User Tag List

First 1234 Last

Quote Originally Posted by jscrothers View Post
    I'm pretty sure that I spotted some questions that, I swear, were taken verbatim from the MBTI as well.
    That's why I clicked out of the site.
    Likes Bush Did 9/11, Cellmold liked this post

Also, all the categories correspond perfectly with the cognitive functions.

Effectiveness = Te
    Sensation = Se
    Exploration = Ne
    Harmony = Fe

Accuracy = Ti
    Memory = Si
    Perspectives = Ni
    Authenticity = Fi

Combine for example Perspectives/Harmony, and read the type description. Reads exactly like a description of an INFJ. The famous examples of the Perspectives/Harmony style are frequently typed as INFJ in MBTI, too. The same plagiarization can be seen with all the genius styles.
    I FEEL ALRIGHT
    Likes Hard liked this post

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jaguar View Post
    That's why I clicked out of the site.
    I thought along similar lines, but I still took it. Got authenticity/exploration...

I dislike the terminology, I mean 'genius'? What a great way to encourage barnum.

And authenticity is an odd one, I understand what they were angling towards but everyone is technically authentic, especially to themselves. Or is authenticity only the right of the emotionally righteous?

As a broader point authenticity as a concept is just odd to me in general. I've never benefited from being honest and open and it's usually resulted in being taken advantage of. But what if being dishonest and closed are authentic for me?

This is the issue in a species with chemically driven biologies like ourselves, we are laughably context based and just barely able to keep up with the most prominent habits of those around us as identifiers for those people, let alone ourselves.
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Rogue heart

They came up with different terminology to say the exact same things that the MBTI talks about.

Quote Originally Posted by AffirmitiveAnxiety View Post
    I thought along similar lines, but I still took it. Got authenticity/exploration...

I dislike the terminology, I mean 'genius'? What a great way to encourage barnum.

And authenticity is an odd one, I understand what they were angling towards but everyone is technically authentic, especially to themselves. Or is authenticity only the right of the emotionally righteous?

As a broader point authenticity as a concept is just odd to me in general. I've never benefited from being honest and open and it's usually resulted in being taken advantage of. But what if being dishonest and closed are authentic for me?

This is the issue in a species with chemically driven biologies like ourselves, we are laughably context based and just barely able to keep up with the most prominent habits of those around us as identifiers for those people, let alone ourselves.
    They could also define authenticity as the the exact opposite of their theory.
    Likes Cellmold liked this post

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Accuracy/Exploration

Famous people of your type:

Albert Einstein
    Bill Gates (Microsoft, founder)
    Tony Hsieh (Zappos, CEO)

Here’s an overview of your unique Genius Style:

Strengths:

Managing large amounts of information
    Radical honesty
    Intellectual curiosity

Weaknesses:

Unspoken social contracts
    Relationships and people dynamics
    Tact

Excerpt from Action Webinar: Of all the types, the Accuracy/Exploration genius is the most interested in analysis and theoretical logic. They have a natural understanding of how data systems work, as well as an inborn skill for spotting inconsistencies and incongruities. When they scan data and information – which they are doing all the time – they are looking for information that contradicts itself. The more ‘clean’ and ‘elegant’ the system (that is, the fewest contradictions within the data) the more satisfying. Once on track with an elegant frame, they’re off to mix and match information, form new theories and hypothesis, and introduce radically new ways of understanding the world. Since data, not people, catch their attention they are some of the least social of all the types. It’s not uncommon for this type to be awkward around others. People very rarely ‘make sense’, and the intense emotions of others can be more confusing than uncomfortable…

Sigh, can't argue with my strengths and weaknesses.

Wake, See, Sing, Dance Cellmold's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daenera View Post
    They came up with different terminology to say the exact same things that the MBTI talks about.

They could also define authenticity as the the exact opposite of their theory.
    Exacumuntedly!
    'One of (Lucas) Cranach's masterpieces, discussed by (Joseph) Koerner, is in it's self-referentiality the perfect expression of left-hemisphere emptiness and a precursor of post-modernism. There is no longer anything to point to beyond, nothing Other, so it points pointlessly to itself.' - Iain McGilChrist

Suppose a tree fell down, Pooh, when we were underneath it?"
    "Suppose it didn't," said Pooh, after careful thought.
    Piglet was comforted by this.
    - A.A. Milne.

Accuracy/Exploration

Albert Einstein
    Bill Gates (Microsoft, founder)
    Tony Hsieh (Zappos, CEO)

Strengths:

Managing large amounts of information
    Radical honesty
    Intellectual curiosity

Weaknesses:

Unspoken social contracts
    Relationships and people dynamics
    Tact

Excerpt from Action Webinar: Of all the types, the Accuracy/Exploration genius is the most interested in analysis and theoretical logic. They have a natural understanding of how data systems work, as well as an inborn skill for spotting inconsistencies and incongruities. When they scan data and information – which they are doing all the time – they are looking for information that contradicts itself. The more ‘clean’ and ‘elegant’ the system (that is, the fewest contradictions within the data) the more satisfying. Once on track with an elegant frame, they’re off to mix and match information, form new theories and hypothesis, and introduce radically new ways of understanding the world. Since data, not people, catch their attention they are some of the least social of all the types. It’s not uncommon for this type to be awkward around others. People very rarely ‘make sense’, and the intense emotions of others can be more confusing than uncomfortable…

Permabanned
    MBTI
    N/A
    Socionics
    EIE Ni

Congratulations! Your Genius Style is…

Authenticity/Exploration

Strengths:
    Core Values
    Honoring the individual
    Holding the vision/mission

Weaknesses:
    Project management
    Utilizing people as resources
    Delegating

MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    4w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ESI Fi

Perspectives/harmony. Theres an INFJ profile video right on the results page, so I assume that's what this corresponds to. :p
    4w3 6w5 1w2 sx/sp ISFP

RLOAX (don't do it)
    Melancholic Hufflepuff
    A lonely island where only what is permitted to move moves, becomes an ideal. Jung

Kiss Kiss [johari] Bang Bang [nohari]

MBTI
    IXXJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/so

Congratulations! Your Genius Style is…

Memory/Effectiveness

George Washington, United States founding father
    Queen Elizabeth II, British queen

Strengths:

Endlessly responsible
    Maintain systems and keep things going
    Clear-/levelheaded

Weaknesses:

Suspicious of new concepts and solutions
    Can be prideful and unbending
    May get stuck in a rut

Excerpt from Action Webinar: Of all the types, Memory/Effectiveness genius is the most driven to fulfill its role in society. They’re extremely responsible, duty-bound people. When at their best they have an unmatched ability to “just keep going.” They’re always determined to keep their promises and will “push through” to get anything done. People of this type think of themselves as down-to-earth, fair, and wise. They learn best through direct experience, and due to their strengths, never forget a lesson they have learned. They generally expect everyone to follow “the rules” and, albeit reluctantly, are willing to help enforce them…