• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Obsolete Job Selector

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Your top match for Obsolete Jobs is:

Tosher. Someone who scavenged in the sewers, especially in London during the Victorian era.

How flattering.

93JC

Iceman

A harvester and cutter of surface ice from lakes and rivers for storage in ice houses and sale as a pre-refrigeration cooling method.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jester = Town Crier

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Venefica sorceress. A Roman slave girl who concocts and applies potions and poison for several reasons, chiefly to assist in carrying out revenge.

I swear that I only read about poisons because they're interesting! :unsure:

and on another interesting note, one of my grandfather's childhood jobs was to be a leech catcher!

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Jester.​

An entertainer employed by nobility in medieval times. They served not simply to amuse but to criticise their master or mistress and their guests. (100%)

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Venefica sorceress. A Roman slave girl who concocts and applies potions and poison for several reasons, chiefly to assist in carrying out revenge. (100%)

Link-boy. A boy who carried a flaming torch to light the way for pedestrians at night. Linkboys were common in London in the days before street lighting. (100%)

Apparently this quiz is very conflicted about my gender("No" on male and "Yes" on female was overly oblique I suppose).

senza tema

nunc rosa cras fex
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
1. Haruspex. A person who inspected the entrails of sacrificed animals for purposes of reading omens in ancient Rome.
2. Herb Strewer. The job of distributing herbs and flowers throughout the royal apartments in order to mask unpleasant odors before the advent of sewers.

Haha.

Chthonic

Venefica sorceress. A Roman slave girl who concocts and applies potions and poison for several reasons, chiefly to assist in carrying out revenge. (100%)

Well it was a tie between this and the Ice Man. I don't like the cold so my career options were limited.

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
Jester... I had to be a jester. :17425: At least it wasn't "Court Dwarf" (which was second on my list).

SpankyMcFly

Level 8 Propaganda Bot
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
Toad Doctor...

Ingrid in grids

Court Dwarf

Court dwarfs would surround the king during his public appearances and ceremonies. Because they were so small, the king appeared much larger. Thus they visually enhanced his powerful position.

Ghost of the dead horse

filling some space
MBTI Type
ENTJ
Castrato. Classical male singer with a voice equivalent to that of a soprano, mezzo-soprano, or contralto. The voice is produced by castration of the singer before puberty, (100%)
Court dwarf. Court dwarfs would surround the king during his public appearances and ceremonies. Because they were so small, the king appeared much larger. Thus they visually enhanced his powerful position. (100%)
Jester. An entertainer employed by nobility in medieval times. They served not simply to amuse but to criticise their master or mistress and their guests. (100%)

Taslim

MBTI Type
INFP
Venefica sorceress. A Roman slave girl who concocts and applies potions and poison for several reasons, chiefly to assist in carrying out revenge.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Moirologist (or professional mourner). A person paid to lament or deliver a eulogy.

Omo is this just because I said I can cry and wail on command? -.- Even made it low priority *sigh* But I like it lol, I think I could be strangely good at it.

My lowest score: Knocker-up. Before alarm clocks were affordable or reliable. A knocker-up's job was to rouse sleeping people so they could get to work on time. (lol definitely because I was like no way to early hours.)

Daenera

Rogue heart
Moirologist (or professional mourner). A person paid to lament or deliver a eulogy.

Omo is this just because I said I can cry and wail on command? -.- Even made it low priority *sigh* But I like it lol, I think I could be strangely good at it.

My lowest score: Knocker-up. Before alarm clocks were affordable or reliable. A knocker-up's job was to rouse sleeping people so they could get to work on time. (lol definitely because I was like no way to early hours.)

Same here. Moirologist (or professional mourner). A person paid to lament or deliver a eulogy.

Not sure it's obsolete though, we could probably land a gig nowadays too.

Morpeko

Noble Wolf
MBTI Type
LEFV
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
Tosher. Someone who scavenged in the sewers, especially in London during the Victorian era. (100%)

Lmao. Sure.