• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

How high is your self-esteem?

thepink-cloakedninja

Marshmallow Heart
MBTI Type
ISFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You have scored 56

What your scoring means:

You have quite good self-esteem on the whole. But you sometimes fail to believe in yourself enough. Remember you are a special and unique person. Many people with your score feel confident in what they do for a living and get a lot of affirmation from that. It's important however, to feel good about who you are, not just about what you do. Have a think about this.

Merced

Talk to me.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
28?
Instinctual Variant
so/sp

Welp if it was any higher I wouldn't be e2.

Ashtart

Obliviously Mad
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
You have scored 32

What your scoring means:

The chances are that you find life very difficult indeed. You may well have a number of failed relationships behind you. Perhaps you've had problems with anger, or jealousy that have caused a split with a partner. You may also have found that your working life has been extremely disappointing.

But you can change things. Read the 'self-esteem' article and try the various strategies outlined there – especially the one about listing 50 things and writing these characteristics out on cards, and carrying them with you.

If you do this – and some of the other suggested exercises – you should begin to see yourself in a new light. It will also help you to read the books listed at the end of the article.

You might also want to consider counseling because you would almost certainly benefit from having it. There is a form of therapy called cognitive behaviour therapy (CBT), which is very helpful for people with low self-esteem. And the good news is that in many areas of the UK, there is good, free provision of CBT on the NHS.

So ask your GP if he or she can refer you for some professional help.

Finally, many people with this kind of score are actually seriously depressed. Do you think this could apply to you? If you think it might, please discuss this with your doctor because treatments and help are available.

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Too high to be interpreted in numbers.

CitizenErased

Clean Slate

Though I don't know if it's self-esteem or a general, continuous sense of "f*ck these people" that tainted the results. :shrug:

Also, I'm not sure if my definition of self-esteem is how I feel about myself COMPARED to how I feel about others. Most of my life I was stuck in a self-deprecating mode without ever thinking the people around were better than me.

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
You have scored 67

What your scoring means:

You have excellent self-esteem. You may well have had problems with valuing yourself in the past, but you have become a confident person with a proper appreciation of yourself. You are almost certainly someone who other people like and admire, and your belief in yourself helps you to make good friendships and relationships. However, your inner confidence also enables you to feel happy and relaxed when you are alone.

Littleclaypot

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
You have scored 66.
What your scoring means
You have excellent self-esteem. You may well have had problems with valuing yourself in the past, but you have become a confident person with a proper appreciation of yourself. You are almost certainly someone who other people like and admire, and your belief in yourself helps you to make good friendships and relationships. However, your inner confidence also enables you to feel happy and relaxed when you are alone.

Neal Caffreynated

Artist/Playboy/Traveller
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
3w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Uh thought I would have a higher score to be honest :huh:
"You have scored 64
What your scoring means:
You have quite good self-esteem on the whole. But you sometimes fail to believe in yourself enough. Remember you are a special and unique person. Many people with your score feel confident in what they do for a living and get a lot of affirmation from that. It's important however, to feel good about who you are, not just about what you do. Have a think about this."

rav3n

You have scored 67

What your scoring means:

Oh-kay.

fetus

Enneagram
6w7
You have scored 56.

Wow, that's more than I thought I would be. :)

Hello, young TMF. You are almost 16 when you first take this test. In your current state, you're as confident as you've ever been in your life--which is pretty damn good, actually. These past few years have been hell for you, and I'm so proud of how you've come through stronger rather than scathed. Many more changes are coming in the next couple years, and without spoiling anything, I will say that some of them will be rather unpleasant. Some of them, however, will be amazing. You're going to see yourself grow in ways you never thought you could. You think you're a follower, that you can't lead, that your only purpose is to be a court jester while everyone else gets the task done. Bullshit. You may lack experience, but you don't lack ability. The little aspects of your personality that you overlook as just quirks are your most powerful tools. Press into them; develop them. These next few years will show you how.

You're a fucking star, Fetus--and I know you know it--but I want you to know that there are so many more layers to your starness than you could ever dream of right now. And that's saying a lot, because I know you love to dream.

With my heart,

-Your 18-year-old self (who scored 66 by the way...who knew!)

Sacrophagus

Mastermind Fieldmarshal
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Enneagram
Hello, young TMF. You are almost 16 when you first take this test. In your current state, you're as confident as you've ever been in your life--which is pretty damn good, actually. These past few years have been hell for you, and I'm so proud of how you've come through stronger rather than scathed. Many more changes are coming in the next couple years, and without spoiling anything, I will say that some of them will be rather unpleasant. Some of them, however, will be amazing. You're going to see yourself grow in ways you never thought you could. You think you're a follower, that you can't lead, that your only purpose is to be a court jester while everyone else gets the task done. Bullshit. You may lack experience, but you don't lack ability. The little aspects of your personality that you overlook as just quirks are your most powerful tools. Press into them; develop them. These next few years will show you how.

You're a fucking star, Fetus--and I know you know it--but I want you to know that there are so many more layers to your starness than you could ever dream of right now. And that's saying a lot, because I know you love to dream.

With my heart,

-Your 18-year-old self (who scored 66 by the way...who knew!)

That's the fucking spirit.
Look at what lies beyond the horizon and feel entitled to reach it and graciously claim it as you're gratefully appreciating the journey with all its peaks and valleys.