• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

IQ TEST Mensa France Association

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Votre QI a été mesuré à131, ce qui équivaut au 98,1e centile.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Votre QI est au-delà du périmêtre que ce test mesure. Nous espérons couvrir un plus large périmêtre dès que nous aurons recolté plus de données. C'est toujours une bonne chose de s'entrainer à faire plus de tests comme celui-ci - Il y en a plusieurs disponibles sur le net.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Votre QI est au-delà du périmêtre que ce test mesure. Nous espérons couvrir un plus large périmêtre dès que nous aurons recolté plus de données. C'est toujours une bonne chose de s'entrainer à faire plus de tests comme celui-ci - Il y en a plusieurs disponibles sur le net.

Je ne comprends pas comment c'est possible... :huh:

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Je ne comprends pas comment c'est possible... :huh:

The truth is I clicked a bunch of random shit really fast to see what would happen and that is what I got.

If you'll notice the wording doesn't say I did well. It probably thinks I'm stupid.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
The truth is I clicked a bunch of random shit really fast to see what would happen and that is what I got.

If you'll notice the wording doesn't say I did well. It probably thinks I'm stupid.

Yeah, but still... Surely you gave it results it can somehow process? Or is this some excessively tactful IQ test that simply won't tell you when you have an IQ of 70? Or maybe it was more like 50 and they just assume no such person could possibly have been taking this test and that there must be some kind of error. :laugh:

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Yeah, but still... Surely you gave it results it can somehow process? Or is this some excessively tactful IQ test that simply won't tell you when you have an IQ of 70? Or maybe it was more like 50 and they just assume no such person could possibly have been taking this test and that there must be some kind of error. :laugh:

Maybe, but it all depends on what I clicked too. There's a very small probability that I was incredibly damn lucky and it thinks I'm out of this world.

prplchknz

MBTI Type
yupp
i got 91 i'll retake it later but fucking people ugh come in and like what the fuck are you doing in the closet? get your shit and leave. and i was like oh i'll just wait til their gone!!! no cuz of that fucking timer. so i don't know if it's a legit score so i'll retake it

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I actually tried to take it without getting bored and got 115.

Votre QI a été mesuré à115, ce qui équivaut au 84,1e centile

The first time I took it I got 106. I can't stand the last questions because by that time I'm sick of the test so I start clicking.

Cellmold

Wake, See, Sing, Dance
Votre QI a été mesuré à106, ce qui équivaut au 65,5e centile

It's pretty consistent with what I get on these kinds of pattern tests, so I'm around average which seems right. Is there actually a method to getting the patterns or is it something you just have to see?

I'd suspect it's about the logic, but I couldn't spot it to be honest.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Votre QI a été mesuré à106, ce qui équivaut au 65,5e centile

It's pretty consistent with what I get on these kinds of pattern tests, so I'm around average which seems right. Is there actually a method to getting the patterns or is it something you just have to see?

I'd suspect it's about the logic, but I couldn't spot it to be honest.

Like many tests online, it's really using a variation of Raven's Matrices.

One of the main ways the problems get more complicated is that they sort of take the elements of the early, easy questions, and start layering them on top of each other. So, say, there's a pattern where a set of blocks adds one additional block each frame, the set of blocks is located at different ends of a cross-section of three lines in each frame, going clock-wise, and the the entire cross-section of lines itself is flipped up and down in each successive frame. You have to notice that this is going on based only on comparison between the 8 images already present and with the help of just a little deduction due to having a limited number of choices presented (you can quickly rule out choices that make no sense).

It's a fascinating topic to read about what makes this sort of thing harder or easier for someone to do. As I often point out, the ability to do these tests mostly seems to relate to working memory.

Also, I could not for the life of me understand what exercise 30 was about.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
Ok so. Here's the thing. I practiced a bit and got my brain working, blew threw the first 30 something problems and used the time to concentrate more on the last ones. I got

Votre QI a été mesuré à123, ce qui équivaut au 93,7e centile

However, the thing is that while mucking around, I discovered that merely guessing can change your score by quite a lot, and this is weighted pretty heavily in the last few problems. So I would consider this test to be +- about 8 to 10 points as a rough estimate simply for the fact you can alter it at least that much via random selections.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Ok so. Here's the thing. I practiced a bit and got my brain working, blew threw the first 30 something problems and used the time to concentrate more on the last ones. I got

Votre QI a été mesuré à123, ce qui équivaut au 93,7e centile

However, the thing is that while mucking around, I discovered that merely guessing can change your score by quite a lot, and this is weighted pretty heavily in the last few problems. So I would consider this test to be +- about 8 to 10 points as a rough estimate simply for the fact you can alter it at least that much via random selections.

I was wondering about that. How much does one get out of a lucky guess on problem 35?

The other thing I want to know is to what extent the test accounts for speed.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ
I was wondering about that. How much does one get out of a lucky guess on problem 35?

I don't think it hardly counts speed, if at all. I got 115 using most of the clock, then blazed through with the same answers and still got 115. So I don't think speed matters as much as figuring out the problems (or guessing) does.

sprinkles

Mojibake
MBTI Type
INFJ

Votre QI a été mesuré à128, ce qui équivaut au 96,9e centile

Up to 128 now, with actually knowing the answers except the last 3 so far.

I figured out 30.

I still have not figured out the last three problems but I probably could with some practice.

Fluffywolf

Nips away your dignity
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Yeah this is just a fairly boring spatial awareness test.

This is one of those tests intuitives will score higher in shorter time spans and sensors will probably struggle a bit more but can also score high if they take their time.

I rushed through it and got 131 as well. If I take my time with it, if i could be arsed that is, I'm sure I could get a perfect score as I still had 17 minutes left on the clock.

But all it tests is a very specific part of intelligence and therefor calling it an intelligence test is a major insult to intelligence itself.

Alea_iacta_est

Votre QI a été mesuré à133, ce qui équivaut au 98,6e centile

I still have not figured out the last three problems but I probably could with some practice.

I'm fairly sure I completely missed #33 and #35, but I believe I may have gotten #34 correct. I spent a good amount of time trying to figure out the mechanism but realized that the commutative property might apply.

The second row and third row have two images in common, only flipped across the line. I figured, given there didn't seem to be any evidence of subtraction in neither the first nor second row, and since there are 3 items in both the second and third row (a blank space), that the middle image of the second row (the one that isn't shared with the third row) must also be on the third row and flipped. Of the answer choices, there is one choice that is the middle image of the second row flipped across the line.

I'm not entirely sure if I got it correct, but it felt somewhat right.