User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Legion View Post
    Yes, it would have helped to have seen the full list of type scores.
    Why would you see that beneficial?
    We were thinking to show only a possible sub-type along with the main type.

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by Drea View Post
    We were thinking to show only a possible sub-type along with the main type.
    Are the subtypes indicated by the picture or person received with the enneatype? Two others who scored as fives received a picture of September, while I received a picture of Albert Einstein.

If so, what do the subtypes themselves indicate?

EDIT: Or did @BadOctopus just find a picture of September and paste it. Didn't think about that.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by PeaceBaby View Post
    Well, it gave me type 2. Am not type 2, am type 9. There were like 50 questions to get that far! Too many questions seemed instinct-based to me, as a social dominant nine it does make it tricky to discern.
    Thanks for feedback.

Questionnaire uses complex data-mining algorithm to converge as quick as possible to your dominant type, however when one has a strong sub-type, in your case that could be 9 or vice versa 2, then it takes more questions to end. In drive-response theory that subtype exists, and types 2 and 9 are very close to each other.

Maybe you take a test once again, to check if questionnaire finds the same dominant type again?

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    EDIT: Or did @BadOctopus just find a picture of September and paste it. Didn't think about that.
    I did do that, yes.

(Because get it? "The Observer"? Yeah, I'll see myself out.)
    Likes Alea_iacta_est liked this post

Socionics
    ILI

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    I did do that, yes.

(Because get it? "The Observer"? Yeah, I'll see myself out.)
    I legitimately thought that it was included as a differentiation of subtype, which actually seemed like it would be a great example if the creator of the test actually watched Fringe.

Saw you and greybeard both get "the observer" result, and I didn't see that Type 5 was labeled that until after email.

Apologies to @Drea.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by Alea_iacta_est View Post
    Are the subtypes indicated by the picture or person received with the enneatype? Two others who scored as fives received a picture of September, while I received a picture of Albert Einstein.

If so, what do the subtypes themselves indicate?

A picture of Albert Einstein of course represents type 5.

Drive-Response theory proposes a little bit different connections, on which also the core algorithm is trying to find your dominant type.

We will display the sub-type information as we collect sufficient number of tests, to prove our hypothesis. And of course we are also going to reveal the theory.

your resident asshole

Thanks for your feedback. Our goal is to find the dominant type, because between 4 and 6 is a big difference.
    Do you see your self more as 4 or more as 6?
    4 and 6 definitely are different, but they do share commonalities. Namely, the two are both prone to depressive, anxious, self-doubting etc. attitudes, which I definitely identify with. My main motivations are to belong (6) and figure out who I am and what will make me happy in life (4). Some descriptions tend to put me off of 6 (traditions and authority) and some descriptions tend to push me off of 4 (creativity and pompousness). In general, I feel like 6 might be the better fit of the two, but I am not certain.

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    4 and 6 definitely are different, but they do share commonalities. Namely, the two are both prone to depressive, anxious, self-doubting etc. attitudes, which I definitely identify with. My main motivations are to belong (6) and figure out who I am and what will make me happy in life (4). Some descriptions tend to put me off of 6 (traditions and authority) and some descriptions tend to push me off of 4 (creativity and pompousness). In general, I feel like 6 might be the better fit of the two, but I am not certain.
    I agree, 4 and 6 are both anxious and self-doubting. The main difference is that 4 wants to be unique (also dress in an unusual way) 6 is looking for security.
    Would you rather stick at secure job or rather change jobs or be an independent even for less money...

your resident asshole

I agree, 4 and 6 are both anxious and self-doubting. The main difference is that 4 wants to be unique (also dress in an unusual way) 6 is looking for security.
    Would you rather stick at secure job or rather change jobs or be an independent even for less money...
    I really do not think it's at all as simple as this question. The desire for security and/or individuality can manifest in ways other than a career. Though again, I'm sticking with 6 for now.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

This is the first online test that has recognised me as a 6, so congratulations! I was particularly impressed with the disclaimer you added. Test takers should only answer "yes" if they have illustrated a behaviour before, but this is something many Enneagram tests neglect to emphasise. What you want is not the same as who you are.
    Likes /DG/, Drea liked this post