User Tag List

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: Breckenridge Type Indicator

3w2 so

Quote Originally Posted by Jack Flak View Post
    Propose confining entropie to "drunk" thread LOL.
    [YOUTUBE="cx-t9Q_btHs"]The Drunk Blitzer xD[/YOUTUBE]
    Johari / Nohari

"How dreadful!" cried Lord Henry. "I can stand brute force, but brute reason is quite unbearable. There is something unfair about its use. It is hitting below the intellect."
    ~ Oscar Wilde - The picture of Dorian Gray

Quote Originally Posted by ygolo View Post
    I'm having a really hard time getting to the "essence" of this enneagram thing.

I read the descriptions (both from the enneagram institute, and the report I got from Breckenridge. I could commit that information to memory if I wanted. The MBTI comes down to a few small essential things (and those things are arbritrary in the model), but the Enneagram starts with an awful lot of seemingly arbritrary stuff.

Even if this were an empirical model, it doesn't seem fit for human use--maybe a computer simulation, but I don't see direct practical applications for simulation (even is they were accurate).

Supposedly (according to the BTI has been validated. I don't know what that means.

EDIT: Mine was only 12 pages long.
    One of the "guys" from worked on the validation of the Breckenridge He does know his stats, so I'm sure they did something right.

But...the best practical use I've seen is PAt Wyman's counseling applications. She works mostly with codependent women. MBTI is healthy behavior. Enneagram is our defense system. She helps women start to recognize when they're using the latter--perfectionism as in "If I do everything right he'll stop abusing me..." or optimism as in "THere' sno reason to take action 'cause it'll all work out..."

When they can see their natural trap, she gives them strategies to use their MBTI type strengths to get out of them. It's really powerful.

It made so much sense to me compared to other Enneagram stuf I'd seen, and especially explained why I don't fall into the perfectionist traps one often reads about for INFJs...

.~ *aĉa virino* ~. Array Totenkindly's Avatar
    549 sx/sp
    LII Ni

Quote Originally Posted by booyalab View Post
    The link directs you to enter your name and email, then you wait for the invitation. Then you answer 19 pages of questions. Then you wait for your results...all for a glorified enneagram test result.

I'm getting a broken link on the BI site. Either the code crashed, the database died, or they figured out that people were taking the test without paying and killed it.
    "Hey Capa -- We're only stardust." ~ "Sunshine"

“Pleasure to me is wonder—the unexplored, the unexpected, the thing that is hidden and the changeless thing that lurks behind superficial mutability. To trace the remote in the immediate; the eternal in the ephemeral; the past in the present; the infinite in the finite; these are to me the springs of delight and beauty.” ~ H.P. Lovecraft