• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

16personalities.com - MBTI Test (2017)

What do you think of this MBTI Test?

• It is good!

Votes: 14 33.3%
  • It is decent.

Votes: 18 42.9%
  • Iti is bad!

Votes: 10 23.8%

• Total voters

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
ENFP - T

76% Extroverted
51% Intuitive
71% Feeling
73% Prospecting
60% Turbulent

I'm not surprised. Dichotomy tests always say I'm an ENFP. :wacko:

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
DEBATER (ENTP-T)
93% Extrovert
71% Intuitive
66% Thinking
94% Prospecting
55% Turbulent

I can't stand 16Personalities because despite having the most visually appealing MBTI (well... if you could call it that) quiz out there, it's Humanmetrics level stupid. I can't even tell what half of these questions are supposed to be measuring.

"You feel superior to other people."
"You often feel as if you have to justify yourself to other people."
"You are often envious of others."
"If the room is full, you stay closer to the walls, avoiding the center." (What does this mean and why is it on every single bad MBTI quiz?)

Not sure what point it proves, but when you chose Strongly Agree to everything, you get ISFP-T. I believe previous iterations of this test would've resulted in ESFJ-T if you did this, but I might be wrong. And funny enough, if you put Strongly Disagree to everything, you get ISFP-A. So how does that work? 16 types and then the letter at the end is a functional mirror, resulting in 32 types? In that case, why isn't one of these ISFPs being compared to ESFJs or ENTJs? The type table on the information page sort of does this by comparing each ISFP type to the ISTP type of the same last letter (for some reason), but not the description for the type itself. By the way, who the actual fuck is scoring sensor on these biased N v S questions? Any question involving Si is all "I hate fun because fun is new".

On one hand, 16personalities is a god awful place to learn about MBTI. But on the other, it's not trying to be MBTI. It's just using the same core concepts and typing conventions with a watered down twist. I don't think this test is trying to be good as much as it's trying to be the user friendliest and the easiest to digest, which they aren't failing at. Doesn't stop it from being terrible in my eyes.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
DEBATER (ENTP-T)
93% Extrovert
71% Intuitive
66% Thinking
94% Prospecting
55% Turbulent

I can't stand 16Personalities because despite having the most visually appealing MBTI (well... if you could call it that) quiz out there, it's Humanmetrics level stupid. I can't even tell what half of these questions are supposed to be measuring.

"You feel superior to other people."
"You often feel as if you have to justify yourself to other people."
"You are often envious of others."
"If the room is full, you stay closer to the walls, avoiding the center." (What does this mean and why is it on every single bad MBTI quiz?)

Not sure what point it proves, but when you chose Strongly Agree to everything, you get ISFP-T. I believe previous iterations of this test would've resulted in ESFJ-T if you did this, but I might be wrong. And funny enough, if you put Strongly Disagree to everything, you get ISFP-A. So how does that work? 16 types and then the letter at the end is a functional mirror, resulting in 32 types? In that case, why isn't one of these ISFPs being compared to ESFJs or ENTJs? The type table on the information page sort of does this by comparing each ISFP type to the ISTP type of the same last letter (for some reason), but not the description for the type itself. By the way, who the actual fuck is scoring sensor on these biased N v S questions? Any question involving Si is all "I hate fun because fun is new".

On one hand, 16personalities is a god awful place to learn about MBTI. But on the other, it's not trying to be MBTI. It's just using the same core concepts and typing conventions with a watered down twist. I don't think this test is trying to be good as much as it's trying to be the user friendliest and the easiest to digest, which they aren't failing at. Doesn't stop it from being terrible in my eyes.

I did write about this before, but...apparently 16 Personalities doesn't even follow the MBTI correctly - they're using the Big Five instead. It really isn't that accurate of a quiz.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I did write about this before, but...apparently 16 Personalities doesn't even follow the MBTI correctly - they're using the Big Five instead. It really isn't that accurate of a quiz.

It's this hybrid of MBTI, Big Five, and Temperaments. The explanation page argues that this ensures a more accurate profile while watering down all three systems.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
It's this hybrid of MBTI, Big Five, and Temperaments. The explanation page argues that this ensures a more accurate profile while watering down all three systems.

Still, if they're going to do that, why call it an MBTI test in the first place? Why not call it their own special system of testing personalities instead of muddying the waters for people?

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
16personalities is one of the shittiest MBTI tests out there, and they are trying to imitate big5 with their -a/-t which is quite ridiculous. -a/-t clearly doesn't fit well in MBTI theory. They are just adding a word to a complex system without redesigning the whole thing, turning it into a nonsense.
I think they are so popular because the test is short, the questions are rather simple and the site is well built and have a good layout, all these factors attracts people who don't want to take a long test, read big sentences or think too much before answering. If it was not for these factors, I don't see why they would be so popular having such a poor test. Furthermore, their type descriptions are based more on stereotypes than in anything else.

Korvinagor

Cyber Strider
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
16personalities is one of the shittiest MBTI tests out there, and they are trying to imitate big5 with their -a/-t which is quite ridiculous. -a/-t clearly doesn't fit well in MBTI theory. They are just adding a word to a complex system without redesigning the whole thing, turning it into a nonsense.
I think they are so popular because the test is short, the questions are rather simple and the site is well built and have a good layout, all these factors attracts people who don't want to take a long test, read big sentences or think too much before answering. If it was not for these factors, I don't see why they would be so popular having such a poor test. Furthermore, their type descriptions are based more on stereotypes than in anything else.

When you type in 'MBTI Test', guess what the first result is on Google? That's right, 16 Personalities.

If people really wanted to know their MBTI type, they'd read up about it rather than just listening to an online test.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
When you type in 'MBTI Test', guess what the first result is on Google? That's right, 16 Personalities.

If people really wanted to know their MBTI type, they'd read up about it rather than just listening to an online test.

Yes. I'm yet to find a really accurate MBTI test, even the official one has many flaws. I think the better are the ones who takes the cognitive functions into account, like similar minds or keys2cognition, still, they are flawed.
The only way to truly know your type is to dig deep in MBTI theory, cognitions and the nuances of the 16 types. Then you can, with some level of accuracy, find your type.

IndigoViolet11

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
1w9
Well, they put emphasis on the behavior rather than the underlying fundamental but I won't dismiss their work, which might be of use for knowing more about me.

I got ISTP. And from the things I do and how I act in everyday life outside, maybe that is how people look at me, as I hardly talk nor initiate any spiritual topics nor topics that are of an abstract nature, and both my mom and dad are S types.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Your personality type is:
Protagonist (ENFJ-A)

With vision and determination, nothing is impossible.

61% Extraverted
88% Intuitive
61% Feeling
72% Judging
77% Assertive

Protagonist Personality (ENFJ, -A/-T)

Everything you do right now ripples outward and affects everyone. Your posture can shine your heart or transmit anxiety. Your breath can radiate love or muddy the room in depression. Your glance can awaken joy. Your words can inspire freedom. Your every act can open hearts and minds.

Protagonists are natural-born leaders, full of passion and charisma. Forming around two percent of the population, they are oftentimes our politicians, our coaches and our teachers, reaching out and inspiring others to achieve and to do good in the world. With a natural confidence that begets influence, Protagonists take a great deal of pride and joy in guiding others to work together to improve themselves and their community.

People are drawn to strong personalities, and Protagonists radiate authenticity, concern and altruism, unafraid to stand up and speak when they feel something needs to be said. They find it natural and easy to communicate with others, especially in person, and their Intuitive (N) trait helps people with the Protagonist personality type to reach every mind, be it through facts and logic or raw emotion. Protagonists easily see people’s motivations and seemingly disconnected events, and are able to bring these ideas together and communicate them as a common goal with an eloquence that is nothing short of mesmerizing.

The interest Protagonists have in others is genuine, almost to a fault – when they believe in someone, they can become too involved in the other person’s problems, place too much trust in them. Luckily, this trust tends to be a self-fulfilling prophecy, as Protagonists’ altruism and authenticity inspire those they care about to become better themselves. But if they aren’t careful, they can overextend their optimism, sometimes pushing others further than they’re ready or willing to go.

Protagonists are vulnerable to another snare as well: they have a tremendous capacity for reflecting on and analyzing their own feelings, but if they get too caught up in another person’s plight, they can develop a sort of emotional hypochondria, seeing other people’s problems in themselves, trying to fix something in themselves that isn’t wrong. If they get to a point where they are held back by limitations someone else is experiencing, it can hinder Protagonists’ ability to see past the dilemma and be of any help at all. When this happens, it’s important for Protagonists to pull back and use that self-reflection to distinguish between what they really feel, and what is a separate issue that needs to be looked at from another perspective.

Protagonists are genuine, caring people who talk the talk and walk the walk, and nothing makes them happier than leading the charge, uniting and motivating their team with infectious enthusiasm.​

At least halfway on target, as most ENFJ descriptions are for me.

The labeling of Perceiving as Prospecting is something that every MBTI/JCF resource, ever, should adopt.

Pretty pictures, too.

MyCupOfTea

MBTI Type
INxP
Again, infps are portrayed as some kind of etheric, fairy-like, rosy-glassed, above-the-mundane, goody two-shoes creatures.
:doh:

No.

N2H

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
I got INFJ-T, which matches what I've been given from other tests, and I'm glad it did otherwise I would have been quite confused. :)

Are there any more accurate tests than this, preferably free?

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
INTP-T

96% Introverted
69% Intuitive
59% Thinking
67% Prospecting
55% Turbulent

Role: Analyst
Strategy: Constant Improvement

The Cat

Just a Magic Cat who hangs out at the Crossroads.
Staff member
ESTP
66%
71%
66%
74%

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got INTP - turbulent

I forgot to copy + paste my percentages. But it was a typical test result. I scored high on I and N, moderately high on P, very close on T/F and very close on Assertive/Turbulent. Scoring lower than I normally do on turbulent is good, I guess.

The T/F questions are always most problematic for me and these are some of the worst. Feeling is made to be about emotion and people-focused instead of about value and meaning. And Thinking is made to sound selfish, rude, and lacking empathy. Smart and kind is a false dichotomy.... I can't even believe one question pitted them against each other.

I see how these align with the Big 5 more, but it makes Thinking / Egocentric just sound extra arrogant. I score lower on Agreeableness on the Big 5 too, but there is also bias in the wording on that test, right down to the very names of the dimensions, IMO.

Red Memories

Haunted Echoes
MBTI Type
ESFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol I decided to try this again.

I now got ENTJ!
54% extraverted
70% intuitive
52% thinking