Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by BadOctopus View Post
    Ah, gotcha. Thankfully, I have no desire to do any of those things. I'm not a huge fan of people in general, but my morality would never allow me to crush another human life in order to get what I want. (My conscience is a bitch that way.) And I love animals; in fact, I agree with April from Parks and Recreation, who said that animals "should be rewarded for not being people."

In short, I may seem scary, but I'm harmless. I suspect that my 33% can mostly be attributed to my inordinate fondness for roller coasters.
    Same. I am highly spontaneous, sometimes change plans, and am open to adventure. I mean you have to have multiple traits in combination for psychopathy to even apply, but apparently the lower your score the more likely you are to be good helping people or animals. I like the Parks and Recreation quote, that's right up my alley

Anyway if some people didn't have partial traits they wouldn't be able to do what it is they do. While I strongly disagree it's "neccessary" to be able to run a greedy corporation or corrupt government, people who have higher risk taking and cool heads, like Winston Churchill, are necessary to fight bad guys. I mean some people will set you on fire as soon as look at you, I'm glad there are people who can stand being prison wardens, at least those who aren't full blown sociopaths themselves. Even ethical politicians and police officers need a certain strength, even if they have high empathy, it's great if they are not emotionally reactive.
    Likes BadOctopus liked this post

MBTI
    INTP
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILE

I got 39%.

I've been reading Hervey Cleckley's book The Mask of Sanity and he describes psychopaths as presenting a deceptively sane, healthy, intelligent person but who fundamentally revels a extremely chaotic internal personality. They seem to have no strong urges or purpose for all the strange things they do other than weak whims, they they are defined by weak drives but even weaker inhibitions. He suspects they are even more fundamentally disturbed than psychotic individuals(like schizophrenics), he says their "mask of sanity" hides a deep semantic neuropsychiatric disorder.

He goes on to describe the clinical manifestations of patients he's observed, they all seem like very normal people initially but their background records are littered with buffonish antics and irrational self-sabotaging behaviors, they lie effortlessly and are unfazed when caught in a lie, they have very trivial motivations and concerns, and have no sense of emotional significance.

What's really interesting is when he goes over fictional representations of psychopaths, he says most miss the mark, such as psychopaths having inconsistent aims, most villains are too consistently evil and purposeful in their aims to be full psychopaths. He actually names Scarlett O'Hara(from Gone With The Wind) as a very close approximation of a psychopath. When it comes to historical figures he actually excludes Hitler because he showed strong emotionality, anxiousness and purposeful behavior. He name checks Alcibiades, a ancient Greek statesman and military general, as a excellent example of a psychopath because of his inconsistent, reckless and traitorous behavior.

The more machiavellian traits are somewhat missing from Cleckley's clinical profile, Robert Hare's Psychopathy Checklist added those features but they are both generally describing the same personality disorder. It seems most serial killers are probably psychopaths but some extra, additional feature seems to be needed to turn someone into a serial killer.

Here's a good documentary on psychopathy, notice how the first psychopath describes murdering his own brother in a casual, matter of fact manner, than stabbing a man, then molesting a child!!!!! It's interesting that OJ Simpson is thought that be a psychopath and they used this info in his arrest.

Reserved Calm Unstructured Egocentric Inquisitive Clown

Johari Nohari
    Likes Thalassa liked this post

MBTI
    INFJ

I got 21%

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

I got 33%. I'm just not impulsive enough to be a psychopath.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

Permabanned
    MBTI
    ISFP
    Enneagram
    6w7 sx
    Socionics
    SEE Fi

Quote Originally Posted by Andy View Post
    I got 33%. I'm just not impulsive enough to be a psychopath.
    So then you have low empathy or narcissism?

42%.

MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w6

Quote Originally Posted by Marmotini View Post
    So then you have low empathy or narcissism?
    Maybe... I'm probably not the best person to ask if you want to know if I'm a narcasist. It's the type of thing that can be hard to spot in yourself. I wonder how many narcasists are aware of there own condition? I'm empathy is probably bobbing around at indifferent. It seems to get weaker as the years go by.
    Don't make whine out of sour grapes.

failed poetry slam career chubber's Avatar
    MBTI
    INTJ
    Enneagram
    5w4 sp/sx
    Socionics
    ILI Te

MBTI
    INFP
    Enneagram
    5w4