• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Most Valid Personality Test That Is Free?

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I am planning to do an extensive statistics project in which I get a random sample of Duke students and have them take a Meyers-Briggs test along with the survey (where they answer questions such as.. are you in a fraternity? what's your gender? where are your from?) and I'm going to compare results and see what comes up. I'm just hoping for a high response rate.. lol.

Which free MBTI test would you recommend?
Here are two tests I like.
This one is harder to skew because there's 3 choices for each question.
Discordia Inc.
This is a longer test which I think provides greater opportunity for accuracy.
Humanmetrics

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
aww
now it say i am an INFP-wrong
i a sad panda now

Salomé

meh
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Here are two tests I like.
This one is harder to skew because there's 3 choices for each question.
Discordia Inc.

Thanks Mom, I haven't seen that one before.
I'm so skewed, I come out INTP even when I'm trying to F!

Mondo

Welcome to Sunnyside
MBTI Type
EsTP
Enneagram
6w7
This hasn't been proven with Humanmetrics but I heard that a very high proportion of people test as Intuitive rather than Sensor.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
This hasn't been proven with Humanmetrics but I heard that a very high proportion of people test as Intuitive rather than Sensor.

I am an INTJ if I went by humanmetrics.

:ninja:

INTJMom

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
I am an INTJ if I went by humanmetrics.

:ninja:
Since the tests aren't really scientific, and even ones administered by a professional can be wrong, it's probably good to get a consensus over a wide period time, since even your answers can be influenced by the way you're feeling about yourself at any given time.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Since the tests aren't really scientific, and even ones administered by a professional can be wrong, it's probably good to get a consensus over a wide period time, since even your answers can be influenced by the way you're feeling about yourself at any given time.

Yes, I agree. And this is exactly why I have a bit of a problem with mbti. :)

It's all about how you perceive yourself when you're taking a test.
In my early 20's, I always tested as INTJ (the humanmetrics test, as well as a few others), and I must admit I related to the type descriptions. I didn't see myself as an NF at all during that time.

I don't relate to the NT temperament anymore. But I think it does raise an interesting question -- was I more deluded about myself then, or am I moreso now? How does one decide?

Personally I don't think it's a self-awareness issue, just a matter of growth, maturity, and gaining more life experience. And, I'm starting to realize there aren't any positive ramifications as far as self-growth goes for me to be able to assign myself to a certain type -- because at this point, I don't think it really matters. I'm still Me, whatever type that is. I think mbti is more useful for other people who wish to categorize me a certain way, and for myself to categorize others. Kinda a hobby. And certainly there ARE noticeable ways you can categorize others, and behavioral patterns - so the concept is a natural one.

I think with mbti though, it's easy to shift our whole self-perception around a description, and explain our tendencies/behaviors based on that description. We explain ourselves based on how we're 'supposed' to be acting, based on our description and type theory, vs. how we might actually BE. Perhaps throwing aside or not mentioning things about ourselves that don't really line up with theory. Fitting ourselves to a theory, rather than assessing the theory itself.

ezfzx

MBTI Type
INTJ
you thought wrong - that test sucks
many agree for level-headed reasons

I'm trying to support or refute validation of that instrument ... do you have some sources I can look up that explain why it sucks? :)

Thursday

Earth Exalted
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
8w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I'm trying to support or refute validation of that instrument ... do you have some sources I can look up that explain why it sucks? :)

The principle that it is the cognitive functions themselves that make up the acronym for your type, not the reverse. Its lazy to say that "I'm an E" or "You're an F". The more complete way to do it is to say "I'm a Te dom" etc. Do you see what I'm getting at? Its like jogging across the street so the light doesn't change on you, but then you walk half-way to your destination.