User Tag List

First 23456 Last

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    This is the first online test that has recognised me as a 6, so congratulations! I was particularly impressed with the disclaimer you added. Test takes should only answer "yes" if they have illustrated a behaviour before, but this is something many Enneagram tests neglect to emphasise. What you want is not the same as who you are.
    Yup!

Sorry if this is a bit off topic, but I think this is the main problem with many of the MBTI/JCF tests out there: 1. Asking which you value/appreciate more instead of how you are and 2. being so overly general that no healthy person could expect to reasonably answer it.

It'd be really neat if there were more MBTI tests out there that used the format of this particular Enneagram test.
    Likes Kullervo, Drea liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Kullervo View Post
    This is the first online test that has recognised me as a 6, so congratulations! I was particularly impressed with the disclaimer you added. Test takers should only answer "yes" if they have illustrated a behaviour before, but this is something many Enneagram tests neglect to emphasise. What you want is not the same as who you are.
    Thanks for feedback. This is great news ... as we are still improving our data-mining algorithm.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    937 so/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Drea View Post
    Thanks for feedback.

Questionnaire uses complex data-mining algorithm to converge as quick as possible to your dominant type, however when one has a strong sub-type, in your case that could be 9 or vice versa 2, then it takes more questions to end.

Maybe you take a test once again, to check if questionnaire finds the same dominant type again?
    Well I did it again. Still gave me type 2. Same as last time, the Dalai Lama's fuzzy picture comes up then goes away, then Mother Theresa comes up and goes away. (The first time I did it, the Dalai Lama showed up three times, disappeared 3x then poof suddenly I was Mother Theresa!)

I counted the questions this time, 45 until it gave me an answer, and one that I consider incorrect for myself. I actually found that annoying, the disappearance / reappearance of the pictures, the number of questions, not that a lot of questions is a big deal, but when the picture comes and goes, comes and goes, it's clear to me that the test is changing its mind lol.

In drive-response theory that subtype exists, and types 2 and 9 are very close to each other.
    I suppose this is something you are going to explain when you publish your work? I am interested to know more of what you mean by this. I do score high in 2, that's not unusual. However, I am quite certain I'm a 9.
    "Remember always that you not only have the right to be an individual, you have an obligation to be one."
    Eleanor Roosevelt

"When people see some things as beautiful,
    other things become ugly.
    When people see some things as good,
    other things become bad."
    Lao Tzu, Tao Te Ching

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Well I did it again. Still gave me type 2. Same as last time, the Dalai Lama's fuzzy picture comes up then goes away, then Mother Theresa comes up and goes away. (The first time I did it, the Dalai Lama showed up three times, disappeared 3x then poof suddenly I was Mother Theresa!)

I counted the questions this time, 45 until it gave me an answer, and one that I consider incorrect for myself. I actually found that annoying, the disappearance / reappearance of the pictures, the number of questions, not that a lot of questions is a big deal, but when the picture comes and goes, comes and goes, it's clear to me that the test is changing its mind lol.

I suppose this is something you are going to explain when you publish your work? I am interested to know more of what you mean by this. I do score high in 2, that's not unusual. However, I am quite certain I'm a 9.

Yes, the drive response theory is about understanding how a character is formed and the name already gives a hint: drive denotes your main drive, and response is how you react in the world to a new event. And we are going to publish papers and a book.

I understand you are pretty sure about being 9 but what makes me think is that if you came 2 already two times I wonder whether your dominant type would actually be 2 or you just answered in that way, both is possible.

If you are interested we can do a more profound test we use in our research for more detailed recognition, for this I need to send you a special invitation (of course at no charges). This would be also helpful for our research study.

MBTI
    INFJ

Quote Originally Posted by Drea View Post
    Why would you see that beneficial?
    We were thinking to show only a possible sub-type along with the main type.
    Your type may not be your highest score. Then, there are theories like wing and tritype. But really, I just think it's nice to get all the information, so you can see what fits you and what really doesn't.
    Likes /DG/ liked this post

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

You are probably personality type 2.

Well, that's new. The biggest issue I had was the fact that I had to say no unless I completely agreed with the statement. There were a lot where I mostly agreed, or knew what they were asking and applied to me, but the details made me say no.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

Google "chemtrails" Bush Did 9/11's Avatar
    MBTI
    eNtp
    Enneagram
    3w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    γ Ni

I took it twice. First time it bandied about between 3, 4, 5, and eventually 2. Second time, it went through those same options in the same order; but rather than 2 it settled on 1. It was neat to see the algorithm just drill more and more into questions that honed in on a type.

I read the descriptions and, verily, I do see myself in those descriptions (among others). Yes, I can be critical/self-critical/perfectionistic like a 1; I an be self-sacrificing and appeasing like a 2, etc etc. I'm surprised that it tossed away 3 as an option, but then again I'm not as outgoing as most. I am, however, more surprised at how long it kept 3 around for me, unlike most other tests.

I also appreciate the emphasis on 'how you have traditionally been.' The phrasings of the questions emphasizes that, too. (Yes,' I admit; I like my successes to be seen by others in some capacity.')

I'd also think it helpful to list other results if they're close. If 2 beat out 1 by a 1% margin, it'd probably be nice to include it as a potential. "You are probably personality type 2. You may also consider type 1." Worst case, if the person does in fact resonate with 1 (possibly along with 2), he might read the type 2 description, regard it as 'not him,' and think the rest of the endeavor to be a waste of time. If 2 beat out 1 by a 10% margin, though, there's no need to list 1; as those of us who are out to explore typology and thus would likely be pretty curious aren't really your target audience.

Perhaps you could slip in a question at the end -- "What is your type, if you know it?" -- at least to a select few. Perhaps the link you give out to typology forums could trigger a flag that triggers the question to be asked, where normally that question wouldn't be seen? If you have a few questions that turn out to falsely lead the algorithm to skew one toward a type 6, say, you might identify those. In developing tests, I've found techniques like that useful in determining bad questions -- ones that don't measure accurately what you're trying to measure.

Anyhow, I'll be watching this test. I'm a fan.
    J. Scott Crothers
    aka "Bush Did 9/11"
    Founder, Truthtology, est. 1952
    Prophet and Channel, God Almighty
    Author, the Holy scripture Elevenetics

"Just as jet fuel cannot melt steel beams, so too cannot the unshakeable pillars of Truthtology ever be shaken, whether by man, nature, or evidence."
    - Elevenetics
    Likes Drea liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    You are probably personality type 2.

Well, that's new. The biggest issue I had was the fact that I had to say no unless I completely agreed with the statement. There were a lot where I mostly agreed, or knew what they were asking and applied to me, but the details made me say no.
    This is very interesting feedback. Thank you.
    I would be happy to know more about and possibly improve questions and algorithm. Would you mind doing the test again and leaving the comment below the question, where you would have said Yes but you didn't?

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    I took it twice. First time it bandied about between 3, 4, 5, and eventually 2. Second time, it went through those same options in the same order; but rather than 2 it settled on 1. It was neat to see the algorithm just drill more and more into questions that honed in on a type.

I read the descriptions and, verily, I do see myself in those descriptions (among others). Yes, I can be critical/self-critical/perfectionistic like a 1; I an be self-sacrificing and appeasing like a 2, etc etc. I'm surprised that it tossed away 3 as an option, but then again I'm not as outgoing as most. I am, however, more surprised at how long it kept 3 around for me, unlike most other tests.

I also appreciate the emphasis on 'how you have traditionally been.' The phrasings of the questions emphasizes that, too. (Yes,' I admit; I like my successes to be seen by others in some capacity.')

I'd also think it helpful to list other results if they're close. If 2 beat out 1 by a 1% margin, it'd probably be nice to include it as a potential. "You are probably personality type 2. You may also consider type 1." Worst case, if the person does in fact resonate with 1 (possibly along with 2), he might read the type 2 description, regard it as 'not him,' and think the rest of the endeavor to be a waste of time. If 2 beat out 1 by a 10% margin, though, there's no need to list 1; as those of us who are out to explore typology and thus would likely be pretty curious aren't really your target audience.

Perhaps you could slip in a question at the end -- "What is your type, if you know it?" -- at least to a select few. Perhaps the link you give out to typology forums could trigger a flag that triggers the question to be asked, where normally that question wouldn't be seen? If you have a few questions that turn out to falsely lead the algorithm to skew one toward a type 6, say, you might identify those. In developing tests, I've found techniques like that useful in determining bad questions -- ones that don't measure accurately what you're trying to measure.

Anyhow, I'll be watching this test. I'm a fan.
    Thank you for very helpful feedback. We will implement question at the end.
    And we have on plan to show also the next most relevant result.
    Likes Bush Did 9/11 liked this post