• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

New Keirsey and Jung Personality Test - REVISED

Jellyfish1234

Result

Your personality type most closely matches that of

Idealist

Based on the answers you have provided to the questions, we are very confident that your four letter type is

INFJ

Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging

The order of preference for your cognitive functions appears to be

Ni > Fe > Ne = Fi > Te > Si > Ti > Se

Since I've recently become pretty confident in being INFJ I guess the test worked correctly for me. Although I did think some of the questions were vague enough that I could have mis-interpreted some of them. I'm also surprised I didn't score higher in Ti. I did take the test last night and got this result instead:

Ni > Ne > Fe > Fi = Ti > Si > Te > Se

With it only saying "somewhat" sure of me being INFJ. I'm not sure which result is more accurate though.

Enneagram
9w1
First time got ISFJ, second time ENTP. Consistent values atleast :3 but this is keirsey /temperaments/, so this typing attempt was a failure. :'(

Purplemoon

MBTI Type
IxFP
Enneagram
5w6
Result:
Idealist
Based on the answers you have provided to the questions, we are very confident that your four letter type is
INFJ
Introverted Intuitive Feeling Judging
Ni > Ne > Fe > Fi = Ti > Si = Se > Te

Eh, I still doubt I'm an INFJ...

OrangeAppled

Sugar Hiccup
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Okay....third time is a charm...I at least got a result that "makes sense", even if not my type.

Rational

ENTP
Extraverted Intuitive Thinking Perceiving

Ne > Ni > Ti > Fi > Te > Se = Fe > Si

As noted, on most cognitive functions test, I score something closer to:
Fi >/= Ne > Ti >/= Ni >> Se > Fe > Te >/= Si

As others have noted, on more than a few questions I felt VERY split on the "most like" answer, although for me, it is very easy to identify the "least like" answer. The answers I felt the most split between were Ti & Fi ones, and sometimes Ne & Ni (although Ne usually edges out Ni). Generic feeling answers will usually not appeal to me as much as generic intuition answers, because Fe taints them :D . And yes, I can tell what answer is supposed to match what function/temperament. I try not to let that influence my choice.

hjgbujhghg

I am
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INFP

Fi > Ni > Ne > Fe > Se = Ti > Si = Te

Interesting test.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Okay....third time is a charm...I at least got a result that "makes sense", even if not my type.

Rational

ENTP

As others have noted, on more than a few questions I felt VERY split on the "most like" answer, although for me, it is very easy to identify the "least like" answer. The answers I felt the most split between were Ti & Fi ones, and sometimes Ne & Ni (although Ne usually edges out Ni). Generic feeling answers will usually not appeal to me as much as generic intuition answers, because Fe taints them :D . And yes, I can tell what answer is supposed to match what function/temperament. I try not to let that influence my choice.

I have noticed a few flaws on this thing as I've continued to analyze the results:

1. It seems not uncommon that a person will have very high scores for both their dominant and auxiliary function. Sometimes the auxiliary function will have a higher score. Let's say I'm an INTJ with very strong Te. I could come out as Te being stronger than Ni and my results could lead towards an ENTJ result. Similar cases lead to ENTP vs. INTP, ENFP vs. INFP or ESFJ vs. ISFJ, etc. In my case, Ni and Te came out tied but some logic that looked at where Fi fell in the stack led to the INTJ result. One person who took it had Fe and Si tied but Ti came out 8th in their function ordering leading to an ESFJ result :shock:. My idea for addressing this problem is to enhance the test to score Introversion vs. Extraversion and include that as a third factor vs. relying so much on the cognitive function ordering in the results.

2. It seems like there is an opportunity to refine some of the questions. People are getting very high scores on both Ne and Ni which seems to indicate that there isn't enough differentiation between the questions for those two. We might need to work on the Fi questions a bit more as well. I'll start threads on those when I have a chance.

3. For the occasional person, it seems there is no correlation between temperament and functions, making me question the consistent reliability of temperament as an indicator. For yet others, there is no discernible pattern to their cognitive functions at all. Still thinking about what to do about that.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

Rational

ENTP

I have noticed a few flaws on this thing as I've continued to analyze the results:

1. It seems not uncommon that a person will have very high scores for both their dominant and auxiliary function. Sometimes the auxiliary function will have a higher score. Let's say I'm an INTJ with very strong Te. I could come out as Te being stronger than Ni and my results could lead towards an ENTJ result. Similar cases lead to ENTP vs. INTP, ENFP vs. INFP or ESFJ vs. ISFJ, etc. In my case, Ni and Te came out tied but some logic that looked at where Fi fell in the stack led to the INTJ result. One for sure ISFJ who took it had Fe and Si tied but Ti came out 8th in their function ordering leading to an ESFJ result :shock:. My idea for addressing this problem is to enhance the test to score Introversion vs. Extraversion and include that as a third factor vs. relying so much on the cognitive function ordering in the results.

2. It seems like there is an opportunity to refine some of the questions. People are getting very high scores on both Ne and Ni which seems to indicate that there isn't enough differentiation between the questions for those two. We might need to work on the Fi questions a bit more as well. I'll start threads on those when I have a chance.

3. For the occasional person, it seems there is no correlation between temperament and functions, making me question the consistent reliability of temperament as an indicator. I have noticed one thing - that ISTPs sometimes come out as NTs. For yet others, there is no discernible pattern to their cognitive functions at all. Still thinking about what to do about that.

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram

Rational

ENTP

Ne > Te = Ti = Ni > Se > Fi > Fe > Si

I disagree, I can't be an E. I can't even fake extroversion...

or can i?

Luke O

Super Ape
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Thinking about this, is the right thing to balance the test in favour of what types people say they are, or what other tests are telling them, or is it to try and tell people what type they should be and having enough evidence to back it up?

burymecloser

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
6w5
How is the "Basic Information" one enters to begin the test (age, sex, location) used? Does it affect the results, or is it for statistical purposes, or something else?

David Keirsey's name is misspelled.

Lillita

MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
INTJ
Introverted Intuitive Thinking Judging
Ni > Ne > Te > Fi = Ti > Se > Si > Fe

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
How is the "Basic Information" one enters to begin the test (age, sex, location) used? Does it affect the results, or is it for statistical purposes, or something else?

It would also be nice if there was an "other" option for gender. I don't like answering the "gender" question.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

David Keirsey's name is misspelled.

It would also be nice if there was an "other" option for gender. I don't like answering the "gender" question.

Yes, it's for statistical reasons. It doesn't affect the results. Age in particular is important because of development of the functions over time. Thanks for letting me know about the typo.

yoliyoli

I think it'd be better if you didn't have the functions in mind when typing them, the questions that is. I haven't taken the test but I already see the problem. It's the same as when I first took the test almost two years ago (a free one, not yours). It functioned very similarly to yours. I didn't even know about the functions. But I still asked, "Is this about objective ethics?" (Fe) or "Is this about how I would phrase something?" (Ti). You've gotta be specific, but as the test maker you can't let on that you know what the answers are. It's like the teacher that blurts out the answer before she finishes the question and the whole class knows. What you gotta do is ask them about moral decisions, and have how they'd react (which function they'd use) built into the question. So it's a very Fe or Fi question, but they don't know it. Make them make a decision blind, as if it was any other. Then see the result.

MBTI Type
ISIS
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
G6Ie1gv.png

Correct me if I'm wrong but apart from Ni being the dominant function this seems a lot more like INTP to me, also since I am extremely Ti dom I doubt it beat out Ti by much.

Mayflower

King Ping
MBTI Type
ESTP
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Artisan

ESFP
Extraverted Sensing Feeling Perceiving