INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by highlander View Post
    Post your score
    30%

It tells me to watch out for those who might take advantage of me.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahbob View Post
    "Secondary Psychopathy" sounds like something that a psychopathic APA doctor who enjoys breaking the Nuremberg Code and micromanaging society would come up with to explain people who don't do or believe everything he says...

After the A.P.A. actually altered its bylaws to allow psychologists to assist the government in the torture of people - I stopped giving them much of any credibility whatsoever.

Also, they don't consider "Sadistic Personality Disorder" (enjoying inflicting pain and controlling people) a disorder, but they consider any resistance to any authority or control "antisocial."

Secondary psychopathy is only embraced by some theorists and psychopathy is a legal term, not in the DSM as AphroditeGoneAwry pointed out. Secondary psychopathy has apparently been around as a terminology since about the 1940s, and still describes a criminal who consistently harms others despite ability to feel fear or anxiety, they prefer the rush of doing criminal activity, and never learned to distinguish good actions from bad actions. The secondary psychopath is actually a creepy person. While not entirely devoid of empathy, he or she can turn empathy on and off at will. Psychopaths who can feel empathy are actually more revolting in a way, because they understand that the victim feels pain and just.dont.care.

That's why I did not like the way one person worded it as lack of regard for social behavior, because it seems like you interpreted it as hippie pot smokers being called secondary psychopaths, which is absurd.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

They didn't just participate, they altered their bylaws for that explicit purpose. Dr. Paul McHugh, former dean of Psychiatry at John Hopkins, has taken issue with the credibility of a lot of disorders the APA has been putting out, suggesting they're straying into the territory of social engineering rather than helping sick people, in so many words. I believe him to some extent on that account - especially given their apparent belief that sadistic behavior is actually not a disorder.

The APA has assisted in numerous government experiments and projects which violated the Nuremberg code over the past decades - I trust them about as much as I trust the USSR's psychological establishment.

Ahhh... from what I understand they just wanted to make histrionic and narcissism sub categories of bpd, because narcissistic rage is similar to bpd rage and histrionics need a lot of attention and approval though they don't have the intense fear of abandonment. While some "disorders" are probably exaggerated because they are more result of unnatural lifestyle (lack of exercise, artificial light, too much sitting, traffic, isolation and stress of modern life) the fact remains that these people need help, society is just starting to change its attitude as to why. Like Ritalin prescription. While some children really need it, many who have been given it probably just would do better on a farm than in public schools, or just need their sugar taken away and more exercise and less tv. There is definitely such a thing as placing too much trust in the establishment or authority figures, but alas when people make blanket statements like you are making, more likely it results in homeless schizophrenics who won't take their medication. The APA serves a purpose, they just need to be questioned, and they have been and they do change considerably. Homosexuality used to be considered a disorder, and now people can live relatively normal lives without the extensive institutionalization many endured sixty years ago, now only severe cases are kept in hospitals longer than a few days to a few weeks.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Ahhh... from what I understand they just wanted to make histrionic and narcissism sub categories of bpd, because narcissistic rage is similar to bpd rage and histrionics need a lot of attention and approval though they don't have the intense fear of abandonment. While some "disorders" are probably exaggerated because they are more result of unnatural lifestyle (lack of exercise, artificial light, too much sitting, traffic, isolation and stress of modern life) the fact remains that these people need help, society is just starting to change its attitude as to why. Like Ritalin prescription. While some children really need it, many who have been given it probably just would do better on a farm than in public schools, or just need their sugar taken away and more exercise and less tv. There is definitely such a thing as placing too much trust in the establishment or authority figures, but alas when people make blanket statements like you are making, more likely it results in homeless schizophrenics who won't take their medication. The APA serves a purpose, they just need to be questioned, and they have been and they do change considerably. Homosexuality used to be considered a disorder, and now people can live relatively normal lives without the extensive institutionalization many endured sixty years ago, now only severe cases are kept in hospitals longer than a few days to a few weeks.
    Everything in the DSM revolves around proper employment/citizenship and little around interpersonal relationships - they're social engineers - not people interested in human nature.

MBTI
    yupp

How did people get lower scores than me? I think they're lying to the test or themselves. I answered honestly but I don't know what I said
    In no likes experiment.

that is all

i dunno what else to say so

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Here's "chubbers" result from the psychopath test... notice it doesn't call him a scumbag for being a psychopath, but praises him for it - that about embodies everything wrong with contemporary Psych academia.

Note this test is supposedly developed by a psychology professor at Oxford.

If that makes me angry, I'm borderline. If I refuse to recognize the authority of psychopaths, I've got antisocial tendencies. If I think I'm a better person than them because I don't like torturing animals or people, I'm a narcissist.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Here's "chubbers" result from the psychopath test... notice it doesn't call him a scumbag for being a psychopath, but praises him for it - that about embodies everything wrong with contemporary Psych academia.

Note this test is supposedly developed by a psychology professor at Oxford.

If that makes me angry, I'm borderline. If I refuse to recognize the authority of psychopaths, I've got antisocial tendencies. If I think I'm a better person than them because I don't like torturing animals or people, I'm a narcissist.
    No actually, no. Many academics believe that there is no positive side to psychopathy, and if you had watched the documentary, they said one of the best ways to deal with a narcissist or psychopath is actually not to alarm or anger them further by allowing them to save face. That keeps them from acting out, like most people, really, but especially with a person who doesn't feel shame, shaming them isn't effective. Which is why I think they should be sentenced automatically to the death penalty when they are remorseless and have committed especially heinous crimes. Is an Oxford professor supposed to tell random strangers on the internet they're scum bags? While you and I can do that, he surely isn't allowed to speak that way in a professional capacity.

Yes, some people, especially insecure beta males, have an unhealthy admiration of psychopaths, because they think they're strong or powerful. But as I already mentioned, successful and corporate psychopaths typically come from priveleged backgrounds, they are not necessarily "self made" likely due to their inability to adjust to the feelings or needs of others, and the way they cause strife through manipulation.

I don't like that attitude either, it's very wrong, there's nothing to admire about people who are basically brute vikings who rape and pillage with little concience.
    Likes Hard liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Everything in the DSM revolves around proper employment/citizenship and little around interpersonal relationships - they're social engineers - not people interested in human nature.
    Actually that's not true.
    Likes Hard liked this post

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by prplchknz View Post
    How did people get lower scores than me? I think they're lying to the test or themselves. I answered honestly but I don't know what I said
    Why? Do you think you are more empathetic than other people? Why couldn't someone have a score lower than yours?

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Is an Oxford professor supposed to tell random strangers on the internet they're scum bags?
    Why not?

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini
    Yes, some people, especially insecure beta males, have an unhealthy admiration of psychopaths, because they think they're strong or powerful. But as I already mentioned.
    Well, you're not male, so I'll just settle on the notion that you don't understand male lived experience.