• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Social Media Personality Test

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
If it's about Big 5 then looking at those 5:
Openness
Conscientiousness
Extraversion
Agreeableness
Emotional range

"If" huh? I guess I didn't realize the analysis was exclusively focused on the Big 5. Thanks for clarifying.

Kas

Fabula rasa
"If" huh? I guess I didn't realize the analysis was exclusively focused on the Big 5. Thanks for clarifying.

I could misunderstood your post :/

Still I don't think that needs or values are suppose to be somehow related to the first mode.

Eilonwy

Vulnerability
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
It does make me curious though [MENTION=8936]highlander[/MENTION], I'm sure you don't care to divulge all the secrets but any high level summary you can give re how Conscientiousness is being determined? FB results are polar opposite of TypC. I can see how I may do things slightly differently or share differdnt things for sure, depending on medium, but it's still a huge difference.

It might be an issue with definitions. The way the API works is that it evaluates six facets as part of conscientiousness.

Achievement striving
Cautiousness
Dutifulness
Orderliness
Self-discipline
Self-efficacy

Conscientiousness is defined as follows: "High scores on conscientiousness include a strong ability to regulate and control ones behavior. Individuals possessing this trait tend towards an achievement orientation and being organized, thorough and planful. Individuals with lower scores tend towards being more impulsive and less organized."

I too got a lower score than I expected on conscientiousness too. I received:

Conscientiousness 34%
Achievement striving 49%
Cautiousness 93%
Dutifulness 10%
Orderliness 15%
Self-discipline 7%
Self-efficacy 48%

Looking at one of the items - Achievement Striving - I feel like my score should be much higher because of how I would judge achievement. What does achievement mean though? Here are two related concepts from Clifton Strengths Finder:

Achiever - Simply defined, a person with the StrengthsFinder theme of Achiever is known for having a great stamina for hard work. In fact, Achievers enjoy working hard and they also gain momentum with accomplishing more and more work. Someone with the strength of Achiever has a particular motivation, drive and determination to achieve something with her time. You may recognize an Achiever because he seems to be in constant motion, or activity, or with different types of projects. Think of an Achiever as an endurance athlete when it comes to getting things done. Once an Achiever gets started, they seem to have a unique pace to getting their work done. And this pace, different with each person, can be maintained over a great deal of time. An Achiever likes to set goals, and usually creates lists of things that need to be done to accomplish these goals. Lists and goals can be made for daily activities, projects, future goals, relationships, or even for accomplishments. The Achiever list-makers are able to work productively and efficiently, anxiously or eagerly moving through the steps. Check. Check. Check. A sense of ‘celebration’ with what has been accomplished.

Significance - You want to be very significant in the eyes of other people. In the truest sense of the word you want to be recognized. You want to be heard. You want to stand out. You want to be known. In particular, you want to be known and appreciated for the unique strengths you bring. You feel a need to be admired as credible, professional, and successful. Likewise, you want to associate with others who are credible, professional, and successful. And if they aren't, you will push them to achieve until they are. Or you will move on. An independent spirit, you want your work to be a way of life rather than a job, and in that work you want to be given free rein, the leeway to do things your way. Your yearnings feel intense to you, and you honor those yearnings. And so your life is filled with goals, achievements, or qualifications that you crave. Whatever your focus -- and each person is distinct -- your Significance theme will keep pulling you upward, away from the mediocre toward the exceptional. It is the theme that keeps you reaching.

In Clifton, I'm very high on Achiever but not so high on significance. I suspect the test thinks I don't have an achievement orientation because I don't brag about achievements.

I remember taking another test a few years ago; Unfortunately the test no longer exists and I was unable to obtain the source code for it (site went down and it was lost).

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/highlander/albums/assessment-results/5259-5/

Those results resonated strongly with me. I do see commonality between the two results. Very high openness. I question why the assertiveness score is so low on our test vs. what one came up with. I tend to communicate in a style that is not directive because I've learned people don't like to be told what to do.

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I want an award for my 57% Conscientiousness on FaceBook. (Just ignore the 4% from my posts here, please.)

59% Conscientiousness on Facebook for me, compared to the forum score of 6%. Aha, there's a pattern, 2% difference in the increase for both areas ... ;)

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Harmony seeking, self conscious, sympathetic, practical, spiritual: 50/50, yes and no.

Openness: 50%
Conscientiousness: 7%
Extraversion: 29%
Agreeableness: 42%
Emotional Range: 96%

The sub-scores are dicier, but these general ones check out except that I would expect conscientiousness to come out at around 50% if not higher. But then again, I push myself so hard in conscientiousness because I have deeper core tendencies that are quite the opposite, and my relationship with those tendencies is not nice. Then again again, that metric seems to be screwy for everybody.

cascadeco

MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
It might be an issue with definitions. The way the API works is that it evaluates six facets as part of conscientiousness.

Achievement striving
Cautiousness
Dutifulness
Orderliness
Self-discipline
Self-efficacy

Conscientiousness is defined as follows: "High scores on conscientiousness include a strong ability to regulate and control ones behavior. Individuals possessing this trait tend towards an achievement orientation and being organized, thorough and planful. Individuals with lower scores tend towards being more impulsive and less organized."

I too got a lower score than I expected on conscientiousness too. I received:

Conscientiousness 34%
Achievement striving 49%
Cautiousness 93%
Dutifulness 10%
Orderliness 15%
Self-discipline 7%
Self-efficacy 48%

Looking at one of the items - Achievement Striving - I feel like my score should be much higher because of how I would judge achievement. What does achievement mean though? Here are two related concepts from Clifton Strengths Finder:

Achiever - Simply defined, a person with the StrengthsFinder theme of Achiever is known for having a great stamina for hard work. In fact, Achievers enjoy working hard and they also gain momentum with accomplishing more and more work. Someone with the strength of Achiever has a particular motivation, drive and determination to achieve something with her time. You may recognize an Achiever because he seems to be in constant motion, or activity, or with different types of projects. Think of an Achiever as an endurance athlete when it comes to getting things done. Once an Achiever gets started, they seem to have a unique pace to getting their work done. And this pace, different with each person, can be maintained over a great deal of time. An Achiever likes to set goals, and usually creates lists of things that need to be done to accomplish these goals. Lists and goals can be made for daily activities, projects, future goals, relationships, or even for accomplishments. The Achiever list-makers are able to work productively and efficiently, anxiously or eagerly moving through the steps. Check. Check. Check. A sense of ‘celebration’ with what has been accomplished.

Significance - You want to be very significant in the eyes of other people. In the truest sense of the word you want to be recognized. You want to be heard. You want to stand out. You want to be known. In particular, you want to be known and appreciated for the unique strengths you bring. You feel a need to be admired as credible, professional, and successful. Likewise, you want to associate with others who are credible, professional, and successful. And if they aren't, you will push them to achieve until they are. Or you will move on. An independent spirit, you want your work to be a way of life rather than a job, and in that work you want to be given free rein, the leeway to do things your way. Your yearnings feel intense to you, and you honor those yearnings. And so your life is filled with goals, achievements, or qualifications that you crave. Whatever your focus -- and each person is distinct -- your Significance theme will keep pulling you upward, away from the mediocre toward the exceptional. It is the theme that keeps you reaching.

In Clifton, I'm very high on Achiever but not so high on significance. I suspect the test thinks I don't have an achievement orientation because I don't brag about achievements.

I remember taking another test a few years ago; Unfortunately the test no longer exists and I was unable to obtain the source code for it (site went down and it was lost).

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/members/highlander/albums/assessment-results/5259-5/

Those results resonated strongly with me. I do see commonality between the two results. Very high openness. I question why the assertiveness score is so low on our test vs. what one came up with. I tend to communicate in a style that is not directive because I've learned people don't like to be told what to do.

Thanks. So yeah, the test is looking at words used, posting style and content to determine these categories.

In the actual test, I am usually around the 40-50 mark on Conscientiousness.

Via FB especially, I could see why my score is on the higher side, as I have a bit of a side business and half of my posts, or more, are related to that. Also, I post things I've done or places I go, photos from hiking, etc. Thus my achievement and significance elements are def going to be on the higher side in that medium. I bet the same sort of trend would occur for most people. Different mediums, different uses......

PeaceBaby

reborn
MBTI Type
N/A
Enneagram
N/A
I bet the same sort of trend would occur for most people. Different mediums, different uses......

Yes, I think that's a great point. I don't talk much about what I "do" here on the forum. I rarely talk about my business, that's for sure.

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
What is the correct way to do it?

By not cutting off a majority of the results, for one. The test looks at 3 main things...the big five (as well as subscales), and then something referring to needs, and something referring to values.

highlander

Administrator
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
So for Tumblr, I need to make sure it doesn't count re-blogs. The test has been limited to forum members. I will open that up too.

Chrysanthe

Enneagram
9w1
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Pensive
Self-conscious
Spiritual
Harmony-seeking
Fiery

Openness
61%
Conscientiousness 5%
Extraversion 33%
Agreeableness 17%
Emotional range 93%

dawdawda.jpg

lol I must be quite emotionally volatile, if I'm reading this correctly.

My Facebook, Tumblr, and Twitter all fail to work. Mostly because I have 0-3 posts on each.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
HARMONY-SEEKING
PRACTICAL
LOVING
PENSIVE
FIERY

4iEeFOL.jpg

rhT0EUV.jpg

hmm.. a lot of this is pretty off. much lower on openness than I score, higher on extroversion. the other 3 aren't too far off.

AphroditeGoneAwry

failure to thrive
MBTI Type
INfj
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Here is one for my tumblr http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/personalitytest.php?do=results&id=fNztUdTjvY

This makes sense given what I post on it. My highest score was in extraversion though...

So for Tumblr, I need to make sure it doesn't count re-blogs. The test has been limited to forum members. I will open that up too.

I think it does since I know I haven't written 101,193 words worth of blog posts, and I reblog a lot of stuff that would give me the sympathetic, self-improving, and spiritual results.

wolfy

awsm
wolfy

SELF-CONSCIOUS HARMONY-SEEKING PRACTICAL PENSIVE FIERY
Service: Forum Posts (100,703 words) on 12-20-2015

Apparently, I have great emotional range.

If anyone can give me a code I would be happy. RCUAN or whatever... I am not sure how to figure that out.

Serendipity

the Dark Prophet of Kualu
MBTI Type
RAD
Cheers for faces, them noses eh?

Here's mine! :p

Typology analysis:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/personalitytest.php?do=results&id=jesd17pJly

100 000 words

Facebook analysis:

http://www.typologycentral.com/forums/personalitytest.php?do=results&id=zivrcGD4xU

17 000 words

It is clear I choose a completely different persona depending on where I present myself but I would never have guessed they were that opposite one another.

I scored a whooping 46% conscientiousness on my facebook profile!

Last edited: