• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

My take on an Enneagram Tritype test. Check it out, please?

Rouskyrie

(Posting this here, in hopes to get feedback.)

When I discovered the Enneagram, I became extremely interested in it and was disappointed to find that there wasn't very many options for tritype tests, so I decided to make an attempt to create one. It's not perfect, but it's a start, I suppose. Please, if you can spare some time, answer and leave some suggestions/constructive criticism.

Part 1-A - traits;
Choose the set of traits that are most like you.
After that, choose a second and third set of traits that are the next most similar to you.
Then state which are somewhat similar and which are nothing like you.

A.) Traits: Strong Willed, Decisive, Tough Minded, Domineering, Controlling, Aggressive.
B.) Traits: Analytical, Knowledgeable, Observant, Detached, Isolated, Nihilistic.
C.) Traits: Unique, Emotional, Creative, Self-Absorbed, Self-Deprecating, Self Conscious.
D.) Traits: Easygoing, Trusting, Conciliatory, Self-Effacing, Escapist, Passive Aggressive.
E.) Traits: Empathetic, Altruistic, Sentimental, People-Pleasing, Manipulative, Victimizing.
F.) Traits: Ambitious,Energetic, Self-Assured, Scheming, Narcissistic, Monomaniacal.
G.) Traits: Loyal, Practical, Trustworthy, Fearful, Distrustful, Defensive.
H.) Traits: Moralistic, Perfectionistic, Self-Disciplined, Self-Righteous, Critical, Obsessive.
I.) Traits: Future Oriented, Extroverted, Open Minded, Compulsive, Reluctant, Arrogant.

Most like me (1):

Second most similar (1):

Third most similar (1):

Somewhat similar:

Nothing like me:

Part 1-B - Fears;
Choose which fears most apply to you, (Major) which fears slightly apply, (Intermediate) and which fears you feel you don't experience (Seemingly nonexistent).

A.) The fear of deprivation and pain;
"My needs will not be met by others, so I must pursue them alone."
"I must run away from pain, sadness and helplessness."

B.) The fear of lacking a unique, significant identity;
"I must prove my uniqueness to others."
"I would be worthless and unlovable if I was average."

C.) The fear of being evil or corrupt;
"I must be good in a world filled with corruption."
"I fear that I am corrupt, so I must always strive towards good to prove myself wrong."

D.) The fear of being harmed or controlled by others;
"I strive to become strong and independent."
"I fear being betrayed, controlled or violated, so I must remain in control."

E.) The fear of being unloved or unwanted by others;
"I strive to be loved and wanted by those around me."
"I fear there is nothing lovable about myself, so I must help others in order to earn love."

F.) The fear of loss and separation from others;
"I strive to maintain internal and external harmony."
"I fear I will become disconnected from others, so I must create harmony to ensure they remain in my life."

G.) The fear of being unaccomplished and worthless;
"I strive to achieve success, it is a measure of my own worth."
"I fear that I am worthless and undesirable without my achievements."

H.) The fear of being helpless and inadequate;
"I strive to become knowledgeable in all areas of my interest."
"I fear that I may become incapable of dealing with the world, so I must learn more to feel competent."

I.) The fear of being without support or guidance;
"I strive to find support and guidance from people around me."
"I fear I am incapable of surviving on my own, so I must find support/direction from others."

Guiding fears (Major) (3):

Secondary fears (Intermediate):

Nonexistent fears:

Part 2 - Problem Emotions;
Each of the Enneagram types has a way of dealing with their "problem emotion".
Those three emotions are Anger, Shame and Fear. Everyone deals with all three, but certain types pertain to one more than the other two.
Types within the Instinctive triad (8, 9 and 1) correspond with Anger.
Types within the Heart triad (2, 3 and 4) correspond with Shame.
Types within the Fear triad (5, 6 and 7) correspond with Fear.

But how do you express Anger, Shame and Fear?

A.) Externalized anger: Openly displayed anger.
B.) Repressed anger: Avoidance of showing anger openly, but it sometimes manifests as passive-aggressiveness.
C.) Internalized anger: Harshly criticizing one's self. May also appear as judgmental tendencies.

A.) Externalized shame: Openly displays shame. May manifest as constantly needing approval or positive feedback.
B.) Repressed shame: Avoidance of shame. May manifest as trying to prove yourself to avoid the shame that you feel.
C.) Internalized shame: Keeping shame to yourself. May manifest as failure to believe anyone can understand your pain.

A.) Externalized fear: Expresses fear openly by displaying paranoia through hoarding, (Information, possessions) as well as detachment.
B.) Repressed fear: Avoidance of showing fear. May manifest as surrounding yourself with safety/security and suspiciousness of the unknown.
C.) Internalized fear: Keeping fear to yourself. May manifest as engaging in fun activities to avoid facing the fear contained within.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I am pretty sure you've made another tritype test that I've tried out, but here are my thoughts on this one. This is a really great baseline tritype test, especially if it is supposed to be administered on paper. Though, I feel like it would only be good on people unfamiliar with the concept. It's headed in the right direction, but I can tell my instinctual variant will alter the results (specifically in the gut department). I also wouldn't recommend having the final bit asking how you express anger, fear, and shame without multiple layers of elaboration. It could confuse people into thinking one or the other. (Again, focusing on the anger portion and how subjective all three options can be.)

Other than those few minor things, I think tritype tests should have a skeleton that matches this. More questions and more detailed options are the only things that need to be added. Just try not to sacrifice subtlety for detail.

My answers on sections with no limit are in order of most to least like me.

Part 1A - Traits
Most like me (1):
I

Second most similar (1):
E

Third most similar (1):
F

Somewhat similar:
A, D, C

Nothing like me:
B, G, H

Part 1B - Fears
E, G, C

H, I, F, A

Nonexistent fears:
B, D

Externalized Anger, Externalized Shame, Internalized Fear.

Hyperlallx

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Part 1-A - traits;
After that, choose a second and third set of traits that are the next most similar to you.

Most like me (1):
B.) Traits: Analytical, Knowledgeable, Observant, Detached, Isolated, Nihilistic.

Second most similar (1):
C.) Traits: Unique, Emotional, Creative, Self-Absorbed, Self-Deprecating, Self Conscious.

Third most similar (1):
F.) Traits: Ambitious, Energetic, Self-Assured, Scheming, Narcissistic, Monomaniacal.

Somewhat similar:
A.) Traits: Strong Willed, Decisive, Tough Minded, Domineering, Controlling, Aggressive.
I.) Traits: Future Oriented, Extroverted, Open Minded, Compulsive, Reluctant, Arrogant.

Nothing like me:
E.) Traits: Empathetic, Altruistic, Sentimental, People-Pleasing, Manipulative, Victimizing.
H.) Traits: Moralistic, Perfectionistic, Self-Disciplined, Self-Righteous, Critical, Obsessive.
D.) Traits: Easygoing, Trusting, Conciliatory, Self-Effacing, Escapist, Passive Aggressive.

Part 1-B - Fears;
Choose which fears most apply to you, (Major) which fears slightly apply, (Intermediate) and which fears you feel you don't experience (Seemingly nonexistent).

"I fear that I may become incapable of dealing with the world, so I must learn more to feel competent."

"I fear there is nothing lovable about myself, so I must help others in order to earn love."

Nonexistent fears:
"I fear I am incapable of surviving on my own, so I must find support/direction from others."
"I fear I will become disconnected from others, so I must create harmony to ensure they remain in my life."
"I fear that I am corrupt, so I must always strive towards good to prove myself wrong."

Those three emotions are Anger, Shame and Fear. Everyone deals with all three, but certain types pertain to one more than the other two.

B.) Repressed anger: Avoidance of showing anger openly, but it sometimes manifests as passive-aggressiveness.
C.) Internalized anger: Harshly criticizing one's self. May also appear as judgmental tendencies.

A.) Externalized shame: Openly displays shame. May manifest as constantly needing approval or positive feedback.
B.) Repressed shame: Avoidance of shame. May manifest as trying to prove yourself to avoid the shame that you feel.
C.) Internalized shame: Keeping shame to yourself. May manifest as failure to believe anyone can understand your pain.

A.) Externalized fear: Expresses fear openly by displaying paranoia through hoarding, (information, possessions) as well as detachment.
B.) Repressed fear: Avoidance of showing fear. May manifest as surrounding yourself with safety/security and suspiciousness of the unknown.
C.) Internalized fear: Keeping fear to yourself. May manifest as engaging in fun activities to avoid facing the fear contained within.

Good job with this one! Tritype? c:

Last edited:

Luminous

༻✧✧༺
MBTI Type
Iᑎᖴᑭ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Part 1-A - traits;

Most like me (1): C.)

Second most similar (1): G.)

Third most similar (1): H.)

Somewhat similar: A.) B.) D.) E.) I.)

Nothing like me: F.)

Part 1-B - Fears;

Guiding fears (Major) (3): D.) I.) H.)

Secondary fears (Intermediate): A.) B.) C.) E.) F.)

Nonexistent fears: G.)

Repressed anger

Externalized shame

Externalized fear

My problem with the first part is that I identify with some of the words from some of the categories, but not with other words, so it makes it difficult to narrow them down...

xXxXx_wEltschmErz_xXxXx

the manga was better
I like the structure.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
(Posting this here, in hopes to get feedback.)

When I discovered the Enneagram, I became extremely interested in it and was disappointed to find that there wasn't very many options for tritype tests, so I decided to make an attempt to create one. It's not perfect, but it's a start, I suppose. Please, if you can spare some time, answer and leave some suggestions/constructive criticism.

Part 1-A - traits;

F.) Traits: Ambitious,Energetic, Self-Assured, Scheming, Narcissistic, Monomaniacal.

Most like me (1):

Second most similar (1):

Third most similar (1):

Somewhat similar:
G, H, I, B, A

Nothing like me:

Part 1-B - Fears;

Secondary fears (Intermediate): All the rest

Nonexistent fears:

(lots of shame)

A.) Externalized fear: Expresses fear openly by displaying paranoia through hoarding, (Information, possessions) as well as detachment.

Not a ton of fear, dont relate to any of those descriptions.

Verona

MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp
Part 1-A - traits;

Most like me (1): D

Second most similar (1): E

Third most similar (1): B

Somewhat similar: C, G, H

Nothing like me: A, F

Part 1-B - Fears;

Guiding fears (Major) (3): F H I

Secondary fears (Intermediate): E

Nonexistent fears: A, B, C, D, G

HoneyBlossom

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
PHP:
Part 1-A: traits;
Choose the set of features that you like the most.
After that, choose a second and a third group of traits that are the next most similar to you.
Then indicate which ones are somewhat similar and which ones do not look at all like you.

A.) Traits: strong, determined, hard, dominated, controlling, aggressive.

B.) Traits: Analytical, Informed, Observer, Independent, Isolated, Nihilist.

C.) Traits: Unique, Emotional, Creative, Auto Absorbed, Self-deprecating, Self-conscious.

D.) Traits: Affable, Reliable, Conciliator, Self-assessor, Escapist, Aggressive Passive.

E.) Traits: Empathic, Altruistic, Sentimental, Satisfactory of the People, Manipulator, Victimizing.

F.) Traits: ambitious, energetic, self-sufficient, intriguing, narcissistic, monomaniac.

G.) Traits: loyal, practical, trustworthy, fearful, distrustful, defensive.

H.) Traits: Moralist, Perfectionist, Self-disciplined, Self-justified, Critical, Obsessive.

I.) Features: oriented to the future, extroverted, open-minded, compulsive, reluctant, arrogant.

Most like me (1): C)

Second most similar (1): G)

Third most similar (1): I)

Somewhat similar: D) B) E) A)

Nothing like me: H) F)

Part 1-B: Fears;
Choose which fears apply most to you, (Major) that fears apply lightly, (Intermediate) and that you fear that you do not experience (Apparently nonexistent).

"My needs will not be met by others, so I must chase them alone."
"I must flee from pain, sadness and impotence."

B.) The fear of lacking a unique and significant identity;
"It would be useless and unpleasant if it were average."

"I must be good in a world full of corruption."
"I am afraid that I am corrupt, so I must always strive to achieve good and prove that I am wrong."

D.) The fear of being hurt or controlled by others;
"I strive to be strong and independent."
"I'm afraid they betray me, control me or violate me, so I have to maintain control."

E.) The fear of not being wanted or not wanted by others;
"I strive to be loved and loved by those around me."
"I'm afraid there's nothing nice about myself, so I should help others to win love."

F.) Fear of loss and separation from others;
"I am afraid that I will disconnect from others, so I must create harmony to ensure that they remain in my life."

G.) The fear of being incomplete and without value;
"I strive to achieve success, it's a measure of my own value."
"I fear that I am worth nothing or desire without my achievements."

H.) The fear of being impotent and inadequate;
"I strive to acquire knowledge in all areas of my interest."
"I'm afraid I may be unable to deal with the world, so I must learn more to feel competent."

"I strive to find support and guidance from the people around me."
"I am afraid that I am unable to survive on my own, so I must find support / direction from others."

Guiding fears (Major) (3): G) B) A)

Secondary (Intermediate) fears: C) F) D) E) H)

Nonexisting fears: I)

Part 2 - Problem emotions;
Each of the Enneagram types has a way of dealing with their "problematic emotion".
Those three emotions are anger, shame and fear. All deal with all three, but certain types belong to one more than the other two.
The types within the instinctive triad (8, 9 and 1) correspond to anger.
The types within the Heart triad (2, 3 and 4) correspond to the Shame.
The types within the Fear triad (5, 6 and 7) correspond to Fear.

But how do you express anger, shame and fear?

A.) Externalized anger: anger openly manifested.
B.) Repressed anger: avoid showing anger openly, but sometimes manifests as passive aggressiveness.
C.) Internalized anger: harshly criticizing oneself. It may also appear as judgment tendencies.

Depend of situation but mostly A) and C)

A.) Externalized shame: openly shows shame. It can manifest itself as a constant need for approval or positive comments.
B.) Repressed shame: avoid shame. It can manifest as trying to prove himself to avoid the shame he feels.
C.) Internalized shame: keeping you embarrassed. It can manifest as a failure to believe that someone can understand their pain.

Depend of situation but mostly B) and C)

A.) Externalized fear: Expresses fear openly by showing paranoia through hoarding (information, possessions) as well as detachment.
B.) repressed fear: avoid showing fear. It can manifest itself by surrounding itself with security and distrust of the unknown.
C.) internalized fear: keep fear of yourself. It can manifest itself as participating in fun activities to avoid facing the fear contacted within

Kinda A) and C)

Last edited:

RadicalDoubt

Alongside Questionable Clarity
MBTI Type
TiSi
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
As per usual, well made. I think my only real qualm would be that I can easily identify the answer choices with each enneatype. And perhaps problems could arise with people who pick mostly triad specific choices (ie. all head primarily) since their is no description option

Earl Grey

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
PART 1-A - TRAITS;

PART 1-B - FEARS;

PART 2 - PROBLEM EMOTIONS;

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Part 1-A - traits;

Most like me (1): G​

Second most similar (1): H​

Third most similar (1):I​

Somewhat similar: C​

Nothing like me: F​

Part 1-B - Fears;

Guiding fears (Major) (3): A, D, H​

Secondary fears (Intermediate):G, I, F​

Nonexistent fears:B, C, E​

I like the basis of this more than most tests, very straight forward and easy to answer. Granted most people familiar with Enneagram could figure out which description is of which type, for those less informed it would probably be good to have some type of answer key at the end that explains what your answers mean.​