First 45678 Last

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

27%

You are warm and empathic with a heightened awareness of social responsibility and a strong sense of conscience. You like to carefully weigh up the pros and cons of a situation before you act and are generally averse to taking risks. You are very much a ‘people person’ and dislike conflict. ‘Do unto others…’ are your watchwords. But, although you avoid hurting others, those residing at the higher end of the psychopathic spectrum might not be as considerate, so stay vigilant to avoid being hurt unnecessarily.

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639
    Likes five sounds liked this post

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    6w5 sx/sp
    Socionics
    ILI Ni

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Yeah, all those designations are confusing, to say the least. The DSM V just classifies it all as 'antisocial' PD, which i prefer. I think it separates it from borderline.
    Post your score

Please provide feedback on my Nohari and Johari Window by clicking here: Nohari/Johari

Tri-type 639

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by AphroditeGoneAwry View Post
    Yeah, all those designations are confusing, to say the least. The DSM V just classifies it all as 'antisocial' PD, which i prefer. I think it separates it from borderline.
    Borderline personality disorder has nothing to do with psychopathy. It gets confused though by some people, it's extremely unpleasant to see the way people don't recognize bpd for what it actually is, there's even one moron running around the internet saying bpd doesn't exist and they're just female psychopaths. Um, no. Psychopaths have much greater emotional control and much lower empathy. Borderlines are actually overly emotional and act out of fear of abandonment and want intense merging with others to a point that isn't healthy. I think you mistook my saying that I think my sister and her father have borderline sociopathic tendencies, and a tendency towards meanness and roughness is heritible, and at the very least influences a persons capacity to be later diagnosed as ASPD or psychopaths in criminal capacity.

Psychopaths do have genetic traits, they've been studied for years, and successful or corporate psychopaths usually just come from more priveleged background where they were shielded from consequences by family, money, social position, etc.

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Nihilogen View Post
    Look up "Primary Psychopathy" and "Secondary Psychopathy." They exist.
    Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Mmm cheating on your spouse and lying about it (rather than having an open relationship) or not caring about the suffering of animals isn't about social behavior, it actually is real disregard for the feelings of other living things. Stepping on other people? People deserve to be conned? Yeah this is all lack of empathy to varying degrees. If you strongly agree, for example, that stepping on others is ok (rather than moderately agreeing) that pretty much indicates you don't give a fuck who you hurt to get your way.
    "Secondary Psychopathy" sounds like something that a psychopathic APA doctor who enjoys breaking the Nuremberg Code and micromanaging society would come up with to explain people who don't do or believe everything he says...

After the A.P.A. actually altered its bylaws to allow psychologists to assist the government in the torture of people - I stopped giving them much of any credibility whatsoever.

Also, they don't consider "Sadistic Personality Disorder" (enjoying inflicting pain and controlling people) a disorder, but they consider any resistance to any authority or control "antisocial."

MBTI
    ENFJ
    Enneagram
    1w2 sp/so
    Socionics
    EIE Fe

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahbob View Post
    After the A.P.A. actually altered its bylaws to allow psychologists to assist the government in the torture of people - I stopped giving them much of any credibility whatsoever.
    This is a terrible reason to stop giving them credit. Because they assisted in torture (which I'd imagine isn't in the way you think, granted I am not condoning torture), the organization suddenly isn't able to diagnosed, explain, organized, or state what mental disorders are or are not? The APA is not perfect, but no organization is perfect. If you don't put stock into the APA, then what do you put stock into as an authority of psychology?
    MBTI: ExxJ tetramer
    Functions: Fe > Te > Ni > Se > Si > Ti > Fi > Ne
    Enneagram: 1w2 - 3w4 - 6w5 (The Taskmaster) | sp/so
    Socionics: β-E dimer | -
    Big 5: slOaI
    Temperament: Choleric/Melancholic
    Alignment: Lawful Neutral
    External Perception: Nohari and Johari

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4

Quote Originally Posted by Hard View Post
    This is a terrible reason to stop giving them credit. Because they assisted in torture (which I'd imagine isn't in the way you think, granted I am not condoning torture), the organization suddenly isn't able to diagnosed, explain, organized, or state what mental disorders are or are not? The APA is not perfect, but no organization is perfect. If you don't put stock into the APA, then what do you put stock into as an authority of psychology?
    They didn't just participate, they altered their bylaws for that explicit purpose. Dr. Paul McHugh, former dean of Psychiatry at John Hopkins, has taken issue with the credibility of a lot of disorders the APA has been putting out, suggesting they're straying into the territory of social engineering rather than helping sick people, in so many words. I believe him to some extent on that account - especially given their apparent belief that sadistic behavior is actually not a disorder.

The APA has assisted in numerous government experiments and projects which violated the Nuremberg code over the past decades - I trust them about as much as I trust the USSR's psychological establishment.

good, hot, fresh, fly ~ laterlazer's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    592 sp

45%

Though your conscience is in the right place you also have a pragmatic streak and generally aren’t afraid to do your own dirty work! You’re no shrinking violet - but no daredevil either. You generally have little trouble seeing things from another person’s perspective but, at the same time, are no pushover. ‘Everything in moderation – including moderation’ might sum up your approach to life.

Meh.

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by blahblahbob View Post
    Wow, not remotely... a psychopath is akin to a predator stalking prey - a borderline person is equivalent to a wounded animal attacking anything that gets near it out of an intense overload of self-preservation.

But, an INFJ would try to categorize them all the same:

Jung on extroverted feeling:

"What she cannot feel, she cannot consciously think. 'But I can't think what I don't feel', such a type said to me once in indignant tones. As far as feeling permits, she can think very well, but every conclusion, however logical, that might lead to a disturbance of feeling is rejected from the outset. It is simply not thought."

Oh! Nice quote!

I was coming back to say that from the point of view of the victim, they are not the same. But from the point of view of the world, they kind of seem alike in how they manifest from what I've heard and read. I have no experience (that I know of) dealing with them irl. They both manipulate excessively and cause harm to others, and have extreme difficulty maintaining a healthy relationship, so that is how I meant they are essentially the same.

It is about perspective. Interesting that you identify with the perspective from the victim side, and I identify with the perspective from the outer side.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

failure to thrive AphroditeGoneAwry's Avatar
    MBTI
    INfj
    Enneagram
    451 sx/so
    Socionics
    ENFj Ni

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    Borderline personality disorder has nothing to do with psychopathy. It gets confused though by some people, it's extremely unpleasant to see the way people don't recognize bpd for what it actually is, there's even one moron running around the internet saying bpd doesn't exist and they're just female psychopaths. Um, no. Psychopaths have much greater emotional control and much lower empathy. Borderlines are actually overly emotional and act out of fear of abandonment and want intense merging with others to a point that isn't healthy. I think you mistook my saying that I think my sister and her father have borderline sociopathic tendencies, and a tendency towards meanness and roughness is heritible, and at the very least influences a persons capacity to be later diagnosed as ASPD or psychopaths in criminal capacity.

Psychopaths do have genetic traits, they've been studied for years, and successful or corporate psychopaths usually just come from more priveleged background where they were shielded from consequences by family, money, social position, etc.

I am impressed by your knowledge regarding this stuff.
    Ni/Ti/Fe/Si
    4w5 5w4 1w9
    ~Torah observant, Christ inspired~
    Life Path 11

The more one loves God, the more it is that having nothing in the world means everything, and the less one loves God, the more it is that having everything in the world means nothing.

Do not resist an evil person, but to him who strikes you on the one cheek, offer also the other. ~Matthew 5:39

songofmary.wordpress.com

Likes Thalassa liked this post