User Tag List

First 678910 Last

MBTI
    ESFJ
    Enneagram
    3w2 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Well one thing we share in common is the low 5 and 9!

I'm not sure really. I wish I was though! I actually haven't really seen much clear-cut in the way of your neuroses on the forums, which is usually rather indicitive of a persons type.
    Really?? Even after reading my blog? Interesting. The neuroses are there, that's for sure. I think most of them are currently rooted in anxiety about my life not turning out the way I want it to.

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    So I took this opportunity to re-read some of your type-me thread and to re-watch some of your type-me video, and then to contrast it to mine. Long story short: if you were a 1, I think you would be less consistently composed. One of the main differences between my video and yours is that in mine, you can see the 1-ish anger peeking through quite a few times, sometimes in the form of accidental vulnerability, whereas both in your video and on the forum I have a hard time imagining you losing your cool. You do get mad about things, but you're always collected about it. In contrast -- and maybe this is confirmation bias? -- every 1 I know tends to be about 95% self-composed and 5% not at all, on any given day. (Edit: I think I'm explaining this poorly. @Hard is this at all related to the vibe you get from 1s?)

In my experience, 1s and 3s can have exactly the same goals for totally different reasons. You mentioned in your video that one reason why you like baking because you like to feel accomplished. Most of the things I like, I like in part because I like seeing things properly executed. Doesn't matter if it's me doing it, or someone else. (I mean, I like feeling accomplished too, but I don't think I look for accomplishment for its own sake. Maybe I do. I dunno.)

On a more technical note: I can't imagine you integrating to 7 or disintegrating to 4.
    In response to the bolded:
    - I think the reason you don't see accidental vulnerability is because I'm generally a pretty open person? Of course, the things I do try to hide I'm extremely persistent about covering. Which would be 3ish, I suppose.
    - How would you define losing your cool? I guess I must just have a longer fuse then I perceive. Either that or I'm really good at sorting through my internal explosions of feelings before expressing them.
    - Yes on the integration/disintegration. I definitely have a strong 6 fix, so that would make sense. And when I disintegrate I get really conflict avoidant and apathetic, which would be the worst of a 9.

My conclusion from both of your responses, and a lot of conversations I've had with friends lately: I do an exceptional job of looking like I have my shit together even when inside I feel like the world is ending. I think this is for two reasons: 1) My expectations for myself are too high, I make too many decisions based on what I think I "should" be doing. My version of losing my shit is most people's normal. 2) I must subconsciously want to appear composed and somehow manage to pull that off. Even when I was practically suicidal in high school most people had no idea I was depressed.
    Friends, waffles, work

"The problem is, when you depend on a substitute for love, you can never get enough" - Louis Cozolino

3w2 6w7 1w2
    *Gryffindor*

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by EJCC View Post
    So I took this opportunity to re-read some of your type-me thread and to re-watch some of your type-me video, and then to contrast it to mine. Long story short: if you were a 1, I think you would be less consistently composed. One of the main differences between my video and yours is that in mine, you can see the 1-ish anger peeking through quite a few times, sometimes in the form of accidental vulnerability, whereas both in your video and on the forum I have a hard time imagining you losing your cool. You do get mad about things, but you're always collected about it. In contrast -- and maybe this is confirmation bias? -- every 1 I know tends to be about 95% self-composed and 5% not at all, on any given day. (Edit: I think I'm explaining this poorly. @Hard is this at all related to the vibe you get from 1s?)

In my experience, 1s and 3s can have exactly the same goals for totally different reasons. You mentioned in your video that one reason why you like baking because you like to feel accomplished. Most of the things I like, I like in part because I like seeing things properly executed. Doesn't matter if it's me doing it, or someone else. (I mean, I like feeling accomplished too, but I don't think I look for accomplishment for its own sake. Maybe I do. I dunno.)

On a more technical note: I can't imagine you integrating to 7 or disintegrating to 4.
    I think the 7-4 link is the biggest denoter for me. From all of the 1's I know and have known, I think this is one of the most obvious thing. If just for the fact that the mopiness (while private and hidden) is pretty darn hard to miss when a 1 dissolves, and the joy/fun 1's experience when going to 7 looks very distinct. As my friends put it "you're one of the most chill high-strung people I ever met". The overlay of diligance and care freeness stands out.

Loosing your cool is another one. 1's leak more than they like to admit. I certainly do. There is always this persistent feeling of tension with them that never really vanishes. I don't really get that from the videos I've seen of @Showbread, or post style. The drive and desire for things to work efficiently is definitely there, but it's missing a certain "flavor" I have a difficult time describing.

I have a decent amount of 3 element in me athough it's hidden (read: I am actually really competitive and have a lot of drive to be top dog, but I fiercely guard it from public view), so it's a bit hard for me to differentiate them in myself at times. From what I have noticed though, they place a higher premium on success. Just the end point, not exactly how it's acheived or what needs to be done to get there. The in between stuff (and subsequent high stress levels) for 1's matters a lot, and usually slows them down a lot compared to 3's).

Maybe this helps?
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes EJCC liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by Showbread View Post
    Really?? Even after reading my blog? Interesting. The neuroses are there, that's for sure. I think most of them are currently rooted in anxiety about my life not turning out the way I want it to.
    Yeah it's life stress. It doesn't really have much of a common "theme" I guess is what I am more getting at? Things not going as planned could show up in several different E-types.

In a way I think it's a good thing. All told I think you're really well put together and handle yourself and subsequent stress very nicely (hence I don't "see" it as much).
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Likes EJCC liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Original thread and...ahem...unacknowledged thread starter here: http://www.typologycentral.com/forum...gram-test.html

The Distribution of Your Scores

Type One: 7
    Type Two: 3
    Type Three: 5
    Type Four: 47
    Type Five: 45
    Type Six: 46
    Type Seven: 12
    Type Eight: 0
    Type Nine: 37

Your probable Enneagram Type

Your main type is 4.
    Considering the wings you should be a 4w5.

MBTI
    ESTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

I'm not posting my exact results, but I think they go something like this: 7,8,5,3,2,4,1,6,9. Precisly in that order.
    "Don't let a damned soul stomp on you for your age, but instead show them that you can be just as good as them in both morals and judgment"- 1 Timothy 4:12 in my own words that I can relate to.

Please vote on my johari window at
    http://kevan.org/jh/kensei16
    I promise it will not take long.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Slightly different from what I typed myself. Oh well, I wish I could fly.

edit: I'm still testing as 145, 451, 514 The Researcher

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    2w5 sx

Huh this is interestingAttachment 13529

Type 1: 9
    Type 2: 22
    Type 3: 19
    Type 4: 26
    Type 5: 45
    Type 6: 35
    Type 7: 39
    Type 8: 30
    Type 9: 44

Main type 5
    Type with wings 5w6

Type One: 1
    Type Two: 3
    Type Three: 11
    Type Four: 34
    Type Five: 26
    Type Six: 29
    Type Seven: 24
    Type Nine: 31

Your main type is 4.

MBTI
    INFP

Quite typical test results for me. I usually score high 4, 5, 6 and 9.

The Distribution of Your Scores

Type One: 8
    Type Two: 23
    Type Three: 7
    Type Four: 41
    Type Five: 24
    Type Six: 35
    Type Seven: 19
    Type Nine: 24

Your main type is 4.
    The greatness of a nation can be judged by the way its animals are treated.

Mahatma Gandhi