• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Quiz to see how much of your success came from privelege

kyuuei

Emperor/Dictator
MBTI Type
enfp
Enneagram
63/100.

quiz was busted on chrome I had to flick the dust off of the ole internet explorer.

I think the quiz is busted as hell though, with no real definitions. I knew old crotchety soccer moms who would SWEAR up and down that our neighborhood was a 'bad one' ... Although they let their kids walk to the pool and park on their own everyday, we didn't lock up our bikes when we rode them to said pool, there are no bars on anyone's doors or windows, tons of kids lived there and played on the streets without worrying about some hooligan approaching them to try and hook them onto something, etc.

When I brought my east side friends to my neighborhood for the first time ever, they acted like peasants being admitted into a castle or something, marveling at how nice it was that bars weren't on anyone's windows and there was well maintained equipment and roads and such, without a single car on cinderblocks even. To this day, when we go somewhere new, I get just a tinge of the "Should I be here" because they know where they came from... and while I was poor as shit for most of my life (my parents chose to spend all of their money on a nice neighborhood for us to grow up in, grateful forever for that) I still walk into anywhere like I own the damn place vs feeling "do I belong here right now?".

So, a few robberies, car break ins, etc. aside, crime happens everywhere, I would definitely call my neighborhood a good one to grow up in.. even though I know so many people who claimed it wasn't because, hey we don't have x amenity or gates or crazy nice homes or anything like that. Far too subjective the questions being asked.

Plus, taking this quiz, most people are in the mentality of "fuck I don't want to be told I don't work hard" so not only does the quiz have to cater to that mentality, but people are going to answer the questions with that in the background of their head.

I clicked through mostly positive things (always giving the benefit of the doubt if I didn't remember/know, like if I had a good pre-k or not) and still got a 63.

I think we can just say Americans work their asses off despite all of its privileges and let it be.

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
81/100

While hard work contributes to success, each of us have encountered different people, experiences, systems, and services that have helped or hindered our efforts.

Your score of 81 shows you've had much more working against you than in your favor. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.

If your life had a soundtrack, it might include Ain't No Mountain High Enough by Marvin Gaye & Tammi Terrell demonstrating your effort to get where you are today.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
I took this test one time and forget about it. Now it shows up again. So the test said I haven't had much success due to privilege.

I really hate this privilege concept anyhow. Whatever.

Pandemeria

Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
67/100
While hard work contributes to success, each of us have encountered different people, experiences, systems, and services that have helped or hindered our efforts.

Your score of 67 means you've had just about as many things working in your favor as factors you've had to work to overcome. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.

Literally the same as this. ( Twinsies:):) )

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
74/100
Your score of 74 means you've had some factors working for you, but more that you've had to work to overcome.

I had divorced parents and financial struggles growing up.

Yuurei

Noncompliant
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w7
88/100

Your score of 88 shows that to get where you are today, you have faced mostly obstacles and few advantages. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.

If your life had a soundtrack, it might feature I'm STill Standing by Elton John singing your praises for what you've done.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I don't really have any success. :shrug:

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
...I didn't get any social welfare because we just dont have social welfare where I came from. Americans have it better. :shrug:

Your American Dream Score:
84/100

Your score of 84 means you've had so much more working against you than in your favor. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.

If your life had a soundtrack, it might feature Fight Song by Rachel Platten, as a sign of the how hard you’re fighting to make a good life.

rvfvclv

awkward
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
9w8
Your American Dream Score: 67/100

While hard work contributes to success, each of us have encountered different people, experiences, systems, and services that have helped or hindered our efforts. Your score of 67 means you've had just about as many things working in your favor as factors you've had to work to overcome. If your life had a soundtrack, it might include The Climb by Miley Cyrus as a symbol of the hopeful journey you've been on.

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
"Your score of 67 means you've had just about as many things working in your favor as factors you've had to work to overcome."

SurrealisticSlumbers

📠girl in an 🎠world
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I actually took this before and got a 70/100.
It probably has to do with the fact homeschooled graduates aren't represented well. XD or the fact my family is basically barely getting by.

Damn, I was homeschooled too. (Elementary and middle school)

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
67/100

Your score of 67 means you've had just about as many things working in your favor as factors you've had to work to overcome. To see what your score means compared to others, click here.

If your life had a soundtrack, it might include Somewhere Over the Rainbow by Judy Garland as a symbol of the hopeful journey you've been on.

Grew up middle class and parents didn't get divorced

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
74/100

I'm surprised my score isn't lower, but I guess those social aspects ruined my privilege score.