• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

The Four Tendencies

Daenera

Rogue heart
Another test yay!

http://https://www.surveygizmo.com/s3/1950137/Four-Tendencies-January-2015

This one is apparently about how you respond to expectations, yours and those of other people.

My result:

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
According to your answers, your dominant Tendency is Rebel.

Rebels resist all expectations, outer and inner alike. They act from a sense of choice, from freedom. Rebels wake up and think, “What do I want to do today?”

They resist control, even self-control, and enjoy flouting rules and expectations. They sometimes frustrate others—and even themselves—because they resist any expectation, even one that’s self-imposed.

Rebels resist habits, but they can embrace habit-like behaviors by tying their actions to their choices and their identity.

miley-cyrus-i-ll-do-what-i-want-o.gif

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
According to your answers, your dominant Tendency is Obliger.

Obligers respond readily to outer expectations, but struggle to meet inner expectations. In other words, they work hard not to let other people down, but they often let themselves down.

Obligers may find it difficult to form a habit, because often we undertake habits for our own benefit, and Obligers do things more easily for others than for themselves.

For Obligers, the key to forming habits is to create external accountability.

chickpea

perfect person
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
According to your answers, your dominant Tendency

Rebels resist all expectations, outer and inner alike. They act from a sense of choice, from freedom. Rebels wake up and think, “What do I want to do today?”

They resist control, even self-control, and enjoy flouting rules and expectations. They sometimes frustrate others—and even themselves—because they resist any expectation, even one that’s self-imposed.

Rebels resist habits, but they can embrace habit-like behaviors by tying their actions to their choices and their identity.

Galena

Silver and Lead
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
The Obliger: keeps external commitments, but is less apt at motivating oneself. No, not so happy with this result.

I did not relate to the few Obliger answers that mentioned over-committing oneself for others. I am very selective about what I say yes to because I know I will not go back on a commitment once it is made. So, I have exactly enough time for my own interests. My management of that time is just another story.

BadOctopus

Suave y Fuerte
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
My dominant Tendency is Questioner.

Not surprising, considering my childhood. My least favorite thing to hear was "Because I said so" or "Because I'm the mother". Even at a young age, I was like, "That's not a reason at all!"

Bush

cute lil war dog
Enneagram
3w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Rebels resist habits, but they can embrace habit-like behaviors by tying their actions to their choices and their identity.​

Wholly expected this. Not surprised, but also not disappointed. Questioner would also do.

__

Interesting system. There are two facets, "outer expectations" and "inner expectations," which one holds or not. This binary system leads to four possibilities:

• Upholder holds all expectations, inner and outer. He's the duty man.
  • Questioner upholds his own inner expectations, but questions outer expectations and tries to determine whether he thinks they make sense before he goes off and upholds them.
  • Obliger sacrifices his own inner expectations for those of others.
  • Rebel doesn't give a flying flip about any expectations at all.

Looks like there's a chapter on it: Better than Before, chapter "The Four Tendencies."

edit:
This one is apparently about how you respond to expectations, yours and those of other people.
Oops, beaten.

Jaguar

Vasilisa

Symbolic Herald
Instinctual Variant
so/sx
tendency

According to your answers, your dominant Tendency is
Upholder.​

Upholders respond readily to both outer and inner expectations: they meet deadlines and keep New Year’s resolutions without much struggle or supervision.

Upholders take great satisfaction from moving smoothly through their daily schedule and their to-do lists. They meet others’ expectations—and their expectations for themselves.

However, Upholders may feel uneasy when expectations aren’t clear, when they’re worried that they’re breaking the rules, or when they feel overwhelmed by expectations they seek to meet.

They enjoy habits, and form habits fairly easily.

NOTE: If the Upholder description doesn’t ring quite true to you, you may be an Obliger. Obligers often believe they’re Upholders, because both categories readily meet outer expectations. However, there’s a key difference. Upholders also meet inner expectations, while Obligers struggle to meet them. The key is: how easily do you meet an expectation to yourself? If that’s tough, you’re an Obliger.

EJCC

The Devil of TypoC
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w9
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Very, VERY strongly this. I think I picked the answer for this result on almost every question.

According to your answers, your dominant Tendency is Upholder.

Upholders respond readily to both outer and inner expectations: they meet deadlines and keep New Year’s resolutions without much struggle or supervision.

Upholders take great satisfaction from moving smoothly through their daily schedule and their to-do lists. They meet others’ expectations—and their expectations for themselves.

However, Upholders may feel uneasy when expectations aren’t clear, when they’re worried that they’re breaking the rules, or when they feel overwhelmed by expectations they seek to meet.

Lady Lazarus

Permabanned
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
9w8
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp

In actuality I'm probably some combination of this and questioner.

Oaky

Travelling mind
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so

Such Irony

Honor Thy Inferior
MBTI Type
INtp
Enneagram
5w6
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Questioner

Questioners question all expectations, and will meet an expectation only if they believe it’s justified, so in effect, they meet only inner expectations.

Once Questioners believe that a particular habit is worthwhile, they’ll stick to it—but only if they’re satisfied about the habit’s soundness and usefulness. They resist anything arbitrary or ineffective; they accept direction only from people they respect.

Questioners may exhaust themselves (and other people) with their relentless questioning, and they sometimes find it hard to act without perfect information.

If you’re thinking, “Well, right now I question the validity of the Four Tendencies framework,” yep, you’re probably a Questioner!

HongDou

navigating
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
6w7
Instinctual Variant
so/sx

The last part sounds a little hippy-ish, but other than that this is true. I suck at following through, even if it's something I want to do myself. I just kind of go with the flow each day. I wish I was more rigorous with myself. :cry:

Falcarius

The Unwieldy Clawed One
MBTI Type
COOL

grey_beard

The Typing Tabby
MBTI Type
INTJ
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
According to your answers, your dominant Tendency is
Upholder.

NOTE: If the Upholder description doesn’t ring quite true to you, you may be an Obliger. Obligers often believe they’re Upholders, because both categories readily meet outer expectations. However, there’s a key difference. Upholders also meet inner expectations, while Obligers struggle to meet them. The key is: how easily do you meet an expectation to yourself? If that’s tough, you’re an Obliger.

Ghost

Megustalations
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
5w4
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Rebel:

“I do what I want, in my own way. If you try to make me do something—even if I try to make myself do something—I’m less likely to do it.”

Hm. This tendency might be why people see me and my dad as being similar.

laterlazer

good, hot, fresh, fly ~
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp
Obligers respond readily to outer expectations, but struggle to meet inner expectations. In other words, they work hard not to let other people down, but they often let themselves down.

Obligers may find it difficult to form a habit, because often we undertake habits for our own benefit, and Obligers do things more easily for others than for themselves.

For Obligers, the key to forming habits is to create external accountability.

I could smell this result from a mile away when I started, sad but true though, I only ever get worried about disappointing people otherwise I don't care about anything.