ve felt that way at all. Over time one becomes more careful with their emotional investments, I guess.

There’s a certain kind of loneliness that comes with grieving the dead, but I feel like that’s not usually what people are referring to when they discuss loneliness. I do what I can not to feed that feeling, personally. I prefer to focus on the life than the loss. In that sense, they are still with me.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
You scored a total of 27

Moderate Loneliness

Norexan

Quetzalcoatl
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
Instinctual Variant
sp
You scored a total of 24

Moderate Loneliness

You answered this quiz consistent with people who are suffering from moderate loneliness.

Moderate Loneliness: 25

I don't feel extremely lonely anymore. When you come to the realization that nobody will ever know who you really are deep down, it somehow makes me feel less alone.
It's very freeing.

I also am super introverted, so I don't usually feel like I need to be around people often. I can see an extrovert being really affected by this if they are often alone though. I love being alone. ♥

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Moderate Loneliness: 25 I don't feel extremely lonely anymore. When you come to the realization that nobody will ever know who you really are deep down, it somehow makes me feel less alone. It's very freeing. I also am super introverted, so I don't usually feel like I need to be around people often. I can see an extrovert being really affected by this if they are often alone though. I love being alone. ♥
Most of the questions I answered with the idea of being around people. Being introverted, Im drained by interaction yet will simultaneously feel lonely from the interaction because there’s no feeling of connection. I have the “outsider” feeling.
I feel less alone when actually alone. For instance, I will mainly feel I have no one to talk to when in a group of people. It will appear that everyone else easily connects (probably not true).
I dont know if anyone wont ever know me deep down.... I think some people have known me or know me pretty well. Those people I feel close to are ones I can be very emotionally honest with and of course vulnerability helps develop intimacy. Certainly they don’t know my every thought, but I don’t think that’s necessary (or even desirable).

Most of the questions I answered with the idea of being around people. Being introverted, Im drained by interaction yet will simultaneously feel lonely from the interaction because there’s no feeling of connection. I have the “outsider” feeling.
I feel less alone when actually alone. For instance, I will mainly feel I have no one to talk to when in a group of people. It will appear that everyone else easily connects (probably not true).
I dont know if anyone wont ever know me deep down.... I think some people have known me or know me pretty well. Those people I feel close to are ones I can be very emotionally honest with and of course vulnerability helps develop intimacy. Certainly they don’t know my every thought, but I don’t think that’s necessary (or even desirable).

Yeah, I did take introversion into account on some of the questions. I do feel the loneliest myself when I actually am among other people. I spend a lot of time by myself though, so that's probably why I don't feel so alone anymore, and also by knowing that there are other people who can relate to feeling alienated too. I also am a 4, so I know that outsider feeling a little too well. I don't connect well with almost everyone I encounter, but in real life especially, even with my own family for the most part. So yes, in that way I do feel lonely, but I don't really care anymore for some reason. I just accept it now, even embrace it. I don't know, somehow I'm just not really bothered by it anymore. :shrug:

27 Moderate loneliness

I can hang out with others for limited periods of time but I always find myself longing for alone time. Then inevitably the need for alone time is replaced with wanting to be around others. And so the pendulum swings. It can make a romantic relationship a real bitch to balance.

EnnisPreit

MBTI Type
°Nt
30 Oh yes guys look! I’m extremely lonely. I’m partially to blame though. I don’t like having boring friends or fake relationships. I acquire aquantainces easily. But I don’t understand “friends” I guess. How is would you define a friend?
I couldnt habe described myself any better.