• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Gamer Personality Test

Stephano

Almöhi
MBTI Type
NFP
I won't doubt that certain types aren't more readily apparent in certain games. However, the correlations in the OP are just silly.

I would say that in general, more competitive play is probably associated with T types and that J types might be more inclined to practice a game to get better at in than just jump in (opposite for Ps--tend to be more casual gamers), but I don't think you can presume a whole lot more than that.

You're right. Those descriptions represent extremes, just like most regular mbti descriptions.
What I'm trying to say is that extroverts are more likely to enjoy twitch, introverts fluid and so on.
I'm not exactly categorizing.
I consider myself an extrovert and still like fluid style more. Same with Planning.
I'm pretty sure you would find more extroverts enjoying twitch than vice versa though.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
TSPE - Puzzle Adventurer
7 Twitch-Fluid, 6 Simple-Complex, 8 Planning-Acting and 8 Entertainment-Difficulty!

TSPE's get into puzzle adventure games because they appeal to both their fast fingers and their quick minds. They thrive on fast-paced gameplay that requires more than just button-mashing. Even though they do enjoy fast gameplay, they don't rely on reflexes and rather like to have a strategy ahead of time. TSPE's also don't like memorizing things, such as learning combos or remembering complex menus, so they instead prefer that the game directly tap into their brainpower with puzzles. Puzzle Adventure Gamers like to be entertained by their games, not punished by them. Puzzle adventure games do rely on some quick skill, the heft of the challenge comes from the puzzles, which in a worst case scenario means looking up something in a strategy guide.

Games TSPE's like: Portal, Braid, The Legend of Zelda

idk, i'm not a gamer. i like the sims and pokemon and stupid time management games. i do know that i'm horrible at racing games apart from N64 mariokart.

Xander

Lex Parsimoniae
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
9w8
I would say that in general, more competitive play is probably associated with T types and that J types might be more inclined to practice a game to get better at in than just jump in (opposite for Ps--tend to be more casual gamers), but I don't think you can presume a whole lot more than that.
In my experience the opposite is more true.

I'd put it down to the J habit of organising the exterior world and computer games mostly being about the internal world. My INTJ friend can rarely be bothered to learn how to play or to even get setup where as my ENFP friend is an ardent fan of trying to become the next megalomaniac!

/DG/

silentigata ano (profile)
You're right. Those descriptions represent extremes, just like most regular mbti descriptions.
What I'm trying to say is that extroverts are more likely to enjoy twitch, introverts fluid and so on.
I'm not exactly categorizing.
I consider myself an extrovert and still like fluid style more. Same with Planning.
I'm pretty sure you would find more extroverts enjoying twitch than vice versa though.

And I'm saying that I totally disagree with your analysis. Even at the very extremes, I don't see how these would ever correlate.

It's like saying S types prefer mangos while N types prefer kiwis. It doesn't make sense.

Magic Poriferan

^He pronks, too!
MBTI Type
Yin
Enneagram
One
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
...actually. What racing games do people even play these days?

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
I am an INTP
You would assume I am a FCAD but my result was FCPE.
FCPD and TCPE fit as well.
My favorite types of games are Indiegames like Minecraft and Terraria but I love RPGs too and platformers anyway.

21%

You have a choice!
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
I like games where there's a pretty world to look at and puzzles to solve, and no excessive violence.

I also like games where I build things. Roller Coaster Tycoon was a very fond memory.

Eluded_One

Building muscle memory in my brain
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
TCPD - Real-Time Strategist

6538307906124505435.jpeg___1_500_1_500_cb94de6a_.png

World of Warcraft: FCPd (INtJ) (An ingame study actually found out that INTJs make up almost a quarter of players Personality test results, Part 1 | Paragon)
Bioshock: TsAe (EsfP)
Dishonored: FxPd (IxtJ)
Journey: FSAE (ISFP)
The Last of Us: FSxe (ISfx)
The Walking Dead: FSPE (ISFJ)
Amnesia: FSPE (ISFJ)

Most of the WOW players I've played with and met offline were INxx. I suspect most of the guild leaders and raid leaders I encountered within my journey of the game were NT's. But the most enduring WOW player I've known to stay within the game without taking leave is actually an INTJ.

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
FSPE - Racer
5 Twitch-Fluid, 7 Simple-Complex, 7 Planning-Acting and 6 Entertainment-Difficulty!

You probably feel right at home with older games because they inherently have less to work with. Newer games either frustrate you with too many buttons and options, or they just annoy you because there are simpler ways to climb a ladder than jumping on, holding L, and then pushing forward.

BluRoses

MBTI Type
ENFJ
Enneagram
2w3
FCPE - Role Playing Gamer

2 Twitch-Fluid, 5 Simple-Complex, 9 Planning-Acting and 10 Entertainment-Difficulty!

Accurate, since I actually do play RPG's.

RandomINTP

Injustice Needs To stoP
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
7w8
Instinctual Variant
sx
Read Stephano's first post again. According to him,
Fluid = Introversion
Complex = Intuitition
Acting = Percieving
Difficulty = Thinking

But I got Planning and Entertainment despite being neither Feeling nor planning. Also, I behave like an extrovert despite being an introvert so Twitch kinda fits to me too.

Chrysanthea

I got FCPE, the type for RPG's, but I think I am much better suited to the TCPE, the Action RPG'ers. I hate linearity in video games, and JRPG's are usually no exception to this... I need something with more freedom and action, like The Elder Scrolls or Fallout!

Kierva

#KUWK
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
TCPE - Action RPGer

Action RPG's have gained popularity over the years. They combine quick action-based gameplay with classic RPG strategy and storytelling. TCPE's prefer a larger palette of options provided by complex button combos or large menus. The Action Role-Player likes to use their mind as a weapon and then turn that brainpower into brute force. Preparing for battle is almost as important as the battle itself for a TCPE, but they still feel the need to convey the action through their twitchy fingers. They also expect their games to entertain them. TCPE's will usually overlook a game's fairly easy difficulty if it satisfies their hunger for strategy and a good story.

Games TCPE's like: Kingdom Hearts, The Elder Scrolls, Chrono Trigger, Castlevania: Symphony of the Night

TWITCH
You have a strong twitch reflex, which means that your muscles tend to move in very quick jerky movements. This makes you especially adept to action games, since they rely on that very same jerky motion and quick button pressing. You probably beat the pants off of others in minigames using the "tap A to run" mechanism, and you hold your own even in fighting games that you've never played because you can execute the moves very quickly. Unfortunately, you also have trouble with games that require precision movements like shooting games. Your thumbs are just too fast and that little analog stick is so sensitive! And games that require precise timings like the Mario Bros 3 extra life slider give you trouble as well.

COMPLEX
The more the better is your motto. You want your games to be a nuanced and varied as you are. You don't mind shuffling through an extra menu or two or learning a couple more combos. If it will add depth to the game and give you more freedom, bring it on! You've probably debated on more than one occasion why can't Pokemon have more than four moves at a time. Or you've committed yourself to learning Zangeif's entire moveset, just to be that much better for the next match. You enjoy managing money, stats and equipment, making your team or army or city bigger, better, and badder. And you're always looking for a new way to complete a task. You also tend to lose interest or generally have trouble with simpler games, as you become frustrated or confused by the lack of things in your control.

PLANNING
When it comes to the actual act of playing, you're a no-frills flawless machine. It's a good thing that video game characters don't actually carry all the stuff in your inventory, because they'd probably suffocate underneath it all! You've got your armies all highly trained and equipped with rocket launchers and jeeps with gatling guns. You didn't even have to be in the same room as your PS2 to finish the final boss of Final Fantasy XII. You're prepared for anything because you've got it all figured out ahead of time. But even the best plans backfire sometimes and that's where your weakness shines through. You're so used to having enough healing potions that when you actually run out you're a sitting duck.

ENTERTAINMENT
You play mostly for the fun of the game. Whether its the story, the gameplay, or just the overall feel of the game, something about it draws you in. You'll find yourself popping a game in years after you completed it to revisit the characters, locales, and gameplay. You probably own at least a few game soundtracks and maybe a few posters. You appreciate games as art and a way to pass the time. You may also play competitively (either professionally or amateur) but that's not the reason you'll be playing them 40 years from now.

erg

MBTI Type
None
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got puzzle gamer, which is actually my least preferred genre.

Lord Lavender

Bluered Trickster
MBTI Type
EVLF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
In stark contrast to the Action Gamer (TSAD) is the Role Player. FCPE's lack the reflexes or twitchy demeanor, but they excel in other areas. They handle complex menus, maps, and concepts very well, and they utilize them in extremely effective ways. Strategy is the name of the game for FCPE's. They're not looking for a quick fix of rapid violence, they prefer to exploit a weakness, find a key, or unlock a new path. For Role Players, the game itself is as enjoyable as actually playing it.

Games FCPE's like: Tactics Ogre, Final Fantasy, Lost Odyssey, Pokémon

FLUID
You have very subtle, smooth movements. Your muscles stay relaxed, even in tense situations. This makes you ideal for games where you have to perform precise movements under pressure such as shooters and racing games. Your thumbs glide over the controller and you are probably one the better shots on your team in Call of Duty or even can do fairly well in a racing game you've never played because you don't make the car spin out of control. But you also don't do as well with games that require a faster touch. Most hardcore action games and fighting games will give you a hard time because the other players can input the moves a lot faster than you can. And you probably can't tap the button fast enough to blow up your balloon in Mario Party.

COMPLEX
The more the better is your motto. You want your games to be a nuanced and varied as you are. You don't mind shuffling through an extra menu or two or learning a couple more combos. If it will add depth to the game and give you more freedom, bring it on! You've probably debated on more than one occasion why can't Pokemon have more than four moves at a time. Or you've committed yourself to learning Zangeif's entire moveset, just to be that much better for the next match. You enjoy managing money, stats and equipment, making your team or army or city bigger, better, and badder. And you're always looking for a new way to complete a task. You also tend to lose interest or generally have trouble with simpler games, as you become frustrated or confused by the lack of things in your control.

PLANNING
When it comes to the actual act of playing, you're a no-frills flawless machine. It's a good thing that video game characters don't actually carry all the stuff in your inventory, because they'd probably suffocate underneath it all! You've got your armies all highly trained and equipped with rocket launchers and jeeps with gatling guns. You didn't even have to be in the same room as your PS2 to finish the final boss of Final Fantasy XII. You're prepared for anything because you've got it all figured out ahead of time. But even the best plans backfire sometimes and that's where your weakness shines through. You're so used to having enough healing potions that when you actually run out you're a sitting duck.

ENTERTAINMENT
You play mostly for the fun of the game. Whether its the story, the gameplay, or just the overall feel of the game, something about it draws you in. You'll find yourself popping a game in years after you completed it to revisit the characters, locales, and gameplay. You probably own at least a few game soundtracks and maybe a few posters. You appreciate games as art and a way to pass the time. You may also play competitively (either professionally or amateur) but that's not the reason you'll be playing them 40 years from now.

I got RPG which fits as i love RPG games.

Frosty

Poking the poodle
Instinctual Variant
sp
Rhythm Gamer
Thanks to DDR and Guitar Hero, music and rhythm games have grown from a niche genre into a whole new marketing scheme. TCAE's enjoy being challenged with completing complex tasks with little to no preparation. Rhythm games provide a perfect outlet with long intricate combos and a beat to follow. Entertainment is the main goal of Rhythm Gamers, which is why so many rhythm games feature popular music. They love the pressure and urgency of hitting the right moves at just the right time and pride themselves on their ability to memorize very long passages. While TCAE's are often dismissed as casual gamers, the skills they practice can easily be applied to other genres such as fighting games and platformers.

Smilephantomhive

MBTI Type
ISTJ
Enneagram
6w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
TCAE rhythm gamer.

Accurate. I rarely have a strategy when I play video games, and I'm a pretty casual playerror and don't like to invest a lot of time in them.

Kanra Jest

Av'ent'Gar'de ~
MBTI Type
ENTP
Enneagram
4w3
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
TSPD - Platformer
6 Twitch-Fluid, 9 Simple-Complex, 8 Planning-Acting and 5 Entertainment-Difficulty!

Games TSPD's like: Super Mario, Sonic The Hedgehog, Maximo, Mirror's Edge

TWITCH
You have a strong twitch reflex, which means that your muscles tend to move in very quick jerky movements. This makes you especially adept to action games, since they rely on that very same jerky motion and quick button pressing. You probably beat the pants off of others in minigames using the "tap A to run" mechanism, and you hold your own even in fighting games that you've never played because you can execute the moves very quickly. Unfortunately, you also have trouble with games that require precision movements like shooting games. Your thumbs are just too fast and that little analog stick is so sensitive! And games that require precise timings like the Mario Bros 3 extra life slider give you trouble as well.

SIMPLE
You remember the good old days, when Atari was cutting edge with a joystick and ONE BUTTON. This is not to say that you can't handle more complex controls and concepts, but you prefer that your games didn't require half a novel's worth of instructions. You do best when all the controls and options are right at your fingertips. You probably feel right at home with older games because they inherently have less to work with. Newer games either frustrate you with too many buttons and options, or they just annoy you because there are simpler ways to climb a ladder than jumping on, holding L, and then pushing forward.

PLANNING

DIFFICULTY
You play mostly for the challenge. You thrive on the idea that you are defeating an enemy or piloting a jet. As the game presents new challenges, you knock them down and the ones you can't pass drive you to become a better player and overcome them. You probably have played tournaments before and you enjoy friendly competition. You probably one more than one strategy guide and maybe even are on a forum or part of a clan dedicated to your favorite game. You probably also love the art and music and design of video games but the only reason you might pop in GoldenEye is because some old pals come over and you all want to start up a deathmatch and see who's still got it.