• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How much is your spare time worth?

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
FINN.no - How much is your spare time worth

My result was.. ... like.. $0 per hour. Yeah. I'm just that hard-working and self-sacrificing.

Well, actually,

You value one hour of spare time to:
34 $

Surprised? It might seem alot, but remember: You only live once – As they say in popular music (NB! Some people prefer to just say YOLO).

So – what does it really mean that you value your spare time so high? Hard to say, but it might just mean that you should be more careful with what you spend it on. Should you really use your vacation to plaster the guest room – or should you have someone else do it? If you go for the latter you can always rationalize it with the following calculation: The average price of a painter is 40-50$ an hour. Not so far away from the amount you value your spare time to. Voila - the artisan is suddenly free! Kidding. But you get the picture.

How you answered:
17 $/h The line
10 $/h Screws
67 $/h Taxi
44 $/h Easter

This is exactly me.

Yeah. Those who know me know.. like.. that Julius needs all of the spare time he can get. Fuck chores, fuck doing busywork, fuck not cheating on taxes by just not bothering to turn in a 1040.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i don't get it, i'm not standing in line for anything people make me nervous and the longer i have to be around the humans the more anxious i get plus there's amazon. i got 203 plus i didn't know the direction for the taxi to mean i can wait my whole life, trust me i have out waited people i should get an award for stubbornly out waiting a person

if amazon was a person i'd marry it.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
289 $
«WOW», might be running through your head. «That was ALOT»! But, it’s just math! Time is money, you know! And while it’s true that not everything can be thought of in monetary terms, there is no doubt; your spare time has value. When your time is so valuable to you, you may want to consider what you spend it on. For example, if you hate decorating, maybe you shouldn’t spend time on it?
Remember that most craftsmen charge less than 80$ an hour. An amount that after all is lower than what you value your spare time to!

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
289 $
«WOW», might be running through your head. «That was ALOT»! But, it’s just math! Time is money, you know! And while it’s true that not everything can be thought of in monetary terms, there is no doubt; your spare time has value. When your time is so valuable to you, you may want to consider what you spend it on. For example, if you hate decorating, maybe you shouldn’t spend time on it?
Remember that most craftsmen charge less than 80$ an hour. An amount that after all is lower than what you value your spare time to!

But if you are struggling financially and you only make $20 an hour, keeping from paying $80 an hour is like a pay raise and anything over $20 an hour may be worth it because you don't have to work overtime or find that extra job which takes time.

I also know craftsmen that charge double what I make per hour and yet make quite a bit less per year then I do. They cant find the jobs consistantly. The higher they get the more people figure out how to do it on thier own because how much money a person has is finite.

ceecee

Coolatta® Enjoyer
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
8w9
But if you are struggling financially and you only make $20 an hour, keeping from paying $80 an hour is like a pay raise and anything over $20 an hour may be worth it because you don't have to work overtime or find that extra job which takes time.

I also know craftsmen that charge double what I make per hour and yet make quite a bit less per year then I do. They cant find the jobs consistantly. The higher they get the more people figure out how to do it on thier own because how much money a person has is finite.

I'm just reporting what the test result was. Yes I agree with you but none of the questions were asked in that way. No I'm not waiting 2 hrs for a bus or sorting nuts and bolts for free. There are other things I like to do in my spare time that may seem like a waste of time to others.

We do tons of DIY work around our house, my husband could be a carpenter if he wanted to do that for a living but neither of us are painting a room. Just, no. Much easier and more efficient for us to outsource that job. That's not a waste to me. It's an intelligent use of our time.

Poki

MBTI Type
STP
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I'm just reporting what the test result was. Yes I agree with you but none of the questions were asked in that way. No I'm not waiting 2 hrs for a bus or sorting nuts and bolts for free. There are other things I like to do in my spare time that may seem like a waste of time to others.

Yeah, a penny saved is a penny earned. I want more then a penny :D

I tried, but I couldn't figure out how much spare time I had in a day. I don't have very much. I have to make time for everything and then just accept that I can't do it all. And I work very fast

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
$251/hr

I do not wait in line... nor am I patient with things that are boring :thelook:

working a ton of hours plus being a student means that I don't have enough spare time anyway, so I tend to guard it like I'm Gollum or something

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
$17 an hour. I don't have a whole lot of money to spare and I am good at keeping myself occupied. I carry my phone and a book to read with me so I can be occupied waiting for things.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
$10. It tries to be nice and say it's because I don't like spending money unless absolutely necessary but it's really because I already blew all my money so now I don't have any to impulsively spend.

Coriolis

Si vis pacem, para bellum
Staff member
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Time is money only if someone is willing to give you money in exchange for your time.

noyo

15 $

You’re hardly the type to blow money on unnecessary taxi rides and, fancy coffee. You’re DIY all the way. Good for you!

But there’s probably some things you don’t want to do yourself. Maybe you should try the following thought experiment: Lets say you have to paint your house and you absolutely HATE painting, so you find a painter who cost 40$ an hour. Now you might think: That’s way too much!? But on the other hand, you should take into account all the spare time you get by having a professional painter do the job! After all – you spare time is worth something. Now, if you love painting, naturally you should do it yourself. It’s entirely up to you!

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
23 $

You’re hardly the type to blow money on unnecessary taxi rides and, fancy coffee. You’re DIY all the way. Good for you!

But there’s probably some things you don’t want to do yourself. Maybe you should try the following thought experiment: Lets say you have to paint your house and you absolutely HATE painting, so you find a painter who cost 40$ an hour. Now you might think: That’s way too much!? But on the other hand, you should take into account all the spare time you get by having a professional painter do the job! After all – you spare time is worth something. Now, if you love painting, naturally you should do it yourself. It’s entirely up to you!

:cool: So suave.

Kas

Fabula rasa
26 $

Haha [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] if you need help with painting house then I can help (I do love it, but it includes loud music and me singing). Let's walk to the store, buy paint and cheap coffee*, hitchhike back and do the damn job.

*although I have weakness for good coffee...

I usually save money on things I don't care about, but only to buy things I care about. :happy2:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
26 $

Haha [MENTION=19719]Forever[/MENTION] if you need help with painting house then I can help (I do love it, but it includes loud music and me singing). Let's walk to the store, buy paint and cheap coffee*, hitchhike back and do the damn job.

*although I have weakness for good coffee...

I usually save money on things I don't care about, but only to buy things I care about. :happy2:

That actually sounds really fun!

After we're all done...we can watch paint dry! :happy2: Yay! Hahaha. I partially agreed on not overspending on coffee lol.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
$10. something something DIYer.

most of paycheck used to go to groceries. scratch prep, gardening, and food sharing have cut that down considerably.

Kas

Fabula rasa
That actually sounds really fun!

After we're all done...we can watch paint dry! :happy2: Yay! Hahaha. I partially agreed on not overspending on coffee lol.

Okay we are going to hitchhike, we can buy fancy coffee:yes:

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Okay we are going to hitchhike, we can buy fancy coffee:yes:

Ohhhh yeah. It is winter, so let's make sure it's a really cozy cafe. ;)

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
Apparently I am fucking cheap :shrug:

15 $

I got $12, but I answered all the questions as someone who's unemployed. I'm willing to spend less money to get out of something because I simply don't have money. In reality, I value my spare time...too much.

NAPSTABLOOK22

MBTI Type
FUCK
Enneagram
$41