• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Test Your Lie-Q

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Test: Test Your Lie-Q | Liespotting

Most people are no better than chimpanzees at detecting lies. Since we hear as many as 200 lies a day, we live with a hidden problem most of us are unaware of. With training in the fundamentals of deception detection, we can significantly improve our liespotting skills. How much do you know about liespotting? Before you step into real-world situations that demand watchful eyes and ears, test your knowledge with our Lie-Q quiz:

:laugh: Terrible!

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Congratulations - you have completed Test Your Lie-Q.

You score is 17 out of 18.

Your performance have been rated as 'Excellent' and your percentage of correct answers is 94.44

Just a bit disappointed of not having a score of 18/18 :D

EcK

The Memes Justify the End
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

Your performance have been rated as 'Excellent' and your percentage of correct answers is 94.44

Ok. Makes sense. I can smell bullshit from a mile away

- - - Updated - - -

Just a bit disappointed of not having a score of 18/18 :D

Question 12 sucked

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
10-11

satisfactory

reason I put 10-11 is because on one answer I was thinking they could either be twisting the question and thus only say parts of it or say the whole thing to buy themselves time.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
10-11

satisfactory

reason I put 10-11 is because on one answer I was thinking they could either be twisting the question and thus only say parts of it or say the whole thing to buy themselves time.
Some quesrions were a tad vague or open to interpretation - agreed. It usually works out if you answer while assuming the test maker is an idiot incapable of nuanced thought

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Totally agree lol :D What did you answer to this one ?
Well i dont want to spoil

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Some quesrions were a tad vague or open to interpretation - agreed. It usually works out if you answer while assuming the test maker is an idiot incapable of nuanced thought

Yes they were vague. Sending my Ti into over analysis to put out more variables than needed.:dry:

Question 12 sucked

Question 12 confused me.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

You score is 12 out of 18.

Your performance have been rated as 'Competent' and your percentage of correct answers is 66.67

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
A deceptive person will avoid direct eye contact with you when asked a question:

i have asperger's, sharon

False. Perhaps the biggest myth about liars is that they avoid direct eye contact. The reality is that many liars engage in even more eye contact than the average person, because they know it will help them “sell” their story. take pride in their ability to maintain eye contact. In a study about deceit by psychologist Ralph Exline, lying subjects who described themselves as “high Machiavellians” reveled in staring contests with their accusers.

OH NICE

You score is 10 out of 18.

Your performance have been rated as 'Satisfactory' and your percentage of correct answers is 55.56

Learn smthing new each day.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
A deceptive person will avoid direct eye contact with you when asked a question:

i have asperger's, sharon

False. Perhaps the biggest myth about liars is that they avoid direct eye contact. The reality is that many liars engage in even more eye contact than the average person, because they know it will help them “sell” their story. take pride in their ability to maintain eye contact. In a study about deceit by psychologist Ralph Exline, lying subjects who described themselves as “high Machiavellians” reveled in staring contests with their accusers.

OH NICE

You score is 10 out of 18.

Your performance have been rated as 'Satisfactory' and your percentage of correct answers is 55.56

Learn smthing new each day.

Well the thing with this question is that a 'good liar' will look you in the eye. yes.
But we've all seen kids, cheating girlfriends and teachers trying to justify your grade by something else than 'I don't like you' acting evasive and not looking ppl in the eyes when lying. So while I 'understood' what they meant it seems a bit too 'black and white'.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
Test: Test Your Lie-Q | Liespotting

Most people are no better than chimpanzees at detecting lies. Since we hear as many as 200 lies a day, we live with a hidden problem most of us are unaware of. With training in the fundamentals of deception detection, we can significantly improve our liespotting skills. How much do you know about liespotting? Before you step into real-world situations that demand watchful eyes and ears, test your knowledge with our Lie-Q quiz:

:laugh: Terrible!

Could I interest you in a pyramid scheme business opportunity

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
Well the thing with this question is that a 'good liar' will look you in the eye. yes.
But we've all seen kids, cheating girlfriends and teachers trying to justify your grade by something else than 'I don't like you' acting evasive and not looking ppl in the eyes when lying. So while I 'understood' what they meant it seems a bit too 'black and white'.

I've looked at people in the eyes while lying. It worked very well :D

My normal mode is not looking at people in the eyes because it's flat out distracting when I want to get a point across. It makes people distrust me even though all of these ought to be highly context specific. :shrug:

For example, astute teachers often observe that a student with autism "looks out the window all the time, just doesn't appear to be paying attention at all, but then can tell me everything I said." It appears likely that the described student has difficulty with coordinating listening and looking behaviors and, perhaps, with receiving and processing information coming in from multiple sensory channels. Insisting that he make eye contact might well render him unable to take in and store auditory input. Or... he may be able to coordinate looking and listening in some situations but not in others. Should We Insist on Eye Contact with People who have Autism Spectrum Disorders

...nooooo typoc stop doubleposting ;_;

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
For example, astute teachers often observe that a student with autism "looks out the window all the time, just doesn't appear to be paying attention at all, but then can tell me everything I said." It appears likely that the described student has difficulty with coordinating listening and looking behaviors and, perhaps, with receiving and processing information coming in from multiple sensory channels. Insisting that he make eye contact might well render him unable to take in and store auditory input. Or... he may be able to coordinate looking and listening in some situations but not in others. Should We Insist on Eye Contact with People who have Autism Spectrum Disorders

Yeah, that just seems like a teacher unwilling to accept that his course might be boring as fuck to some people.

EcK

MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram

WHAT? :laugh:

the whole 'repeating what the teacher said word for word' despite doing something else would happen to me regularly throughout my education. I was just bored out of my mind, it wasn't some brain dysfunction.

Agent Washington

Softserve Ice Cream
WHAT? :laugh:

the whole 'repeating what the teacher said word for word' despite doing something else would happen to me regularly throughout my education. I was just bored out of my mind, it wasn't some brain dysfunction.

Very insightful.

rav3n

17 out of 18 (94.44) and only because I misread the first question. Doh!

Siúil a Rúin

when the colors fade
MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I got 13 out of 18, but it does sound like a quiz made by an undergrad taking a psychology class. It is very textbook in conception. In my life experience I would say that the manner in which people lie is varied. The presence or absence of emotion is one great example. Some people lie with an air of objectivity and show no emotions. Others bawl their eyes out in complete fake expression. Others provide nuanced and complex expression of emotion. Vocal nuance is similarly varied in the expression of falsehood.

Except for standard fraud tactics used by scam artists, I typically need to get a baseline reading of the person before I can tell if they are lying. One principle I tend to use is observing certain kinds of inconsistencies and words and behaviors going between extreme states, but that also takes a lot of time and observation to detect. I think lying is as varied as any other form of communication.