MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahbob View Post
    Why not?

Well, you're not male, so I'll just settle on the notion that you don't understand male lived experience.
    Because it's not professional or even handed, and yes the people I see predominantly admiring psychopaths are insecure beta males.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Because it's not professional or even handed, and yes the people I see predominantly admiring psychopaths are insecure beta males.
    I see, so the fact that a person doesn't feel any sympathy for suffering animals is worthy of fair praise? It's not superficially charming enough to say: "you're sick in the head."

Although, you brought up Oprah earlier, and 95% of those shows are run by psychopaths who exploit and denigrate weak and powerless people for profit while maintaining their nice superficial charm.

I don't know enough about Oprah to say one way or the other.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

I see, so the fact that a person doesn't feel any sympathy for suffering animals is worthy of fair praise? It's not superficially charming enough to say: "you're sick in the head."

Although, you brought up Oprah earlier, and 95% of those shows are run by psychopaths who exploit and denigrate weak and powerless people for profit while maintaining their nice superficial charm.

I don't know enough about Oprah to say one way or the other.
    You know I didn't say that at all, some people err on the side of diplomacy so that they won't be sued or lose their job or professional license, those are all real life concerns, Oxford professors can't go around calling people scum bags, there are systems in place, checks and balances, I mean he even has to put a disclaimer on the quiz because one actually can't go around throwing legal labels on people under professional credentials. I can see that you feel strongly about your values, and I certainly agree those people are disgusting, but we can't just go around having vigilante justice or we will end up with Salem Witch trials again.

I don't think Oprah is like that. She probably has some narcissistic tendencies, but I think she has real empathy and tries to help people. As for Geraldo, probably not, he's likely not of good moral character.

I'm a vegetarian by the way, so animal suffering is a big deal to me, I'm not explaining my personal feelings, I am telling you this is how the world works, and for very practical legal reasons.
    Likes Hard liked this post

MBTI
    ISTP
    Enneagram
    8w7 sp/sx

79%

You can play hardball with the best of them! You know what you want and are not afraid to go for it – even if it means bending the rules occasionally and putting a few noses out of joint on the way. Nothing fazes you. You are decisive, self-confident and pretty much up for anything. You are a ‘means-to-an-end’ person. For you, it’s not necessarily a matter of right or wrong, but of what gets the job done. ‘Bring it on’ is your mantra, but to help those around you keep their heads, you should learn some tricks to help you temper your self-satisfying tendencies...

That was a pathetic amount of questions for it to determine anything... Not sure why they're so positive about my results?

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

They didn't just participate, they altered their bylaws for that explicit purpose. Dr. Paul McHugh, former dean of Psychiatry at John Hopkins, has taken issue with the credibility of a lot of disorders the APA has been putting out, suggesting they're straying into the territory of social engineering rather than helping sick people, in so many words. I believe him to some extent on that account - especially given their apparent belief that sadistic behavior is actually not a disorder.

The APA has assisted in numerous government experiments and projects which violated the Nuremberg code over the past decades - I trust them about as much as I trust the USSR's psychological establishment.
    After reading your exchange with Marmotini it's very very apparent that you have serious problems with any form of authority.

So, just because one person takes issue it's suddenly a valid reason to disregard an entire organization? That's not logical. Let's say for example if you were to go to a psychatrist and were diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Would you suddenly not trust it or regard it simply because the APA is associated with determining what metrics are required to meet diagnostic criteria? The fact that the APA has changed their bylaws has no bearing on the utility or purpose of it.
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6 sp/sx

Here's "chubbers" result from the psychopath test... notice it doesn't call him a scumbag for being a psychopath, but praises him for it - that about embodies everything wrong with contemporary Psych academia.

Note this test is supposedly developed by a psychology professor at Oxford.

Did you read Chubber's spoiler: this is the result he got by choosing "strongly agree" for every question, not necessarily what he would choose himself.
    I've been called a criminal, a terrorist, and a threat to the known universe. But everything you were told is a lie. The truth is, they've taken our freedom, our home, and our future. The time has come for all humanity to take a stand...

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Coriolis View Post
    Did you read Chubber's spoiler: this is the result he got by choosing "strongly agree" for every question, not necessarily what he would choose himself.
    I kind of figured - but the point stands.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    After reading your exchange with Marmotini it's very very apparent that you have serious problems with any form of authority.

So, just because one person takes issue it's suddenly a valid reason to disregard an entire organization? That's not logical. Let's say for example if you were to go to a psychatrist and were diagnosed with bipolar disorder. Would you suddenly not trust it or regard it simply because the APA is associated with determining what metrics are required to meet diagnostic criteria? The fact that the APA has changed their bylaws has no bearing on the utility or purpose of it.
    I would not trust it because he has no empirical basis to make that assertion as there is not physical or biological test for the "disorder."

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

I would not trust it because he has no empirical basis to make that assertion as there is not physical or biological test for the "disorder."
    Wow. Guess the entire field of psychology is invalid then! We should invalidate sociology while were at it too! You very very clearly do not understand how the social sciences work.

This is what we have in this era. Of course it's working towards biological/physical tests for the disorders. There actually have been many links and studies that have been preformed on it, but that area is in it's infancy. Until then, this is what we have and it IS useful for many many people.

Likes Thalassa liked this post

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    Wow. Guess the entire field of psychology is invalid then! We should invalidate sociology while were at it too! You very very clearly do not understand how the social sciences work.

This is what we have in this era. Of course it's working towards biological/physical tests for the disorders. There actually have been many links and studies that have been preformed on it, but that area is in it's infancy. Until then, this is what we have and it IS useful for many many people.
    The problem with the lack of empiricism in psychology is that it is all structured around the ideal form of behavior that the upper class expects of subordinates which is in no way an example of actual or likely biological disorder.

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

The problem with the lack of empiricism in psychology is that it is all structured around the ideal form of behavior that the upper class expects of subordinates which is in no way an example of actual or likely biological disorder.
    So in reality, you just have a personal dislike for how the world is structured, and therefore exaggerate and heavily dramatize what you see around you (which is wrong to begin with) and deem the entire field as wrong because you must be right. Dat logic. It's impressive!

That is flat irrational in every which way. Based off what I have seen of other posts of yours, you have an extremely warped picture of the world and are in no position to judge something like this.

Likes Thalassa liked this post