• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Breckenridge Type Indicator

edcoaching

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
I'm having a really hard time getting to the "essence" of this enneagram thing.

I read the descriptions (both from the enneagram institute, and the report I got from Breckenridge. I could commit that information to memory if I wanted. The MBTI comes down to a few small essential things (and those things are arbritrary in the model), but the Enneagram starts with an awful lot of seemingly arbritrary stuff.

Even if this were an empirical model, it doesn't seem fit for human use--maybe a computer simulation, but I don't see direct practical applications for simulation (even is they were accurate).

Supposedly (according to 16-types.com) the BTI has been validated. I don't know what that means.

EDIT: Mine was only 12 pages long.

One of the "guys" from 16-types.com worked on the validation of the Breckenridge :) He does know his stats, so I'm sure they did something right.

But...the best practical use I've seen is PAt Wyman's counseling applications. She works mostly with codependent women. MBTI is healthy behavior. Enneagram is our defense system. She helps women start to recognize when they're using the latter--perfectionism as in "If I do everything right he'll stop abusing me..." or optimism as in "THere' sno reason to take action 'cause it'll all work out..."

When they can see their natural trap, she gives them strategies to use their MBTI type strengths to get out of them. It's really powerful.

It made so much sense to me compared to other Enneagram stuf I'd seen, and especially explained why I don't fall into the perfectionist traps one often reads about for INFJs...

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The link directs you to enter your name and email, then you wait for the invitation. Then you answer 19 pages of questions. Then you wait for your results...all for a glorified enneagram test result.

I'm getting a broken link on the BI site. Either the code crashed, the database died, or they figured out that people were taking the test without paying and killed it.