• You are currently viewing our forum as a guest, which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community, you will have access to additional post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), view blogs, respond to polls, upload content, and access many other special features. Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free, so please join our community today! Just click here to register. You should turn your Ad Blocker off for this site or certain features may not work properly. If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact us by clicking here.

Which Movie Director Are You?

Nicodemus

Stanley Kubrick

8a8eec4f-93c0-4c1b-95f2-b2e09e3298c4.jpg

You are obsessed with obsession and often the obsessed; employing techniques that constantly challenge the way films are crafted; with protagonists that are find themselves imploding within the very worlds they helped create.
Some interesting questions/options there, actually.

I want to know which directors are available.

five sounds

MyPeeSmellsLikeCoffee247
MBTI Type
ENFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
I got speilberg.

Totenkindly

@.~*virinaĉo*~.@
MBTI Type
BELF
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
me:

Alfred Hitchcock

dfb72dc8-3a02-450f-ab2a-cd96c75fb160.jpg

Your camera is ever our eyes; the shape and trajectory of the protagonist is at all times visually told, drawing us in with varying methods and techniques to portray confusion, terror, suffocation. Your subjects are the vulnerable, everyday types suddenly upended, the normal that becomes a living nightmare.

Man, they couldn't even spell Aladdin right (in the test).

93JC

Steven Spielberg
9e65ec7e-fdd5-4db4-aa99-73e9a5f330bc.jpg

With subject matter concerning those on the fringes, the taken-for-granted, the unknown, the almost-forgotten, accidental everyday heroes, and innocents affected, your vision is broad, yet always from the subjective of the protagonist, using the pathos of music, sweeping dollies to reveal the forces of what are to come.

:shrug:

miss fortune

not to be trusted
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sp/so
Federico Felllini

You have a warm, naturalistic approach to movie-making, with themes that are both fantastic yet self-reflective, sensual yet brutal; your camera follows the joys of free sensuality of youth and love in tandem with the mood of is before you.

I'm not pretentious... :unsure:... how the hell did I get this one?

MBTI Type
*NF*
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/sp
STEVEN SPIELBERG

With subject matter concerning those on the fringes, the taken-for-granted, the unknown, the almost-forgotten, accidental everyday heroes, and innocents affected, your vision is broad, yet always from the subjective of the protagonist, using the pathos of music, sweeping dollies to reveal the forces of what are to come.

Alright for music, but I fit better in the description of Kubrick.

chubber

failed poetry slam career
MBTI Type
INTP
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Federico Felllini

You have a warm, naturalistic approach to movie-making, with themes that are both fantastic yet self-reflective, sensual yet brutal; your camera follows the joys of free sensuality of youth and love in tandem with the mood of is before you.

53c2b993-c0cf-4eef-8ee5-aa7ac3834ee5.jpg

Firebird 8118

DJ Phoenix
MBTI Type
INFP
Enneagram
Instinctual Variant
sx/so
INGMAR BERGMAN

Your subjects are the sensual from under the restricted, youth and nature acting out repressed desires, forever concerned with breaking out from the confines we find ourselves in; and with an uncanny eye for casting, utilizing actors for every whisper, for every held breath, your camera is held close and low to emphasize the smallest shifts of emotional moments.

Ene

MBTI Type
iNfj
Enneagram
5w4
INGMAR BERGMAN

Your subjects are the sensual from under the restricted, youth and nature acting out repressed desires, forever concerned with breaking out from the confines we find ourselves in; and with an uncanny eye for casting, utilizing actors for every whisper, for every held breath, your camera is held close and low to emphasize the smallest shifts of emotional moments.

SD45T-2

Senior Jr.
MBTI Type
ESTJ
Enneagram
1w2
Instinctual Variant
so/sp
Michael Mann, obviously. :alttongue: :2ar15:

Kephalos

J.M.P.P. R.I.P. B5: RLOAI
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
5w4
Jean-Luc Godard.

I hated the options for "Greatest Story Ever Told".

PocketFullOf

literally your mother
MBTI Type
NeTi
Enneagram
pot
Steven Spielberg
Steven

- - - Updated - - -

Jean-Luc Godard.

I hated the options for "Greatest Story Ever Told".

me too

Jaguar

Stanley Kubrick

You are obsessed with obsession and often the obsessed; employing techniques that constantly challenge the way films are crafted; with protagonists that are find themselves imploding within the very worlds they helped create.

velveteen

Senior citizen
MBTI Type
INFJ
Enneagram
4w5
Instinctual Variant
sp/sx
Jean-Luc Godard

c04be6ea-3639-4716-b32a-8edcc15a37e6.jpg

Intent more on commentating on the process of cinema itself, on the characters both inside and outside of the story, on the techniques and the forms of expression used by film and how they relate to the audience, you use random voice-overs, jump-cuts, and an ever moving camera that occasionally jars, often with a humor that acts as a meta-commentary on the commentary process itself.