User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Votre QI a été mesuré à106, ce qui équivaut au 65,5e centile

It's pretty consistent with what I get on these kinds of pattern tests, so I'm around average which seems right. Is there actually a method to getting the patterns or is it something you just have to see?

I'd suspect it's about the logic, but I couldn't spot it to be honest.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    Votre QI a été mesuré à106, ce qui équivaut au 65,5e centile

It's pretty consistent with what I get on these kinds of pattern tests, so I'm around average which seems right. Is there actually a method to getting the patterns or is it something you just have to see?

I'd suspect it's about the logic, but I couldn't spot it to be honest.
    Like many tests online, it's really using a variation of Raven's Matrices.

One of the main ways the problems get more complicated is that they sort of take the elements of the early, easy questions, and start layering them on top of each other. So, say, there's a pattern where a set of blocks adds one additional block each frame, the set of blocks is located at different ends of a cross-section of three lines in each frame, going clock-wise, and the the entire cross-section of lines itself is flipped up and down in each successive frame. You have to notice that this is going on based only on comparison between the 8 images already present and with the help of just a little deduction due to having a limited number of choices presented (you can quickly rule out choices that make no sense).

It's a fascinating topic to read about what makes this sort of thing harder or easier for someone to do. As I often point out, the ability to do these tests mostly seems to relate to working memory.

Also, I could not for the life of me understand what exercise 30 was about.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFJ

Ok so. Here's the thing. I practiced a bit and got my brain working, blew threw the first 30 something problems and used the time to concentrate more on the last ones. I got

Votre QI a été mesuré à123, ce qui équivaut au 93,7e centile

However, the thing is that while mucking around, I discovered that merely guessing can change your score by quite a lot, and this is weighted pretty heavily in the last few problems. So I would consider this test to be +- about 8 to 10 points as a rough estimate simply for the fact you can alter it at least that much via random selections.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    Ok so. Here's the thing. I practiced a bit and got my brain working, blew threw the first 30 something problems and used the time to concentrate more on the last ones. I got

Votre QI a été mesuré à123, ce qui équivaut au 93,7e centile

However, the thing is that while mucking around, I discovered that merely guessing can change your score by quite a lot, and this is weighted pretty heavily in the last few problems. So I would consider this test to be +- about 8 to 10 points as a rough estimate simply for the fact you can alter it at least that much via random selections.
    I was wondering about that. How much does one get out of a lucky guess on problem 35?

The other thing I want to know is to what extent the test accounts for speed.
    Go to sleep, iguana.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post
    I was wondering about that. How much does one get out of a lucky guess on problem 35?

I don't think it hardly counts speed, if at all. I got 115 using most of the clock, then blazed through with the same answers and still got 115. So I don't think speed matters as much as figuring out the problems (or guessing) does.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Magic Poriferan View Post

Votre QI a été mesuré à128, ce qui équivaut au 96,9e centile

Up to 128 now, with actually knowing the answers except the last 3 so far.

I figured out 30.

I still have not figured out the last three problems but I probably could with some practice.

MBTI
    yupp

retook it with out distractions and got 100
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

131, and it's not relevant at all.

Nips away your dignity Fluffywolf's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9 sp/sx

Yeah this is just a fairly boring spatial awareness test.

This is one of those tests intuitives will score higher in shorter time spans and sensors will probably struggle a bit more but can also score high if they take their time.

I rushed through it and got 131 as well. If I take my time with it, if i could be arsed that is, I'm sure I could get a perfect score as I still had 17 minutes left on the clock.

But all it tests is a very specific part of intelligence and therefor calling it an intelligence test is a major insult to intelligence itself.
    ~Self-depricating Megalomaniacal Superwolf
    Likes chubber, Punderstorm liked this post

Socionics
    ILI

Votre QI a été mesuré à133, ce qui équivaut au 98,6e centile

Quote Originally Posted by sprinkles View Post
    I still have not figured out the last three problems but I probably could with some practice.
    I'm fairly sure I completely missed #33 and #35, but I believe I may have gotten #34 correct. I spent a good amount of time trying to figure out the mechanism but realized that the commutative property might apply.

The second row and third row have two images in common, only flipped across the line. I figured, given there didn't seem to be any evidence of subtraction in neither the first nor second row, and since there are 3 items in both the second and third row (a blank space), that the middle image of the second row (the one that isn't shared with the third row) must also be on the third row and flipped. Of the answer choices, there is one choice that is the middle image of the second row flipped across the line.

I'm not entirely sure if I got it correct, but it felt somewhat right.