User Tag List

First 12345 Last

MBTI
    ENFP
    Enneagram
    4w3 so/sp

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I won't doubt that certain types aren't more readily apparent in certain games. However, the correlations in the OP are just silly.

I would say that in general, more competitive play is probably associated with T types and that J types might be more inclined to practice a game to get better at in than just jump in (opposite for Ps--tend to be more casual gamers), but I don't think you can presume a whole lot more than that.
    You're right. Those descriptions represent extremes, just like most regular mbti descriptions.
    What I'm trying to say is that extroverts are more likely to enjoy twitch, introverts fluid and so on.
    I'm not exactly categorizing.
    I consider myself an extrovert and still like fluid style more. Same with Planning.
    I'm pretty sure you would find more extroverts enjoying twitch than vice versa though.
    4w3 - 7w6 - 1w9 : The Idealist

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp

TSPE - Puzzle Adventurer
    7 Twitch-Fluid, 6 Simple-Complex, 8 Planning-Acting and 8 Entertainment-Difficulty!

TSPE's get into puzzle adventure games because they appeal to both their fast fingers and their quick minds. They thrive on fast-paced gameplay that requires more than just button-mashing. Even though they do enjoy fast gameplay, they don't rely on reflexes and rather like to have a strategy ahead of time. TSPE's also don't like memorizing things, such as learning combos or remembering complex menus, so they instead prefer that the game directly tap into their brainpower with puzzles. Puzzle Adventure Gamers like to be entertained by their games, not punished by them. Puzzle adventure games do rely on some quick skill, the heft of the challenge comes from the puzzles, which in a worst case scenario means looking up something in a strategy guide.

Games TSPE's like: Portal, Braid, The Legend of Zelda

idk, i'm not a gamer. i like the sims and pokemon and stupid time management games. i do know that i'm horrible at racing games apart from N64 mariokart.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by DisneyGeek View Post
    I would say that in general, more competitive play is probably associated with T types and that J types might be more inclined to practice a game to get better at in than just jump in (opposite for Ps--tend to be more casual gamers), but I don't think you can presume a whole lot more than that.
    In my experience the opposite is more true.

I'd put it down to the J habit of organising the exterior world and computer games mostly being about the internal world. My INTJ friend can rarely be bothered to learn how to play or to even get setup where as my ENFP friend is an ardent fan of trying to become the next megalomaniac!
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

your resident asshole

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    You're right. Those descriptions represent extremes, just like most regular mbti descriptions.
    What I'm trying to say is that extroverts are more likely to enjoy twitch, introverts fluid and so on.
    I'm not exactly categorizing.
    I consider myself an extrovert and still like fluid style more. Same with Planning.
    I'm pretty sure you would find more extroverts enjoying twitch than vice versa though.
    And I'm saying that I totally disagree with your analysis. Even at the very extremes, I don't see how these would ever correlate.

It's like saying S types prefer mangos while N types prefer kiwis. It doesn't make sense.

^He pronks, too! Magic Poriferan's Avatar
    MBTI
    Yin
    Enneagram
    One sx/sp

...actually. What racing games do people even play these days?
    Go to sleep, iguana.

Injustice Needs To stoP RandomINTP's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    7w8 sx

I am an INTP
    You would assume I am a FCAD but my result was FCPE.
    FCPD and TCPE fit as well.
    My favorite types of games are Indiegames like Minecraft and Terraria but I love RPGs too and platformers anyway.

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    9w8
    Socionics
    INTj

Quote Originally Posted by RandomINTP View Post
    I am an INTP
    You would assume I am a FCAD
    Why?
    Isn't it time for a colourful metaphor?

MBTI
    INFJ
    Enneagram
    4w5

I like games where there's a pretty world to look at and puzzles to solve, and no excessive violence.

I also like games where I build things. Roller Coaster Tycoon was a very fond memory.
    4w5 sp/sx EII

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w6 so/sx
    Socionics
    LII Ti

TCPD... Cool.
    Yeah, well, that's just, like, your opinion man.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    6w5 sp/sx

TCPD - Real-Time Strategist

Quote Originally Posted by Stephano View Post
    World of Warcraft: FCPd (INtJ) (An ingame study actually found out that INTJs make up almost a quarter of players Personality test results, Part 1 | Paragon)
    Bioshock: TsAe (EsfP)
    Dishonored: FxPd (IxtJ)
    Journey: FSAE (ISFP)
    The Last of Us: FSxe (ISfx)
    The Walking Dead: FSPE (ISFJ)
    Amnesia: FSPE (ISFJ)
    Most of the WOW players I've played with and met offline were INxx. I suspect most of the guild leaders and raid leaders I encountered within my journey of the game were NT's. But the most enduring WOW player I've known to stay within the game without taking leave is actually an INTJ.
    “If you worry about what might be, and wonder what might have been, you will ignore what is.” -anonymous