• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

"Pure O" Test

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
PURE OBSESSIONAL OCD TEST - OCD Center of Los Angeles

I score very high on this. Not surprising considering that I'm diagnosed with OCD.

A bit more about it:

As I conceptualize Obsessive-Compulsive Disorder, the tree of the overall syndrome has three main branches: the "obsessive-compulsive," the "responsibility O-C," and the focus of this paper, the purely obsessional thinker "Pure-O" (Baer, 1994). With this branch, the anxiety emerges in response to an unwanted thought or question, which in the future will be referred to as a "spike." The ritual involves pushing away the thought, avoiding the recurrence of the thought, or attempting to solve the question. Keep in mind that most persons who come into therapy tend to have a combination of these problems. Successfully treating one branch typically has minimal effect on the others.

The "Pure-O" is manifested by a two-part process: the originating unwanted thought (spike) and the mental activity which attempts to escape, solve, or undo the spike, called rumination.

OCDOnline.com

á´…eparted

passages
I didn't check any of them off :shrug:.

Some of my friends say I am really obsessive compulsive, but apparently not in this way. In the ways I would fit OCD (which I contest) it would be external, not internal.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
It says there is a medium probability that I have it. But I don't. :shrug:

Olm the Water King

across the universe
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
I didn't check any of them off :shrug:.

Some of my friends say I am really obsessive compulsive, but apparently not in this way. In the ways I would fit OCD (which I contest) it would be external, not internal.

Or maybe not OCD at all, but OCPD? The two have some similarities, but they're not quite the same thing: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Obsessive–compulsive_personality_disorder

Not saying that you have it, just in terms of what your friends are describing and stuff.

Also

MBTI Type
ISFP
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp
I checked 8.

I excessively think about normal bodily functions (i.e., blinking, swallowing, breathing, digesting, sleeping), and am upset that I cannot control these thoughts.

This used to keep me up at night as a child.

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I thought this was going to be a test about orgasms. :sadbanana:

Chrysanthea

Nah, no need for a quiz! Much more accurate to self-evaluate: The 11 Types of Orgasms
I'd say based on the given descriptions for all eleven types of orgasms, I am proudly a Type 11. Orgasms by means of mind rape.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
I've checked 17.