• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Creativity Test

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
40. It felt more like a mbti test than a creativity test, particularly S/N.

Last edited:

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
47 but this isn't true creativity this is more how good at you at solving problems?

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx

Creativity is one of your strengths, and innovative and creative minds are highly sought after. So don't hide your ability! Look for ways to share your creativity process with others. Engage colleagues and teammates in creative pursuits, and promote creativity in your team and organization. And remember that you can always be more creative – so use the tools and discussion below to fulfill your creative potential! (Read below to start.)

CitizenErased

Clean Slate
I scored 65%

Do you think this can at least somewhat represent one's creativity?

I believe an important amount of the statements have nothing to do with creativity, more like the one who made the test assumed creativity equals randomness and having ideas "out of nowhere", all the time. It might be like that, but not always. Here are some that caught my interest:

Creative people should specialize in coming up with lots of ideas. Other people should then implement these. Being creative can't be turned on and off, so they can't say "I need to have 250 good ideas by the end of the day". Also, X creative person may be really selfish and prefer to keep their invention to their own/make money with it. Also, creativity comes in a lot of forms, so some of the ideas can't be implemented (this would refer to a more socially responsible kind of... designer, I guess).

When I'm coming up with ideas, I find myself using phrases like "we can't" or "we don't." This is just my idea, but I believe creativity is not pretending there are no boundaries/impediments, but it's how you sort them. If you want to design a crazy useless piece of furniture, you can't pretend gravity doesn't exist. You have all the "we can't" rules, and you use them to your favour.

I'm busy. As soon as I have a good idea, I move forward with implementation. Maybe we're talking of a very confident creative person? The time used in the process seems irrelevant. Up to modern art, the final product is what matters, in post-modern art, is the idea that inspired it.

I gather information from a wide variety of sources to stay current with what's happening in my field of work. I think that believing creativity comes from nowhere (that inspiration comes from the inside, or whatever) is saying that creative people are to normal people as Tarzan is to civilized people. The same way you understand what a chair is by seeing many chairs and then understanding a weirdly warped piece of steel can be a chair, you need an inventory/archive of things inside your head in order to produce something new by combining them in a new way.

I often ignore good ideas because I don't have the resources to implement them. Da Vinci built a parachute, and it didn't work. After centuries, people tried building it with the proper cloths and it worked. You either do your best with what you have, or you don't, or find a way to find the resources.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Your creativity is a "work in progress." You've had some successes, so now it's time to let loose and stretch yourself. Share your ideas and perspectives with others, and ask them how they view problems. Adopt a collaborative approach to problem finding, and work actively with others to create and innovate.