• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Short Four Temperaments Test

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
Phlegmatic/Choleric

I took it once before and got Mel/Phleg...hmmm...maybe I've changed since then? Or maybe this one is more limited or maybe I wasn't honest with myself once upon a time. Who knows? It's always been hard for me to embrace the idea that I might be a little bit Choleric because I don't really see myself that way...but um...I just now thought this, a phleg/chol does sound kind of 9w8 ish, if you think about it.

It's just that I like the idea of being a creative genius, which would be more melancholy. But I'm NOT moody. I AM laid-back and I do get the job done, so eek...maybe?

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
lol, I made this thread.

And this time, I got Melancholy > Choleric. If I could display only one type to describe my personality as comprehensively as possible, melancholic would be the type that could do it. That I get it on a temperament test just means that the test isn't broken.

The choleric part is more interesting, and I think representative of a good thing. It would be easy to deny it based on past experiences living with family who saw treated those traits as bad, as well as stronger choleric types who possibly smelled the undercurrent of resistance in me and succeeded at quashing it because I was already weakened from home, and obviously mental illness. Seeking my parents' mistakes out in the wider world because I was not yet a real adult on the inside.

I'm in the second half of my 20s now, though, when personalities are supposed to at least somewhat consolidate. Maybe it's improving (if far from perfect) health, or maybe it's just a better understanding of what self-deception is, but I don't really believe that core traits can be killed off forever. They can be repressed for such staggering lengths of time that pessimism about their existence is understandable. But now I'm more skeptical of the existence of a neurosis great enough to relieve one of the eventuality of having to own what they were born with.

Besides, my bile wasn't really absent for all those years. Caged, maybe, but it still made a fuckton of noise. Just ask my mom.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
I took it again and got the same: Phlegmatic > Sanguine.

Reading phlegmatic again...wow. I felt like I was reading about something written about me. All except for the whole not showing emotion thing. I'm actually a really sensitive, emotional person who cries frequently and easily. And I do show excitement, and can be pretty expressive about my feelings. But nothing can completely describe a person.

I don't relate that much to sanguine. What I do relate to seems to be the face I show to my best friends. I'm pretty silly once I'm really comfortable. :laugh:

P.S. The phlegmatic description just sounded really 9.

Hawthorne

corona
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
I took it again and got the same: Phlegmatic > Sanguine.

Reading phlegmatic again...wow. I felt like I was reading about something written about me. All except for the whole not showing emotion thing. I'm actually a really sensitive, emotional person who cries frequently and easily. And I do show excitement, and can be pretty expressive about my feelings. But nothing can completely describe a person.

I don't relate that much to sanguine. What I do relate to seems to be the face I show to my best friends. I'm pretty silly once I'm really comfortable. :laugh:

P.S. The phlegmatic description just sounded really 9.

Interestingly enough, it was the phlegmatic part of my Sanguine > Phlegmatic that I didn't relate to as much. The contrast is rather neat.

Yama

Permabanned
MBTI Type
ESFJ
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Phlegmatic > Melancholic

Destiny

A wannabe dog
I didn't bother to take that test but I read up about this before and my primary temperament is melancholic and secondary temperament is phlegmatic.

Forever

Permabanned
MBTI Type
NiFi
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Sanguine > Phlegmatic

Retake.

Jade Heart

MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp
Phlegmatic
Melancholic

I read all the profiles, and I have to say, I think I like the ones I found on a Google search for "phlegmatic profile" more. The phlegmatic profile on this site portrays us strangely (Live to please others? F*ck no), and it generalizes us all as meek and submissive. I did notice, though, that he/she never actually wrote descriptions that could be interpreted as emotional bias on his/her part. That was unexpected for me.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Choleric > Sanguine

Some Temperament ripoffs (DiSC, Color Code) and some Temperament practitioners don't bat an eye at opposites (e.g. Choleric > Phlegmatic). That's a much better fit for me, really, but it blows people's fuckin' minds.

magpie

Permabanned
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Melancholic Sanguine.

So... basically I'm an introverted extrovert? :unsure:

c-jade

daisies and thunderstorms
MBTI Type
ENFP
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got Choleric/Melancholic, somehow...

julesiscools

MBTI Type
ISFP
Phlegmatic>Sanguine blend. Not surprising to me, at all. I hate conflict, it makes me wanna puke.